16 January 2024

Shop 30

Test

Chapter 30. Lone Sumo In The Wilderness


It seems I've gotten used to the climate in this region, and my condition has improved considerably. 

The optimal sleep duration has settled at around 5 to 6 hours. 

Having become accustomed to the madness of corporate life, my body rejects the idea of an 8-hour sleep. 

Of course, it was different when I was wandering in the wilderness.

With basic transportation limited to walking, it feels like my muscles are growing day by day. Still, I might lose to the little girl Narnia. 

Well, she's not exactly a little girl at 12. If she asked, I'd probably get kicked.

Putting that aside, my sleep has returned to its natural rhythm, granting me a considerable amount of alone time at night. During these nights, my thoughts have been occupied by Cherina.

Yes, someone just imagined a romantic scenario. Not at all. What I was contemplating was the attitude of Baron Kimo. 

Initially, I thought it was a business dinner extending our negotiations. However, it seems to be more of a personal conversation, specifically about Baron Kimo having feelings for Cherina.

What I don't understand is why he took me to that dinner. If it was for pest control, Melvin, a close associate of the company, would have sufficed. 

There's no point in a suspicious stranger like me going, especially as a bug repellent.

From a strategic standpoint, it might be advantageous for the company if a Baron of this country, or someone of his standing, could be tied in matrimony. However, with that face, more women are likely to plead for forgiveness.

It's pitiable, but...

Thinking about it, the influential figures of the company want to push this story forward, while Cherina wants to break off the engagement. Hence, they used me as a bug repellent.

It makes sense.

What I can't figure out is why Cherina, a woman of her caliber, thought I could break off the engagement. 

Well, maybe I was the only option by process of elimination.

Pig King clearly intended to use his authority, looking down on people and intending to seize Cherina. That's why I felt compelled to help her. However, after talking to Baron Kimo, he doesn't seem to be a bad guy.

That creepiness is hard to ignore, but it's not a reason to interfere with his advances.

If she seeks my help, I'm willing to lend a hand. But she says nothing. Honestly, I'm not a man who can read the air. If she doesn't tell me clearly, I can't act.

So, let's confirm it.

I resolve the first issue in this manner. It's no different from sleeping if I think too much.

Now, the next one.

The country's export products.

I suggested "paper" as an idea, but it feels weak. 

Of course, if we can mass-produce it, it will become a significant industry. 

Cherina's Veliero Company involved in maritime trade could transport large quantities.

Still, there's a slight concern about transporting moisture-sensitive paper on this world's sailing ships. 

That's not my concern, though. 

I don't know about sailing ships at all. 

Maybe they know a good waterproofing method.

If a country with no resources can export, it would probably be a technological competition. 

I aimed for that with the mentioned "paper".

With the backing of the powerful Velliero Company, another surefire export product is needed. 

And preferably, something that can be produced quickly.

Paper. Well, wood is abundant. There's clay. No food. There's fish and salt.

Wood? Hmm?

How about charcoal?

From what I glimpsed at Lizard Tail Inn's kitchen, it seemed they were using firewood. Smoke billowed up, and sometimes the chimney couldn't handle it all, leaking into the dining hall.

In the evening, smoke rises from all over town, either for dinner preparations or heating.

It might simply be that charcoal is expensive, but there seems to be a demand.

Even if it doesn't sell well, it can be used as a moisture absorber during paper exports.

If it's a charcoal kiln, it should be quick to make as long as I can produce a book.

People in this world seem adept at handling fire. I should propose it right away.

That settles the second item.

Now, the last matter.

This is not about business but might become an unnecessary concern.

I brainstormed ideas all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test