27 February 2024

Introverted Archer 53

Test

53. Rational Appropriateness!


There is a word called 'immutable layer'.

For example, the 10th and 20th floors are where the floor bosses reside. While the shapes of other layers change over time, the immutable layer remains unchanged.

It's known that there are immutable layers other than the floor boss layers, such as the 4th layer or the 7th layer, depending on the dungeon.

What I'm trying to say is, that if it's true that the Hero of Light hid Twisteria, then those immutable layers are suspicious.

However, for this premise to hold true, it must be established that the hero hid it in the immutable layer so that he could retrieve the item himself.

"Good grief, I've once again made a poor bet..."

But for me right now, Twystaria is an item I desire so much I could reach out and grab it.

One reason I've become this strong is because of acquiring skills through <Materialization> and being able to produce arrows. However, lately, even that has hit a plateau.

Manifestation can only create things that one has experienced or can clearly imagine.

So, it's difficult to increase the power of arrows or expand the variety of skills any further.

Therefore, actually touching and using Twisteria, a super strong class bow, holds great significance for me. That's because it might help me overcome the wall I'm facing right now.

"However, this time there's really no clue... What should I do?"

The fact that there are immutable layers means that around the floors where the floor bosses are—the 10th, 20th, and 30th floors—are suspicious. But I can't just focus my search there.

"I guess I'll have to meticulously search everything..."

Having exterminated the monsters, I thoroughly examine every nook and cranny of the dungeon while steadily advancing forward.

Considering the possibility, like with Volken's time, that there might be some mechanism set up on the walls—this tedious work continues.

"Darn it! Why am I spending my after-school time playing detective, anyway!"

If I keep this up, the day will end. It's unlikely for a student to stay out late.

"...Right. The Hero of Light 'hid' Twisteria, didn't he?"

If so, there are 2 conceivable purposes.

One is like the urban legend Brave Streamer mentioned: to retrieve it later. But honestly, this is unlikely. The idea of humans coming back to life is too occult.

So, while the possibility is low, it's worth considering just in case.

I think the other possibility is more credible.

That is... The Hero of Light hid Twisteria to select a worthy person.

The Hero of Light, foreseeing disasters even after his death, tried to leave behind his rare item, Twisteria. 

However, Twisteria is powerful, so if it falls into the hands of bad or weak people, it could backfire.

So, the Hero of Light should've made sure that Twisteria was found by a worthy person.

If that's the case, there's no merit in hiding Twisteria in shallow floors. At least, it should be beyond the 10th floor.

"Then, I guess I'll just give this area a cursory look..."

I teleport to the next layer with <Anchor Arrow> and quickly scan the surroundings with <Observer>.

If there's no promising response, I teleport to the next layer and repeat.

Without any results, I pass the 10th floor. While increasing the accuracy of sensing the surroundings, I continue to hunt down enemies.

"Passed through the 15th floor...!"

Without any particular events occurring, I reached the 15th floor. Walking along, I ponder.

What kind of person is 'worthy' of Twystaria?

Worthy means someone who can wield legendary items. There are several conceivable possibilities.

The first is strength. This seems like a prerequisite. A weak person would squander a legendary item. So, it's undoubtedly deeper into the floors.

Then, righteousness? People who have a heart that won't misuse Twisteria? But I'm not particularly righteous. Righteousness is influenced by people and eras. Deciphering such an irrational concept would be too difficult.

"Then... is there something else? Something more fundamental?"

"Gyurururururu!!"

At that moment, a gigantic monster appears before me. It's a huge green slug—right, this is already the 20th floor. This is where the floor boss resides!

"I'm lost in thought here. Sorry, but could you move aside?"

The floor boss inflates its slimy body like a balloon and approaches at a speed akin to a bullet train, unexpected from its appearance.

"<Rational One>!"

I unleash an all-out attack towards the slug. A white light pushes back the monster's massive body.

"Gyaaaaaa!!"

In an instant, the slug explodes into fragments along with its death cry, bringing peace back to the floor.

"Phew, with <Rational One>, the 20th-floor boss isn't even a threat anymore."

Rather than that, let's reconsider what kind of person is worthy of Twisteria. Just as I'm thinking, an idea comes to mind.

A person who is worthy of Twisteria. Could that answer be 'Archer'?

Even the legendary bow would be meaningless if it fell into the hands of someone who isn't an Archer.

So, how can it distinguish between an Archer and someone who isn't? There are many possible conditions, but the most likely is...

[Condition fulfilled. Proceeding to extra quest]

Huh?

As I approach the 21st floor, a window appears with those words displayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test