07 January 2024

Twilight Alchemist 3.1

Test

3.1. Trying It Out And Finding That It Works Well Is A Happy Thing, Isn't It?


"Good morning, Leafan-san."

"Good morning, Craft-kun! You can just call me casually, you know."

"Huh? But, you're going to be the guild leader of the pioneer village."

"It's fine, fine. Once we get there, we won't be the only guild members. I want you to feel at ease and treat us like friends."

"That makes sense. Nice to meet you again, Leafan."

"Yeah, yeah. I'm actually happy about it!"

Certainly, we'll be together for a long time, and it's more appreciated if we can do it casually.

"So, are we leaving right away?"

"Right now, we're in a hurry loading the luggage onto the carriage."

"Wow... Do twenty carriages really go? This is going to be tough."

"Since it's a pioneer journey, we have to bring everything we need."

"By the way, when I became the Twilight Alchemist, I gained the ability to use [Spatial Storage] magic."

The crest teaches the power one can use. It revealed my new ability.

"What!?"

"What the hell!?"

Not only Leafan but also the guild leader jumped out.

Come to think of it, I don't know his name.

"Wow! I was surprised! Where did the guild leader come from!?"

"Hey! Forget about the details! Is [Spatial Storage] really true!?"

"I've only tested it with my luggage so far, but I definitely remember it."

"So!? How much luggage can it store!?"

"We haven't tested that yet, but the crest whispers that it can store a considerable amount."

"Ohhh!"

[Spatial Storage] is a magic that has the potential to occur with any crest, but the occurrence itself is rare. 

It's quite a valuable magic. 

Honestly, just this alone makes rewriting the crest worthwhile.

"Please! I'll pay the fee, so store as much as you can, one after another!"

"Is it okay to test it while doing it?"

"Yeah! Then, first that!"

The guild leader pointed to a tightly packed cart with ropes securely fastening the load.

"Huh, starting with that?"

"Well, even though it's all packed together, that size and weight might be impossible."

"If we can store that, we could make a fortune with just [Spatial Storage]."

"Well, gradually instruct me on smaller sizes, and let's find out the maximum storage capacity."

"I see. It's perfect for testing."

Honestly, this size seems impossible, I thought as I activated [Spatial Storage] on the cart without resistance. 

The cart was easily stored in a different space.

"...Huh?"

"Huh?"

"Eeeeeeeh!?"

Due to the lack of any resistance, I hastily activated [Spatial Storage] again to confirm if I could take it out properly. 

The cart sat there as a matter of course without any resistance.

"Haaaah!?"

"No wayyyyy!?"

The guild leader and Leafan are surprised, but I'm surprised too. 

They were just too surprised, and I missed the timing to be surprised myself.

"A-amazing... I've never seen such a high-performance [Spatial Storage]... Maybe instead of going to the pioneer village..."

"Guild leader!"

"Whoa! S-sorry! I won't take Craft away!"

"Of course not! I won't let Craft-kun go!"

"Well, with this talented person sent in, the guild's stock will rise."

Hmm. Even if things don't go well as an alchemist, it seems like I could do a job as a porter. 

However, I don't really want a job that involves moving every day.

Oh, that's why there are few porters with [Spatial Storage]. I understand.

"Well, it's fine. Craft! Take care of this cart too! Hey, you there! Instead of dividing it up, pack as much as you can into a large wooden box!"

"Huh! Alright!"

The guild leader's swift instructions flew, and the luggage that had been piled up on the carriage was forcibly packed into large boxes and carts.

I stored them one by one in [Spatial Storage].

"A-amazing... Almost everything fits in..."

"Huh? Is that person going to the pioneer village with us?"

"How reassuring! I thought anyone sent by the guild to the pioneer village would be a problem child!"

It seems that the people who were helping with the packing were the ones moving to the pioneer village. 

They're called pioneers, I guess. Their intense gaze was strangely uncomfortable.

"Well, well. I paid a cancellation fee for most of the carriages to go back. Even though there's no work, I gave them twenty percent of the promised amount, and they were happy."

"As long as it doesn't become a way of taking away someone's job."

"For you, how about twenty percent of the amount we were planning to pay for the carriage rental?"

"Huh!? No, no! I don't need it for free since there was no trouble at all!"

I've been really taken care of with aptitude tests and rewriting the crest, so it's fine.

With a sharp look, the guild leader pulled me closer by the shoulder.

"Just take it. If it gets rumored that such a high-performance [Spatial Storage] user is taking jobs for free, it'll be troublesome later."

"Ah."

"You can't hide your abilities anymore. I was too careless as well."

"No, no! I'm surprised myself!"

"I'm relieved to hear you say that."

This performance with just [Spatial Storage]! 

I'm counting on you, alchemist's crest! 

In this way, I obtained a substantial amount of money, around 300,000 dots, without working for a month or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test