04 March 2024

Musou Slime 54

Test

54. Reunion With A Golem


"Hey! Hey! What's going on here!"

Thirty minutes into exploring the dungeon. Irena is raising her voice in surprise for the seventh time today.

"This is not what I heard! Aren't dungeons supposed to be places where stronger monsters come out!?"

"They're coming out. They've been coming out since earlier."

"Then why are those strong monsters getting beaten by slimes!?"

We're currently on the 8th floor. It's about time for the monsters to get stronger.

If I had to summarize what Irena has been saying since earlier, it would be 'It's not what I expected'.

"Shouldn't dungeons be more like... Monsters coming out with a bang, adventurers drawing their swords with determination, and advancing in cooperation with a sense of urgency!?"

It seems like she was expecting a more thrilling dungeon exploration.

However, instead of that, we've been simply walking through the dungeon, letting slimes find the stairs, and having them fight the monsters when they come.

"Hey, Arx! Fight them! Use your sword!"

"It's fine. According to my prediction, it should be..."

At that moment, we feel the ground trembling beneath us.

"What's that!? An earthquake!?"

"No, this is probably..."

"Goooooooo!!"

A resounding roar echoes off the walls. Before us stands a giant with a three-meter stature, a golem.

"G-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-golem!?"

"Well, it's about time for me to show up."

Facing the golem that gave us a hard time that day. This time, there's no accident of it appearing on a shallow floor. It's appropriate to encounter it here.

"Run, Arx! You'll die if you get attacked by such a huge monster!"

"Just watch."

I push Irena back in a panic and slowly draw my sword as I step forward.

The me from that day and the me now. I wonder how much stronger I've become. It's something even I'm curious about.

"Ugoooooooo!!"

The golem swings its fist with full force as if to crush me.

"Hah!"

I grip my sword tightly and swing it horizontally with all my might. At the moment the golem's fist and the blade collide, a gust of wind blows, and sparks fly.

"Goo!?"

This time, I'm not aiming for its joints. It's a clash of pure power.

The golem takes my blow and is repelled backward as if by the repulsion of a magnet.

"It's not over yet!"

While the golem is bewildered, I quickly close the distance. I take a stance with my sword and attack repeatedly as I close in.

With each slash, chunks of the golem's brown armor chip off.

"U-ugooo!!"

Perhaps realizing it's in trouble, the golem swings its arms wildly in desperation.

But it's too slow. Its every move seems to freeze. I completely evade its attacks, then jump by kicking off the ground.

"Hah!"

A thrust to the face. With a powerful blow, the golem's face is pierced, and its massive body collapses to the ground.

It feels like an easy victory. I've truly become stronger. 

The formidable demonic giant that felt so powerful before lies before me, as feeble as a mere doll.

"Now, let's secure the items and move on."

After catching my breath and looking at the two, Irena is gaping, while Raize is staring at me with narrowed eyes.

"What's... wrong?"

"You're really... 'broken,' aren't you?"

I don't understand the meaning of Raize's words.

"You know? Golems are monsters meant to be fought in parties. The theory is to maneuver skillfully and exploit weaknesses."

"Is that so? But it's a monster on the 8th floor, and I often hear about people defeating it solo."

"That's because! That's only in the context of a party! You're the type to overpower it one-on-one!!"

I got scolded.

So that's the kind of monster a golem is. It was a one-on-one fight the first time we fought it, and I couldn't think of any other way to fight it.

"Oh right, Irena. This sword was quite easy to use! It didn't dull at all even when slashing that tough body."

"............"

I tried to talk to Irena, but she's frozen like a stone.

"Hey, Irena? What's wrong?"

"I... I'm totally into it now."

Irena mutters softly and grabs my shoulders, shaking me.

"I'm in love with you, Arx! Your swordsmanship earlier! Your bravery! I'm smitten!! I'm head over heels for you, Arx!"

"Hey, don't get too close!"

With Raize intervening, Irena finally calms down. What's with this girl saying such random things?

"I like guys who are reckless and bold! I've fallen for you, Arx, do whatever you want with me!"

"Arx, what's wrong with this girl!? Say something!"

Irena is saying absurd things, and Raize is inexplicably furious.

This doesn't bode well for the future. I have a bad feeling about this.

Despite my feelings, the dungeon conquest continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test