16 January 2024

Shop 31.1

Test

Chapter 31.1. Sizzling Cuisine In The Wilderness


In the morning, as I left the inn, I ran into Yaralai, the slender macho elf, dressed in Native American attire.

"Good morning. Are you headed somewhere?"

I raised a hand in greeting.

"Checking on commercial guild, hunting requests. Anything lucrative," he replied.

"Oh, I heard something like that. Is it profitable, though?"

"For me, it is."

Ah, so he's skilled.

"Akira, where are you going?"

Yaralai's voice lacked much intonation.

"For now, I'll grab breakfast while watching the sea. After that, it's the Veliero Trading Company."

"Trading company?"

"I'm temporarily employed by them for a limited period."

"I see."

"Well then."

I casually raised a hand and started moving. It was a high ground on the way to the usual lighthouse. Under the clear sky with not a single cloud, I intended to eat while overlooking the port. For some reason, Yaralai followed. When I sat down, he settled on a nearby rock.

"...What is it?"

"Breakfast. I want you to buy it if possible."

Ah, that's what he meant. Even though he didn't mention his ability, I knew Hagg was buying sandwiches from me.

"Is a sandwich okay?"

"...I'll leave it to you."

I purchased two tomato sandwiches and two pork cutlet sandwiches, handing one set to Yaralai. I received the exact amount of money, tossed it into a container via the bag, and my funds decreased a bit after paying for my share.

My remaining funds is 950,645 yen.

Huh, do you think the calculation is off? This is correct. You'll see it later.

I wanted to offer coffee, but pulling out hot water from a bag seemed suspicious, so I refrained. I didn't know the specifications of real-world cooking utensils.

"What's this?"

"Oh, pull here, and it opens. Take it out and eat. You can't eat the transparent thin skin."

"...This is Palpere sap... No, it's different."

Yaralai stared intently at the plastic, but I'll pick it up later, okay? I'll burn and process it. Oh, I'm not thinking about dioxins. Even if I burn a lifetime's worth of plastic, it won't affect this world. It's actually more dangerous if animals eat something similar to plastic directly than if I throw it away.

More importantly, I can't miss the information that sap can create something similar to plastic.

"Hey, what's Palpere?"

"A tree cherished by elves. Humans shouldn't touch it."

I see. If I can't get it, it doesn't matter.

Huh? Wait, if Yaralai judged it as Palpere, wouldn't I become an enemy of elves? This world is sometimes violent, so it wouldn't have been strange if I suddenly got turned into shurasco with that big estoc.

All misunderstandings have been cleared! I swear by Grandpa's name!

Yaralai took a bite of the tomato sandwich. He's as hearty as Hagg.

"Delicious."

"I'm glad."

"Sell me some again tomorrow."

"I don't mind."

We exchanged a few words while having breakfast. Both Yaralai and I ate quickly. During my dark salaryman days, I rarely had the luxury of leisurely meals.

When we finished eating, Yaralai took out a pipe.

"Oh, Yaralai indulges too?"

"Tobacco originated from elves."

"Is that so?"

He held the pipe and muttered something quietly, and a streak of purple smoke rose from the pipe's tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test