17 February 2024

Introverted Archer 47

Test

47. Rational Disaster! [Side - Hina]


"Alright... Let's go with this."

On holidays, 'Formo' is crowded. Midoriya-dai is especially large, and there are always various people, young and old, whenever you come.

After skimming through several books in the cookery section of the bookstore, I clutch "100 Bento Recipes Anyone Can Make" under my arm and line up at the register.

Hoshikake Hina. 16 years old. Obsessed with cooking.

At first, I just packed frozen food into bento boxes. 

Cooking seemed troublesome, and I didn't think it was worth waking up early to do it.

But one day, when I tried making tamagoyaki, I got completely hooked.

I wanted to make tamagoyaki more beautifully and deliciously. 

Heck, I wanted to be able to make all sorts of dishes.

With that feeling, I've started cooking even on holidays lately. 

Since the number of lunch boxes for weekdays has been increasing day by day, I've been feeding them to Eimu-kun.

"Thank you very much!"

I bow to the clerk and leave the store. 

Next, I'll quickly buy the ingredients listed in this book and make lunch.

"Something simple would be good first... Hmm, maybe I'll make braised pork belly today. As for ingredients... Huh, you use cola for braised pork belly?"

I close the book and start heading to my destination.

"Aaaahhhhh!!"

"W-What!?"

What I heard was a piercing scream of a woman. Not just me. But everyone there looked in the direction of the sound.

And the scream spread. What was in front of our eyes—were monsters.

"Why are there monsters here...!?"

"Hey! There are some over here!?"

Another voice came from elsewhere. This time, another monster appeared, knocking down items on display while rushing in.

Monsters are only supposed to be in dungeons. There are no dungeons near Formo, and if monsters overflow from dungeons, adventurers would deal with them immediately.

But right in front of us, multiple monsters overflowed from the dungeon. What that means is—

"Could it be... a disaster!?"

For a disaster to suddenly occur like this. No, it's not impossible. There are indeed multiple monsters in front of me. Besides, disasters can happen anytime.

"Where are the adventurers!! Is there nobody here!?"

The monsters rampage like a storm, smashing the displays with their bodies. 

The everyday life until a moment ago disappeared in an instant, and people are running away screaming.

What should I do? I have to do something right away. 

But I don't know what to do.

I'm not an adventurer. And right now, I don't even have any weapons. 

There's no way I could win against multiple monsters in combat.

Maybe if I wait a little longer, professional adventurers will come. 

But what if they don't? 

What if the scale of this disaster is large and other adventurers can't make it in time?

Monsters are strong. Even on the first floor, you need training. So you could win reliably. 

At least, there's hardly any chance of winning if children or the elderly engage in combat.

"What should I do..."

[Why did you interfere at that time? If you weren't sure you could win, you could have abandoned me.]

When I was troubled, what came to mind was the question I asked Eimu-kun.

[I told you. You're a special existence to me. I judged that it was rational to help you.]

Eimu-kun. It's so scary to stand up to them. When you helped me, how much chance did you see in your eyes?

I can't see anything. What's the best thing to do now? What will be the outcome if I make the best choice?

But I think Terumi-kun would say this.

"Worrying isn't rational, right!"

I look around. And search for something that I could use as a weapon.

"—Yeah, that'll do!"

Near the escalator at Formo—grabbing the handle of a bench in the rest area, I lift it with all my might.

It's really heavy... But thanks to my increased level, I can barely swing it.

"O-Ojou-chan!? You need to run away quickly! W-Why are you lifting a bench!?"

The man speaks to me with a puzzled look. I shake my head.

"I'm going to fight!"

Remember what Mirei-san said before! The reach of the bench is the length of opportunity!

"Yaaaahhhh!!"

I slam the bench with all my might towards the monster's head. With a cracking sound, the monster perishes.

"Everyone! I'll buy time here! Please hurry and get away from here!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test