21 January 2024

Twilight Alchemist 16.2

Test

16.2. It's A Satisfying Feeling To See Something You've Nurtured Grow, Isn't It?


"This village was cultivated by everyone. Well, with more people joining and everyone contributing, my name doesn't really suit it."

"I don't think it doesn't suit, but if you're not fond of it, let's think of another name."

"Please."

"But, you were an adventurer, right? You have zero sense for that kind of thing. Persia, any ideas?"

"I have no opinion other than Kyle Village."

"...I see."

Well, this uptight guy doesn't seem helpful.

"Right. Myrna, anything?"

When I called out to Myrna, Kyle's twin sister, she blushed and muttered hesitantly.

"Craft... Village."

"Oh! That's good!"

"Rejected, rejected."

Why my name, though? At least make it something like Guildmaster Leafan Village.

When I rejected it, Myrna puffed up her cheeks a bit and turned away with a pout.

What should I do?

"It seems avoiding personal names might be a better idea."

"Yeah... you're right."

As we ran out of ideas and were wracking our brains, Leafon entered the room.

"Oh, Kyle-sama, welcome. Craft-kun, is something the matter?"

"No, just thinking about the name of the village."

I explained the situation, including the previous discussions.

"Hmm. How about Dusk Village?"

"Dusk? Does it mean twilight?"

"Yeah."

"It sounds kind of like a declining village. Is there a reason?"

"Well, sort of."

Leafan glanced at me. No, at the emblem floating on my left hand for a moment.

"See, that emblem is shining golden, and it's named the Twilight Alchemist, right? Since the power of that emblem played a big role in developing this village, how about Dusk, meaning twilight, for the village during the dusk?"

"Oh, I see! That makes sense!"

"Hmm, that was overlooked."

"No! Wait, wait! Something's not right!"

"It's not bad, but twilight does sound a bit ambiguous."

"Yeah, right!?"

"In that case, how about Dawn Village? It means the dawn."

"That works, with the meaning of a beginning. It suits the pioneering village!"

"Indeed, Kyle-sama."

While I initially thought of objects due to the association with the Twilight Emblem, I reconsidered, thinking that dawn, the beginning, isn't bad.

"Dawn Village, huh..."

"If you're told to choose a name other than Kyle Village, I agree with that one."

"You're consistent, too."

While he firmly recommends Kyle Village, I agree personally, but there's no way Kyle would accept it.

"I like it! Dawn Village! I think it's great!"

"...Hmm."

"So, Myrna seems to like it too."

Kyle patted his sister's head. Myrna blushed and let herself be petted shyly.

"Well then, it's decided. The name of this village is Golden Dawn Village!!"

"Oh!"

"Huh?"

"That sounds good!"

Hey, wait a minute. Where did "Golden" come from?

"It suits the radiant feeling of Kyle-sama!"

"No, no, wait!"

"Kyle-sama, you also have a knack for naming!"

"Yeah."

"When you're praised so much, it makes me embarrassed."

"As expected!"

"Hey, you guys! Where did 'Golden' come from? Someone object!"

"Well then, shall we announce it with this name?"

"Yeah, let's do that."

"Ignore us completely, huh!?"

"I'll summarize it in the official documents!"

"Yes! Please do!"

And so, I got ignored as if I didn't exist, and the name was decided as Golden Dawn Village.

"Because... I wanted it to be a name representing Craft-san."

"Did you say something?"

"Nothing at all!"

"Ignorant person, huh."

Persia, too! Why are you all like this?

Whatever the case, the name Golden Dawn Village quickly spread to nearby towns and villages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test