14 January 2024

Twilight Alchemist 10.1

Test

10.1. In Times Of Emergency, It's Important Not To Panic, Isn't It?


"[Water Generate]"

Recite the magic spell to create water in the prepared empty barrel.

If it were me from before, I would have struggled to fill a glass, maybe up to the height of one finger.

I'd rather forget being called the One-Finger Sorcerer.

"Hmm. Filling a barrel with just one spell... I'd want that for our army."

"I don't plan on joining the military."

Come to think of it, it's a bit late now, but in the flow of teasing Kyle, I casually started talking to his two companions.

Really late, but let's push through with it. Yeah.

If I were to seriously use water magic and claim I could fill a pond, I might be forcibly recruited into the army.

It was a good call to dig a well.

"..."

Myrna, who's peeking into the barrel with interest. She's shy, but it seems she's curious.

Is this what it's like if I had a younger sister?

"Step back a bit."

I insert the prepared herbs into the barrel.

Stir lightly with a long stick.

"Dressed in a robe, using a long stick, you look like an ancient witch."

"If I make an alchemical cauldron, it might actually look that way."

"What's that?"

"Well, don't worry about it."

I don't really understand it myself.

Using an alchemical cauldron supposedly increases the quality and quantity of the result. 

However, I'm not in any trouble, so I'll postpone it. 

I also lack the materials to make an alchemical cauldron.

"Alright... [Alchemy: Healing Potion]!"

With a puff, a particularly large smoke rises from the barrel, and the color of the water changes rapidly.

A transparent blue potion, like the sea, is complete.

"Is it already finished?"

"Yeah."

My magic power got taken, but it's not a problem for me now.

Maybe the magic power is restrained by the mage's emblem, and, in turn, it's trained and amplified? Like muscles.

If this were true, it might be a new training method. No, that's not good. 

If someone fights badly matched emblems can be life-threatening. I should keep it to myself in case someone recklessly tries it.

"Craft, is this also effective with just a spoonful?"

"Wait a moment, [Appraisal]... No, indeed, it seems it requires the same amount as a regular Healing Potion. About a small cup's worth. However, because of its quality, it can heal more severe injuries faster than the ones commonly available."

"That's amazing!"

Well, the quality is legendary, after all.

"Since this won't degrade easily, let's store it in the village warehouse and use it when there are injured people."

I'd like to test how much it heals, but unlike Stamina Potions, it's not easy to test.

"Yeah, there's nothing better than having no injuries at all."

"Yeah."

We can make various higher-tier potions, but currently, we lack the necessary materials.

Moreover, potions on the level of true legendary ones mentioned in stories won't get needed in the pioneer village.

"Put it in the warehouse and let everyone know they can use it freely."

"Yeah."

Persia offered to help carry the barrel, but I declined, mentioning the existence of spatial storage, and then, I noticed her chest and regretted it, just a little.

Just a little, okay?

On the way to the warehouse, I informed Leafan, who is constructing Kyle's mansion, about the Healing Potion.

"I made a potion that seems like it could become a hot commodity for the adventurer's guild."

"If there's an offer, I'd like to sell it normally."

"Let's put that on hold for now. I'm worried about the price and all."

"I understand. But using it in the village is fine, right?"

"It's a bit late to ask now."

Honestly, if it benefits this village, I have no intention of holding back.

"Explain it during dinner, alright?"

"Yes."

And so, for a while, I continued to hone my skills as an alchemist in this manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test