27 February 2024

Musou Slime 51

Test

51. Let's Participate In The Tournament


"Please, Arx! Won't you participate in the tournament with me!"

Irena said so and deeply bowed her head to me.

Today is 3 days after Dan's incident. My injury was steadily recovering.

Just as I was thinking of returning to work as an adventurer soon, Irena rushed into the hospital room.

"I'm begging you, just like this! Can't you somehow help!?"

"Wait a moment. I don't understand what you mean."

"I'll do anything! Just like this!"

No good. Irena seems quite anxious, and the conversation is no longer getting through.

"Calm down, Irena. You know I won't understand if you're all worked up like that."

Just as I was in trouble, someone else entered the hospital room. It was Danzel.

"Hey, how's the injury? If you're okay with these fruits, please have some."

Danzel handed me a paper bag with some apples. In contrast to Irena, who came rushing in empty-handed, I felt the composure of an adult.

"Um, what is Irena talking about?"

"Well, there's a tournament in this town a week from now to determine the best blacksmith."

"Could that possibly be the 'Hero Tournament'?"

"Oh, you know it well. That's the one."

The Hero Tournament is a competition where blacksmiths and adventurers team up to fight.

The blacksmith creates weapons by a deadline, and the adventurer uses those weapons to fight one-on-one.

It's held once a year and is a popular event in this town.

"Though I hate to say it, they're still going to do it in this situation?"

"For craftsmen, it's a major event. We decided to hold it with spirit."

You can feel the artisan's spirit in saying "with spirit."

"All my apprentices are participating in the Hero Tournament. This year, it's Irena's turn."

"Are other apprentices participating too?"

"That's right. Including me, everyone from our shop has won in the tournament. It's Irena's turn now."

So, there might have been one of Danzel's apprentices in the match I watched.

Or rather, is Danzel's shop really prestigious after all...?

"I also want to ask you, kid. Irena has been preparing finished products for this tournament since a month ago. As you can see, there's no one else I can ask."

Irena puffed up her cheeks in response to the word 'this kind of guy.'

Well, in reality, Irena is quite eccentric.

"By the way, what will you do if I refuse?"

"T-then, I'll deal with it then! I'll fight with a sword!"

Irena desperately made a muscle with her thin arm to appeal, but there was no way she could fight with those white arms.

"Alright. I'll participate in the tournament too."

"Really!? Thank you, Arx!"

Knowing Irena, it's probably impossible for her to find a new partner. After all, she said I was the first one to buy her sword.

Irena makes good swords. There's no problem with the equipment, and I think she does a wonderful job.

If it's her big moment, of course, I want to help.

And it's quite appealing to be able to fight against other adventurers.

Indeed, to become stronger, I want to fight not only in dungeons but also against other adventurers.

"Alright, let's go right away!"

Irena brightened up her expression and then suddenly grabbed my hand.

"Irena, you're rushing again."

"Oh, that's right! Arx, will you go to the dungeon with me from now on?"

"The dungeon?"

I didn't understand how the tournament was related to the dungeon, so I tilted my head.

"Actually, the sword is already finished! I have to adjust it if you're going to use it!"

I see, so she'll customize it for me to use.

"Got it. But, since we're resuming adventures from today, we won't go too deep, okay?"

"Yeah! That's fine with me!"

Even if we only go to shallow depths, I can't let Irena get into danger. Just in case, I'll ask Rize to come too.

"So, where is this sword? Are we going to the shop to pick it up?"

"Of course not! Do you think I'm that irresponsible? I brought it with me properly!"

Irena took the sword she had been carrying on her back and handed it to me.

When I pulled the sword out of its sheath and looked at it, the mirror-like blade gleamed in the light.

As expected, Irena's work is wonderful.

It has a different shape from the sword I bought. Probably, there's something different between the one for the tournament and the one for adventuring.

"How is it!? It's totally cool, right!?"

"What's that?"

"It's awesome! It means it's cool!"

Really, where does she learn such words?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test