17 February 2024

Seeker 291

Test

Chapter 291. Undercover Investigator


"I am the Holy Knight Beatrice. With the arrest privilege of the Holy Knights, I will arrest you, adventurer Gelzer, for attempted murder," declared the female archer adventurer, displaying the Holy Kingdom's Holy Knight medal.

Next to me, Kazane let out a whistle.

Yuzuki also exclaimed, "Whoa," in surprise.

Of course, I got taken aback as well. 

So that's how it is. 

Beatrice was originally a Holy Knight, but she infiltrated Gelzer's surroundings by pretending to be a freelance adventurer and conducting some undercover investigation.

Gelzer must have done something really outrageous in the past. 

That's why he's being targeted, and an investigation is underway.

Naturally, Gelzer was the most flustered.

"W-What...!?"

Taking one step back, then another, Gelzer managed to keep his composure.

A look filled with anger and hatred was directed at us—no, at the archer adventurer behind us, now known as the Holy Knight Beatrice.

Holy Knight Beatrice proposed to us.

"I apologize for the after-the-fact request, but could you cooperate with me? Gelzer is too much for me to handle alone. Our interests should align."

"Is there a reward for that?"

Jokingly, Yuzuki asked.

Holy Knight Beatrice chuckled and shrugged her shoulders.

"You're unexpectedly greedy. Fine, I'll talk to the Adventurer's Guild and arrange for you all to receive the reward that Gelzer's party was supposed to get. How about that?"

"Understood. We'll accept."

I confirmed Kazane and Yuzuki's intentions before answering on behalf of the party.

And then, the three of us turned back to Gelzer.

Holy Knight Beatrice also rushed over and stood by our side.

In her hand, she carried a bow and arrows.

On the other side, Gelzer.

He seemed frustrated but took a deep breath.

Then he smiled wryly and said.

"Sorry about that. I let my emotions get the best of me and said things I didn't mean. What I said about killing just now was just empty words. You understand, Beatrice?"

"Even at this point, you're making excuses!? Beatrice-san, he's—"

Kazane tried to appeal to Holy Knight Beatrice, but the Holy Knight woman waved her hand dismissively.

"I understand. ──Do you really think such excuses will work, Gelzer? Why do you think I've been overlooking your usual abusive language? It's clearly to gather decisive evidence. Stop being so stubborn and just give up."

"Grr...! You damn...! If I were to lower myself, you'd get cocky!"

Once again, frustration dominated Gelzer's expression.

His evasive performance failed, and he's about to explode too.

Holy Knight Beatrice, while keeping a stern gaze on Gelzer, muttered to us so that only we could hear.

"Four against one... No, five against one, perhaps. Yet Gelzer is a formidable opponent. Don't let your guard down."

I thought to myself, hearing those words.

It seems she doesn't fully grasp the disparity in our strengths.

I glanced at Kazane and Tsukiyuki, and the three of us exchanged amused smiles.

"What will you do, Daichi? Will you go alone? I avoided a direct confrontation until we regrouped, considering my HP was low."

"Yeah, having all of us go would be too much. I'll go."

"Alright, Senpai, do it! Beat the crap out of that jerk!"

Encouraged by my comrades' cheers, I took a few steps forward.

Holy Knight Beatrice was bewildered.

"W-Wait...!? What are you doing!? Don't tell me you don't know that Gelzer is undergoing a 'limit breakthrough'!?"

"It's alright. Just think of it as sailing a big ship and leave it to Daichi-kun."

As Kazane's soothing voice reached Holy Knight Beatrice from behind, I boldly confronted Gelzer.

"You've been calling me 'trash' all this time, but we've never fought, have we? Let's settle once and for all who the real 'trash' is around here."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test