04 March 2024

Introverted Archer 56

Test

56. Rational Test Shooting!


"Well, I never thought about piercing through the floor..." 

The idea of <Penetrate> naturally allows arrows to penetrate not only through the bodies of monsters but also through dungeon walls and floors.

However, what surprised me wasn't that. Arrows released from Twisteria were accompanied by a storm-like strong wind, trampling over the monsters on the floor.

If this is possible, the scope of bow tactics expands significantly. 

Until now, I had to defeat each monster one by one with arrows.

But now I can blow away monsters all at once.

"Looks like there are still monsters left... one more time!"

I draw my bow again and shoot an arrow towards the ground.

A gust of wind sweeps through the floor, and the arrow pierces through the floor.

By aiming carefully, the power of the shot is much stronger than before. 

The monsters on the 22nd floor are engulfed by the wind and are being defeated one after another.

"Wow, amazing!! Twisteria is seriously incredible!!"

A single arrow effortlessly mows down monsters that would have instantly killed me if I had fought them head-on. 

Not only my level but also Twisteria's enhancement is contributing to the power of my shooting.

The arrow pierces through the floor of the 22nd floor, blowing away the monsters on the 23rd layer once again.


――

You have reached level 25.

Learned skill <Bounce>.

――


Since arrows automatically eliminate higher-level monsters, my level quickly rises.

It feels like watching water flow when you pull out the plug of a sink after it's filled with water――that kind of exhilarating feeling.

"It's still the best... Twisteria!"

Finally, I decided to appraise Twisteria with <Keen Eye>.


――

Storm Bow Twisteria 

Rarity: Legend

The following effects are applied to arrows fired from this bow.

① <Storm Catastrophe>... Releases a strike wrapped in a storm.

② <Wind Formation Rejection>... While holding the bow, the owner is protected by a barrier of wind.

The effects of Twysteria vary depending on the owner's strength.

――


Oh! Twisteria has two effects!

One is the storm effect that has been applied to attacks so far. Another one I didn't notice is a defensive effect.

For an archer who hasn't considered melee combat, an increase in their own defense is appreciated. Especially when it comes from the effect of a legendary item.

"Moreover, it seems like there's still room for growth like with Blessings. I like it even more."

I carefully hold Twisteria and return to the surface.

――After returning home. Lying on the bed, I gaze at Twisteria again.

The coloring, shape, and the unique aura. 

Whether you pick any, it's a perfectly rational bow, just the way I like it.

"Come to think of it... how much value does an item with Legendary rarity have?"

Since I've only ever acquired at best Super Rare items before, I can't quite imagine.

I pick up my smartphone and search for 'Item Rarity' in Brave Stream. Among the search results, I open the top video for now.

[Hello! I'm Rumi from 'Adventurer Rookie Academy'! This time, I'll explain about item rarity!]

A gentle female voice starts playing. The screen shows an image resembling a blackboard, apparently an explanatory video.

[Do you all know what kinds of rarity exist for items? Also, have you ever acquired items up to a certain rarity?]

As the woman says, a diagram resembling a pyramid appears on the screen.

[Rarity gets structured like this pyramid, the higher you go, the more valuable it becomes, and the price increases. First, at the bottom is Normal. Above that is Rare, and even further up is Super Rare.]

I know that. The issue is from there onwards――,

[For adventurers watching this video, remembering only these three types is sufficient. Because basically, only these three types of items are obtainable.]

Huh?

[Items of Mythic rarity, above Super Rare, are rare enough to be discovered once every few years around the 20th floor and are worth tens of millions of yen per piece. The probability is just like hitting the jackpot.]

Tens of millions for one Mythic item!? So, Legendary is...,

[Furthermore, Legendary items, above Mythic, have only been confirmed in numbers of less than ten. Each one is national treasure level. It cannot be converted into value, but easily a few hundred million.]

"Twysteria, worth hundreds of millions..."

I can't grasp a concrete image for hundreds of millions. 

But I understand that selling it would drastically change my life.

[Legendary items hold such value because of their performance. For weapons, each one boasts power comparable to an army, and even other items can influence a country.]

Wait, could it be I've got an unbelievable item?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test