21 January 2024

Twilight Alchemist 16.1

Test

16.1. It's A Satisfying Feeling To See Something You've Nurtured Grow, Isn't It?


The pioneering village rapidly developed.

There were several reasons for this, but the primary one was the Adventurers' Guild.

it was a land where monsters frequently appeared.

For a moderately skilled adventurer party, it became an ideal hunting ground.

The reason it had been neglected until then was because it was a dangerous place without a base for long stays.

With the completion of a village of considerable size protected by defensive barriers, the problem was resolved.

But that's not all.

"Shirura-san! I need a Stamina Potion!"

"Same here!"

"Please sell Healing Potions too!"

"Yes, right away!"

The enchanting widow Seirra's shop was thriving again today.

They purchased various potions and weapons from the Production Guild and resold them. They sold like hotcakes.

"I'll take some Sharpness Oil!"

"Uh, sorry! Sharpness Oil is sold out!"

"Gah! You guys are buying too much, aren't you!?"

"We only buy what we need!"

"Damn it! I want a hardened sword soon!"

"I'm going Hydra hunting today. Want to team up with my party?"

"I'll do it if you share some Sharpness Oil."

"Deal."

This scene has been unfolding every morning lately.

Furthermore, the inn's occupancy rate exceeded 150%.

Three people staying in a two-person room is now the norm, and a new adventurer party, attracted by rumors, is likely to come to the village today.

They are currently expanding the inn at a rapid pace.

And the ones in charge of the expansion are the carpenters who recently moved to the village.

The lumberjacks and hunters have increased, and now the village has shops that deal not only with necessities but also with pleasures and delicacies, such as a skewer shop targeting those people.

Of course, with the increase in such establishments, the influx of traveling merchants has also risen.

Not only essential items but also luxury items, such as alcohol, are being traded, and the population is rapidly increasing.

The current problem is a shortage of housing.

Currently, they're managing somehow by lending out the tents used in the early days of colonization.

But with the increase in carpenters, it will get resolved soon.

To explain briefly, all the pioneers receive a meager salary, but it's guaranteed food and housing for a while.

In addition, various tax privileges were granted concerning business and hunting, so they didn't need to earn cash income immediately. 

However, conversely, since this is a preparation period, they need to establish a livelihood now.

From such a situation, the jobs of the early settlers were gradually getting determined, and now it is roughly resolved.

My recent work has been mostly related to the Commercial Guild, with delegated authority.

By the way, I received a considerable amount upfront.

It was the relocation expenses to the Production Guild, which became the last request from the Adventurers' Guild, and the dispatch expenses to the pioneering village.

Recently, I've also received some amount for the potions wholesaled to the Production Guild. 

On top of that, I'm also receiving a salary from the Production Guild.

Although there's nowhere to use it, and it keeps accumulating.

"Craft-san, can I have a moment for a consultation?"

Kyle, whom I haven't talked to much lately, came over.

"What is it?"

I brew tea for Kyle, Mina, and Persia.

Alphard is probably patrolling the village.

"Yes. Actually, I got asked to name the village soon."

"Wasn't there a name until now?"

"Yes..."

Seriously?

I had only been calling it vaguely the village or the pioneering village, but I didn't think it had no formal name.

"Until now, all attempts to settle in this area have failed, so if it succeeds, my father told me it would be good if you named it."

"I see. Makes sense."

If they've been failing consecutively, it would be a hassle to come up with a name each time.

"So, I came to consult if you have any good name ideas."

"How about Kyle Village?"

"Don't say the same thing as Alphard and Persia."

"I think it's easy to understand as an achievement, and everyone is grateful to you. I think they'd be happy, if anything."

At my words, Persia vigorously nodded her head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test