14 January 2024

Shop 29.1

Test

Chapter 29.1. Arabian Nights In The Wilderness


More of a mansion in the desert, Arabian Nights style, it was a luxurious residence with a strong Middle Eastern impression. 

Although it was likely made of adobe bricks, it seemed to be painted with white, creating a seamless white-walled base. 

Surprisingly, its location was in the city, next to the royal castle. 

To the west of the royal castle was a noble district or a high-end area. 

Passing through that, it led to the Whale Pavilion's main street that stretched north and south.

There was a fountain in front of the entrance, surrounded by shrubs. 

Well, with proper water management, even plants could thrive. 

If they studied agriculture, they might find suitable crops for this land. 

According to the words the prime minister let slip when the Pig King came, it seemed they couldn't even grow potatoes properly.

They should sacrifice a bit more for the sake of the citizens. 

By now, the Pig King is probably soaking in a bath of potato butter. 

Disgusting.

"...This is an amazing mansion."

"Baron Lettel may have the title of a baron, but he's a wealthy man. He imports various items that cannot be obtained in this country. In this country, houses with fountains, excluding the royal castle, are probably only owned by Baron Lettel."

Hmm. Even in modern times, in wealthy desert countries, having a pool or an aquarium is a status symbol, right?

That kind of thinking seems to be universal.

But wait, was the title of a baron that prestigious?

We're descending from the carriage, it's scary to be taken straight inside like this. 

However, there's still something I can't accept.

"Why do I have to come here too..."

I muttered, hoping the surrounding servants (probably maids in matching ethnic costumes) wouldn't hear me.

Cherina, instead of her usual chained attire, wore a red dress.

"You are a consultant, so it's only natural. Please don't make me repeat myself."

"If it's not a business negotiation, then it's irrelevant, isn't it?"

"Building a team is also part of the job. If it's work, Akira-sama can't refuse, right?"

What a lame excuse, Princess, or should I say, Witch. Yeah.

"Just give up already..."

While having such a conversation, we were guided into the building and further into its depths. I feel completely out of place. 

The suit is too hot.

At the end, there was an unusually large vertical door. 

It probably took this shape because the ceiling is ridiculously high. 

Two servants exerted all their strength to open it.

I think they could've avoided making such an inconvenient door.

The inside was basically a stone-built room, but intricate carvings adorned it, and candles and shining iron pillars cleverly created shadows, giving off an air of dignity and solemnity.

Could the fluorescent light illuminating the room come from those iron pillars? 

It emitted a bluish-white light resembling fluorescent colors.

Although I forcibly got brought here, it's not bad seeing something unusual.

It would be great if I could leave right away...

Of course, my small wish didn't come true, and we were led into a luxurious vertical room.

"Oh! I've been waiting for you! Still as beautiful as ever!"

Huh?

The person who stood up with arms wide open was a terribly creepy-faced fat guy. 

To explain how creepy, if you think of a grotesque otaku face exaggerated in adult manga, that might give you an idea. 

He's disgustingly creepy, to the point of being physiologically repulsive.

(Hey! Isn't the way that creepy fat guy talks strange? It's gross!)

(I can hear you. It's just a bit unique. Though it's indeed disturbing.)

Exactly!

Could it be that he's the Baron...?

The creepy fat guy doesn't seem that old, probably in his 20s. 

But he's overall chubby. 

Compared to the Pig King, he's much better, but the physiological disgust is off the charts!

His face is covered in acne, and oily, and his skin is rough, with fat clinging like mud to his cheeks and chin. 

The skin color is blotchy, and it looks like a poorly done woodwork.

Come to think of it, the Pig King's face wasn't that bad. 

I overlooked it because his body and personality were too pig-like to notice.

"Long time no see, Baron Lettel."

Cherina lightly shook her red hair and exchanged a courteous greeting.

So, he is indeed the Baron.

"Oh, oh! I've been waiting for you! I'm satisfied that you've come. I've prepared a feast, so please take your time."

Oh no, I feel dizzy.

Among the people I've encountered, this guy ranks as one of the top in terms of creepiness. 

By the way, he's not number one. 

There was someone unbelievably worse in my boss series. That guy deserves to explode!

Baron Creep approached to take Cherina's hand to lead her to the table, and finally noticed me standing beside her.

"What's up, underling? You can go home now."

"Then, if you'll excuse me."

I tried to use that as an excuse to turn around, but immediately my neck was grabbed from behind.

My neck is going to break! This damn woman!

"Let me introduce him; he's Akira, my personal consultant. He's a very capable person."

"Hmm. A consultant, huh?"

His way of speaking is too weird; my sales smile is about to distort. Someone help.

"I'm Akira. Nice to meet you."

Spitting out the standard phrase is all I can manage. More than that, let me go home.

"I'm going to have a meal with my girlfriend now, so I don't need a consultant."

Yeah, right.

"Please, let him join us."

"Along with this underling?"

"Oh, I apologize for my rudeness. It's difficult to suddenly add another meal. Even for a great person like Baron-sama."

This amateur is really...!

"Ah, it's fine! I can prepare a meal for one more person! Someone! Add another dinner portion!"

I wish they couldn't prepare it.

And so, the feast began.

――――

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test