10 January 2024

Twilight Alchemist 6.2

Test

6.2. When You Find Someone Important, The Talk Is About Protecting Them


"No, personally, I want Craft to be yourself. It's a loss if you're cautious around us and can't fully demonstrate your abilities."

"Well, that's..."

"Still... is it bothersome?"

He has a downcast face and pleading eyes.

Ah! Come on! Isn't that cheating?

Looking at the two bodyguards, Alphard holding his forehead and Persia smiling wryly, it seems like they've given up.

"Oh..."

"Is it not okay?"

"Well, if you insist on an adventurer's attitude, does that mean you won't even use polite language?"

Trying a casual tone, Kyle visibly brightened up.

This is serious.

"Of course! I'd be delighted with that!"

"And what do you two think?"

"To be honest, I'd prefer if you refrained. But if Kyle-sama wishes for it..."

"As long as it's not in front of other nobles... we should respect Kyle-sama's feelings."

"I see."

He grew up with such an older brother.

Perhaps he was fed up with a restrictive lifestyle.

If Kyle is satisfied with this.

"Got it. But in return, no complaints, okay? Kyle."

"Yes! Thank you, Craft-san!!"

"Hahaha..."

Instead of getting angry, he seemed delighted.

I'll have to psych myself up for this.

"For now, let's greet everyone."

"Yes!"

Oh no, I can't see him as a noble anymore.

"Huh? Is something wrong?"

"Oh, no, it's nothing."

"Is that so? I've gathered all the villagers."

"Thank you, Leafan-san."

Kyle turned towards me once and then climbed up the makeshift podium with a smile.

"Was there something?"

"Well, um, various things."

I can't exactly say, "I've become friends with the third son of a borderland count.". 

Also, it's somewhat irrelevant, but some people misunderstand border viscounts as third-rate nobles driven to the provinces. 

They're highly capable nobles trusted with the problematic vast borderlands. You could almost consider them independent states.

Now that Kyle has left, my sister Myrna, who was left without someone to cling to, seems a bit anxious. She's apparently a twin with Kyle.

After glancing around nervously, she clung tightly to my back.

"..."

Silently looking up at me, Myrna.

"Um, if it's okay with you, feel free to stay there as much as you want."

"..."

After a slight tremor and turning red, she hid herself in my cloak.

"—From this situation, the decision for colonization in this land has been made! Beyond the mountains lies the empire. Although still surrounded by the deep forest that humans have not yet traversed, this land with fertile plains is urgently needed for colonization! Please lend us your strength, everyone!"

After Kyle's speech, applause and cheers erupted.

For some reason, even Alphard had tears in his eyes. Something like, "You've become splendid..." could be faintly heard.

"I have another announcement!"

"Hm?"

Not a greeting, but an announcement?

Wondering if something happened, I glanced at Leafan, who just shook his head.

"Fortunately, we have the splendid alchemist Craft-san with us! Let's all work together to create a good village!"

"Waahhhhhh!!!!"

A mysterious cheer echoed.

"Craft-kun..."

"No! This is..."

The two accompanying him, Alphard and Persia, were holding their heads, squatting down on the spot.

This isn't my fault, right!?

"Long live Kyle-sama! Long live Craft-sama! Long live Kyle-sama! Long live Craft-sama!"

Stop iiiit!!!

"This is a serious responsibility, Craft-kun."

"Gyaaaaah!"

Ugh!

I have to do it!

Alright, I'll take care of everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test