07 January 2024

Introverted Archer 14

Test

14. Rational Bento!


The next day. After the fourth period ended, it was time for a lunch break. As I prepared my lunch, as usual, Hina lightly tapped my desk.

"Hey, Eimu-kun, what are you having for lunch today?"

"Hmm? Same as always."

I spread out the items from the convenience store bag on my desk. 

I had protein, multivitamin supplements, and nutritional jelly. That's my lunch.

"...Do you really eat this every time?"

"Yeah. Since meals are for getting nutrients, it's efficient to finish quickly and use break time to rest."

After I said that, Hina smiled a little, and then cleared her throat.

"Hey. If you don't mind, how about having lunch together?"

"I don't mind, but as you can see, I finish quickly."

"It's okay. I thought about that, so I made a bento for you!"

Hina's homemade bento?

Moving to the rooftop and sitting in a corner together, Hina quickly opened the bento wrap.

"Ta-da! Like this!"

Opening the lid revealed a variety of colorful ingredients packed tightly inside. 

She had tamagoyaki, fried chicken, shumai, and other staples.

"...Impressive. Did Hina make this?"

"It's mostly frozen food, but I cooked the tamagoyaki myself! Come on, eat, eat!"

Prompted, I picked up the tamagoyaki Hina made with chopsticks.

It was a beautiful yellow. 

The shape was also neat, and it stimulated my appetite. 

At the moment I was putting the tamagoyaki in my mouth and chewing.

"...!"

Delicious. Along with a soft texture, a sweet and savory taste spread in my mouth. The texture was incredibly smooth, showcasing the best qualities of the egg.

"This is incredibly delicious! Hina, you're good at cooking!"

"Really? I'm glad you like it. Eimu-kun, you always quickly finish alone, so I thought you should have something warm occasionally."

To wake up early and make such a delicious bento for me.

What a nice girl. 

Is it really okay for her to do all this for me? 

I can only occasionally help her with studies.

At that moment, a sound came from Hina's smartphone, and a notification appeared on the screen.

It was a notification from Brave Stream: "Mirai☆on air has started broadcasting".

"Mirai... that?"

"Huh, you know Mirai, Eimu-kun? That's a bit surprising."

"I watched a video just yesterday. Is she famous?"

"Yeah! Mirai-chan has skills as an adventurer, her broadcasts are popular, and she's a model too. She's an amazing person!"

I didn't know her just from watching a video yesterday, but apparently, she's quite impressive.

"I watched the archive of her last broadcast... too bad she couldn't defeat the Golem. But I think Mirai-chan will do it someday!"

"Speaking of which... about that Golem."

"Something wrong with the Golem?"

"I defeated it yesterday."

When I reported that, Hina choked on her food and started coughing.

"Eh!? Eimu-kun defeated the Golem!? By yourself!?"

I nodded, and Hina was even more astonished.

"Even when we went out together the other day... your stories are too unbelievable, Eimu-kun."

"Hard to believe?"

"No, I believe you. But maybe it's better not to tell this story to others. It might surprise them. I'll keep it a secret too."

"Thank you. I'm glad I could tell Hina."

Saying that, Hina smiled happily. Now, what should I eat next? Maybe the classic fried chicken.

"I'm sorry!!"

As I tried to continue eating, a loud voice came from nearby.

"W-what...?"

"Wait a minute. Let me sense from here."

I activated my <Observer> and sensed the entire rooftop. 

The source of the voice was quickly found.

"I'm sorry! But I can't give you any more!"

"Huh? You made us bodyguards, and now you're acting like this?"

The one crying and bowing deeply was a thin student. 

Like me, he seemed like the 'easily identifiable weak guy'.

And the three students he was bowing to were 2nd-year students, judging by the school year emblem on their uniforms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test