17 February 2024

Musou Slime 45

Test

45. Human Strength


"Kue! Kue!"

I woke up. The sound of slimes echoed. 

There's no way I've been sleeping since I got thrown into the wall.

The one injecting my arm and making noise is a healing slime. It seems to have been restoring my stamina.

"Oh, you woke up sooner than I thought! Glad you didn't faint just from that!"

As I got up, Dan looked cheerful in the distance. Of course, behind him was a giant skeleton.

"That was only the first set. As punishment for hitting me, you'll accompany me for nine more sets of wall-hitting."

If what Noah said was true. If the key is already in my hand.

"Now, onto the eagerly awaited second set!! Don't go dying on me now!!"

It's up to me to use that!

Clang!!

A metallic sound echoed as I swung my sword. The target was the skeleton's hand.

The wrist of the skeleton, thick as a pillar and hard as a mineral, was severed by my slash and fell to the ground.

I'm definitely getting stronger!!

"What the!?"

Dan showed a panicked expression and quickly retreated. I opened my status.


――

Arx Seirant, 17 years old, Male

Level 26

Skills

<Slime>

[Slime Tamer]... Can generate level 5 slimes. Up to 28.

[Slime Maker]... Can perform class changes on slimes.

<Human>

[Prayer]... Enhances physical abilities based on the emotions received from allies.

[Hope]... Enhances physical abilities based on emotional changes. Effects persist as long as one doesn't give up.

[Courage]... Strengthens allies' physical abilities.

――


Indeed, new skills have been unlocked. It's the other power I originally had.

I read through the skills. <Human> doesn't manifest visible effects like <Slime>.

All of them enhance physical abilities. Being able to sever the skeleton's wrist earlier must have been due to this skill.

"What did you do!? You just got sent flying lightly earlier!!"

"I'm not the same slime guy you knew!"

The wrist of the skeleton returned to normal instantly. 

As expected of an undead monster, its regeneration ability is quite high.

"Go! Crush Arx with <Maria>!!"

Dan sent the skeleton to attack me again. Another giant arm approached me.

If it regenerates even after being cut, I'll just cut it into finer pieces until it can't regenerate.

I summoned slimes at my feet, making them a jumping platform. Feeling the soft sensation like a trampoline under my feet, my body soared into the air.

"Hyaaaaaah!!"

I jumped onto the skeletal arm and slashed it recklessly with my sword. Amazingly, I can easily cut through the skeleton's powerful arm!

"What are you doing, idiot! Get down. I'll burn you to ashes!"

Swatting me away, the skeleton swung its arm to slam me to the ground.

Below, Dan is smugly preparing <Envy Blaze>.

Even though my physical abilities are enhanced, a direct hit would still be devastating.

"Cheer!"

"Roger that!!"

As I fell to the ground, I summoned Slime General Cheer. When it appeared on the ground, it spread its hands, sharing power with the slimes.

"Ironclad Slime!"

"Cue!"

Next, I summoned a second Ironclad Slime. As soon as it landed, a translucent barrier covered me and Cheer.

"<Envy Blaze>!!"

Purple flames spewed from the skeleton's mouth. The barrier repelled it, completely negating the attack.

"Amazing, Arx-sama! Even with Cheer's power, to perfectly withstand that flame attack!"

It's probably the effect of [Courage]. Now, <Envy Blaze> isn't frightening anymore.

"W-What the hell! My skills are the strongest! There's no way I can lose!"

Dan staggered. At that moment, purple chains bound my hands and feet.

So this is <Devil's Chains>. It's definitely not flinching.

"How's that!? You can't move, right!? Let's resume the execution, you'll be crushed while bound there—"

"If I can't move, my comrades can break it."

I summoned 4 slimes. The brave small slimes rammed into the 4 chains, shattering them to pieces.

"Why!? Those were the same unbreakable chains the Giant Spriggan couldn't move!"

"Those flimsy chains like that couldn't possibly bind me!!"

"Eeek!!"

Dan screamed.

Turning away from me, he suddenly started running.

As he attempted to chase me, undead monsters emerged from the surroundings. They were the ones from the town.

"If strength won't win, we'll just overwhelm with numbers!! We'll fight with all 129 undead monsters!!"

I see. While I'm fighting the monsters, he plans to escape.

It would be a disaster if he managed to flee to another town and replenish the undead monsters. I have to defeat him here and now.

"Cheer! This is the decisive moment! I'm counting on you!"

"Yes! Understood!"

I mobilize all the slimes.

Even with Cheer and the effect of [Courage], facing 129 undead monsters is unfavorable.

But still, I absolutely cannot afford to lose!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test