16 January 2024

Shop 31.2

Test

Chapter 31.2. Sizzling Cuisine In The Wilderness


"Hey, what did you just do?"

"Spiritual magic. I'm not very skilled at it. I used it to create a fire in a nearby house. Since spirits were close, it worked well."

It's not clear to me.

"So, is that magic... or some kind of spiritual technique?"

"It's different from human magic, separate from aerial principles. Only elves can use spiritual magic."

I understand nothing.

Well, it must be a type of technique. From my perspective, it's all a mysterious phenomenon.

"Since you're here, light one up for me too."

With a cigarette in my mouth, he ignited a flame for me using the same technique.

"That's convenient."

"Spirits are capricious; there are times when they won't lend their power."

"It lacks certainty, but creating thermal energy out of nothing, considering the law of energy conservation is amazing."

"..."

He furrowed his brows in silence. It seems my point didn't get across. Cleaning aerial tools

Cucumber

I wonder what kind of energy it uses.

"Akira-sama? Good morning."

As we both exhaled purple smoke, we were greeted from behind again this morning.

"Hey."

"...I'm leaving."

Yaralai nodded to Cherina and walked away.

"That was an elf just now."

"We're staying at the same inn; we happened to become acquainted."

"Perhaps he is Yaralai of <Black Needle>?"

"You know about it?"

"If you're well-informed, it's at that level, reasonably famous."

"Oh, what kind of guy is he?"

"He's an eccentric elf, a relic of the ancient Deep Forest Elves. Instead of using a bow and spiritual magic, he travels around various countries with a pitch-black estoc that surpasses his own height... something like that."

"Oh, so that wicked iron needle isn't ordinary after all."

I'm afraid of weapons thicker than iron pipes.

"It's said that most elf warriors use bows and spirits. They also prefer light weapons like sabers and rapiers for close combat. But even before that, elves themselves rarely venture into human territory."

"I see. He's quite the odd one."

"Recently, in the commercial guild, there was talk about a lone elf hunting Hugle Buffalo. It quickly became known that it was Yaralai-sama."

"Hmm..."

Hagg, Yaralai, Cherina, Pig King, Baron Creepy. Everyone around me is eccentric.

"Oh, speaking of which, Cherina."

"Yes?"

"What's your relationship with the baron? And what do you want from me?"

Cherina, who had a gentle expression until then, stiffened.

"I'm a tactless guy. I don't understand other people's feelings at all. I want to act based on your feelings, but I can't do that. So, I'll ask. What do you want from me?"

Cherina's body didn't move at all.

I was worried that time had frozen, but her crimson hair swayed smoothly in the sea breeze, so it didn't seem like she froze for some mystical reason.

Long silence.

I waited patiently without averting my gaze.

I might not understand the atmosphere, but I know this isn't a scene to be left alone. I understand that much.

"Um, I want to form a business connection with the Baron. However, his Excellency the Baron is not interested in business and only shows interest in me."

She sighed once.

"I, or rather, the Valiero Trading Company, isn't interested in titles. What we need isn't power... although the various tax exemptions and monopolies given to the Baron are quite attractive."

I crossed my arms and urged her to continue.

"I've proposed business discussions several times, but it's always been a push on a closed door. I don't think further discussion would be constructive."

She stopped talking there, but seeing that I was encouraging her with my gaze, she continued with a puzzled expression.

"Anyway, for me, there seems to be no meaning in getting involved with the Baron anymore..."

I chewed on her words with my arms crossed.

"Hey, where are your feelings in all this?"

"Huh? I... I want to conclude the discussion and..."

"No, that's not it. What I'm asking is whether you like or dislike the Baron. Start from there."

"...Eh?"

She was surprised after a brief pause.

"Feelings... mine?"

"I finally got through. In other words, because your own feelings aren't clear, your actions aren't organized either. First, clarify your feelings."

Cherina widened her crimson eyes in astonishment. She probably realized it after being told.

Another long silence.

This time, she looked down, paced back and forth briefly, shook her head, and seemed unsettled. So, I decided to wait while smoking a cigarette.

Exactly when she finished everything, she stood in front of me.

Since I was already sitting, I looked up. Her large chest was an eyesore.

"I have no intention of being involved romantically with the Baron. However, I would like to get along well as merchants."

"That settles it."

I stood up, threw the cigarette on the ground, and stomped it out.

"A vague attitude is bad for both parties. I'll make it clear soon."

Without waiting for Cherina's response, I started walking towards the trading company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test