07 January 2024

Introverted Archer 15

Test

15. Rational Outcomes!


"Hey, Eimu-kun, what's going on?"

"... It's nothing. Just a simple case of extortion."

Perhaps that bespectacled guy who's bowing down—probably a first-year—is being demanded mercenary fees by a second-year. 

However, those second-years are doing it, without being asked. 

They likely pushed the conversation forcefully, and they probably haven't been useful as mercenaries at all.

However, avoiding trouble by paying compensation, such as money, is common in this academy. It's a survival strategy. 

I've witnessed scenes like this several times before. Since entering this academy as a weakling, you have to live in a way that avoids becoming a target.

Fortunately, I haven't attracted attention yet, so if possible, I'd like to continue avoiding it.

"I'll help."

Huh?

"Hina. What did you say?"

"Let's help! Bullying the weak is so uncool! Besides, even the person being bullied needs money!"

Yeah, I get it, Hina. Bullying is not okay.

"But we don't need to stick our necks into that. It's that student's problem, and meddling isn't rational."

"But, it's not okay for anyone to be extorted. It's not good for students from the same academy to engage in such transactions!"

Hina is really a good kid. Getting to know her, I understand why she has so many friends. 

Like this, she can be passionately indignant even toward a complete stranger.

"If you don't have enough, you can steal from your parents! Why can't you even do that!"

"I've already paid almost 100,000! If I do that..."

The moment the bespectacled student mumbled, the two upperclassmen pinned him down.

"If you don't have enough, we'll help you relieve stress. 1,000 yen per shortfall. That's 20 times, so it's 20,000 yen."

Receiving 1,000 yen per hit, huh? Maybe I should get punched too. 

Joking aside, given the difference in physique, that bespectacled student won't be able to endure 20 hits.

"If Eimu-kun won't go, I'll go! I can't stand that!"

I'm getting angry too. Hmm...

—Well, I guess it can't be helped.

"Hina, wait here. I'll handle it."

I say that and hide my presence with <Stealth>. 

<Stealth> is effective even against humans. 

If I were to attack, it would be different, but as long as that's not the case, they won't notice.

I step between the four quarreling individuals and discreetly swipe the wallet from the leader's pocket before returning to Hina.

"...Hey, did you see this guy's wallet? He might still be hiding it somewhere."

"Huh? The wallet? I gave it to you a while ago, didn't I?"

"No, I don't have it. I wouldn't lose it in such a short time..."

The 3 upperclassmen scan the area, but the wallet is nowhere to be found. 

Of course, it's in my hands.

"Hey, what did you do!? Did you hide it somewhere!?"

"N-no... I wouldn't do such a thing..."

"Tch, annoying. Let's go. You don't have money anyway, and dealing with you is just a waste of time."

"Yeah, you. Get it ready by next time!"

We can't be responsible for this bespectacled guy forever. So, helping is just for this time.

"Is this okay, Hina?"

"Thank you... But will that person be bullied forever?"

"No, I don't know."

I take out 3 more wallets from my pocket. The wallets of the upperclassmen who were bullying the 1st year earlier. 

I swiped them all.

"Take 10,000 yen from these wallets and return it to the bespectacled guy... As for the remaining three wallets..."

I use <Arrow Generation> to tie the wallets with arrows and shoot them toward the delinquents from earlier. 

Thanks to the anti-hitting effect of the bracelet I wore, they won't hit the guys. 

I made sure they would stick to the wall in front of them.

With this, unless they're extremely arrogant, they won't dare to bully again. The rest is up to him.

"...Eimu-kun, you're somehow kind, aren't you?"

"Hey, stop spreading the rumor that I'm kind."

"Sure, sure. Eimu-kun is rational, right?"

That's right. I am rational.

"Hey, Eimu-kun. While we're at it, can you help me with dungeon conquest after school?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test