10 January 2024

Twilight Alchemist 6.1

Test

6.1. When You Find Someone Important, The Talk Is About Protecting Them


The planned cultivation site was a vast plain adjacent to a deep forest. A river flowed in the distance, and snow-covered mountains could be seen in the farthest reaches of sight.

"This is quite a nice place."

I had always assumed that a settlement would be in a deep forest or a swamp, a barren wasteland where crops wouldn't grow. However, upon arriving, I wondered why a village hadn't been established in such a good location.

"There's a reason, of course."

"Care to share?"

"Yeah. There used to be a gnome settlement here. Look closely at that patch of grass; you'll see remnants of old buildings' foundations."

"Let me see... you're right."

Though completely obscured by grass, I discovered places where stone foundations were still present.

"Actually, I lived here when I was a child."

"Is that so?"

Even now, it's hard to tell if Leafan is a child or not. Among the demi-humans, especially earth dwarves, it's challenging to distinguish them from human children. Leafan, a half-breed like me, also seems ageless.

And I felt like I understood a little why a skilled earth dwarf like Leafan volunteered for this colonization.

I hesitated to ask for more reasons, seeing the somewhat lonely profile.

But undoubtedly, there's a desire to establish a new village in this place.

"Alright. Let's make a splendid village here."

"Yes!"

"Leafan, Craft, may I have a moment?"

It was Kyle-sama and Myrna accompanied by Alphard and Persia who approached.

"Oh, good morning, Kyle-sama."

"Yes, good morning."

Leafan greeted me, and I nodded in acknowledgment. Our camaraderie had grown considerably during this week's journey. Especially Kyle-sama, who often sought my advice, making me feel like he was a younger brother. The distance was tricky in the opposite direction.

"Firstly, thank you for your hard work in getting here so quickly. I appreciate Kyle-sama's efforts!"

"Yes, and not just the colonists, but the horses too."

In fact, I had tried adding the stamina potion the cook gave me to the horses' drinking water. Surprisingly, it worked wonders. The horses eagerly advanced, even in rough terrain, and by leaving a few horses pulling the cart with elderly and children, our speed became unusually fast.

"Since starting to drink Craft's potion, fatigue disappeared, and I feel rejuvenated. Myrna has been lively too."

"That's good to hear."

Using the newly acquired alchemical power to help someone felt unexpectedly rewarding.

Yes, if I can help someone with this power, I won't hesitate.

"So, what can I do for you, Kyle-sama?"

"Well, before we start working, Alphard suggested it would be good to address everyone."

"That sounds like a good idea. Everyone will be delighted if they hear words from Kyle-sama."

"Are you sure it won't be a bother?"

"Not at all. Everyone loves Kyle-sama."

Yes, during this journey, Kyle-sama helped with tasks like serving meals, showing a hardworking attitude that didn't fit a noble. His strong will to do something for everyone quickly captured everyone's hearts.

"I'll gather everyone. Craft, could you make a simple podium for me?"

"Yeah, sure thing. Leave it to me."

I stacked empty wooden boxes to create a makeshift podium. It was easy since I could summon it directly from [Spatial Storage].

"Um, Craft?"

"Hmm?"

Suddenly called from behind, I unintentionally responded with a casual attitude.

"Oh, excuse me, Kyle-sama."

"That's it."

"Huh?"

"I've been curious. I would appreciate it if you could be a bit more informal with me, Craft."

"N-No way! I can't do that!"

Your intimidating bodyguard behind you is glaring at me!

"Thanks to the stamina potion you gave me, I've been really saved. Not just as a benefactor but also as a former adventurer, you don't need to push yourself."

In my heart, I'm thinking of him like a younger brother, and saying it out loud made it even more awkward, right!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test