13 April 2024

Introverted Archer 72

Test

72. Rational Pitfall!


After that, I stepped into the 21st floor for the first time.

Last time, I was quite exhausted, so I turned back without advancing.

I defeated all the monsters on the 21st floor with a single blow. In the eerie silence, only my footsteps echoed on the dungeon walls.

"There are no signs of monsters in the detectable range... It seems safe to cross here quickly."

I already know the location of the stairs leading to the 22nd floor. It's not rational to take risks and take extra time. It's best to choose the shortest route.

"If this feeling lasts for a while..."

I was about to say when it happened.

"What... is... this!?"

Flowing into my head was a vision of foresight. It's the effect of [Sure Hit].

The vision I saw depicted the dungeon's surroundings. In that familiar scene, I could see myself walking.

At that moment, something unusual happened at my feet. Something like a black whirlpool emerged on the dungeon's metallic floor.

The black whirlpool spiraled, reminiscent of an optical illusion I had seen before. The vortex, which seemed to suck me in just by looking at it, gradually expanded, becoming larger than my body in an instant.

The next moment, I was sucked into the vortex and fell downward.

"This vision... could it be—"

No doubt about it. This isn't some distant future imagery. What I'm seeing is the immediate future.

In other words, now.

"Damn it!"

It was already too late when I looked down. The black vortex, which had appeared objective just moments ago, had grown large enough to engulf me.

"Whoaahhhhh!"

The sudden sensation of falling. Amidst the floating sensation when my feet left the ground, I fell downward as if being pulled.

Is this a pitfall!? But I should have stopped because of the vision. However, considering that I still fell despite that, it's reasonable to assume that this vortex moved to target me.

No, that's no longer important. How far does this hole go!?

Could it be that I'll keep falling and die from the fall? Maybe there's no future beyond the fall. In any case, I have to escape from here.

I look up. Since I can no longer see the hole I fell into, I can't return to the 21st floor with an Anchor Arrow.

"Then sideways!"

As fast as possible, I unleash a strong blow sideways.

Darkness spreads on the side of the hole to the point where the end is not visible. But judging by the radius of that hole, it shouldn't be that large.

The arrow advances through the darkness. At that moment, just as I anticipated, the arrow seemed to come to a stop as if hitting a dead end.

Then, the arrow tore through the darkness, and instead of being swallowed like before, a hole opened from within the darkness.

"Anchor Arrow!"

Thinking I had hit the mark, I released the arrow toward the opened hole. The moment the arrow exits the hole, I move there.

"That was close...!"

A short time, perhaps only a few seconds, since being swallowed by that vortex. Yet, my breath is ragged, and my heart is pounding.

The place beyond the hole is a view of the dungeon. I don't know which floor this is, but at least I've managed to return.

"What was that just now...?"

The sudden appearance of the black vortex. Is it one of those traps unique to dungeons that I still don't know about?

After falling into that hole, if I couldn't escape. I have no idea what would have happened.

"Anyway, although I escaped from a crisis... it seems there's another one waiting."

Where am I? It's definitely a dungeon, but I shouldn't still be on the 21st floor after falling into a hole.

"...This is bad!"

Without even a moment to catch my breath, I immediately erased my presence.

There's a monster nearby, just around the corner. It's a monster with floating eyeball-like things I've never seen before.

That was close. I used <Stealth>, so I should be fine—,

"Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!"

At that moment.

The eyeball that turned the corner began to emit a strange cry as it looked at my location.

"...Are you kidding me? There's no way..."

No, saying it's impossible isn't rational. This is a dungeon, right? And I don't even know which floor this is.

"Kiiiiiiiiieee!"

The eyeball heads straight toward me, emitting something like lightning. A purple light approached. I instinctively kick the ground and dodge immediately.

"As I thought... <Stealth> isn't effective against this one!"

This is really bad! This monster is undoubtedly stronger than me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test