17 January 2024

Musou Slime 29

Test

29. I Got Expelled From The Adventurer's Guild


"What's going on, Sierra-san!"

"Sorry, I don't really understand either... I was told that first thing in the morning."

The three of us, Raize, Sierra-san, and I gathered on a bench near the guild to discuss the situation. Sierra-san, who usually smiles brightly, had an apologetic expression today.

The incident began when Raize and I tried to enter the guild in the morning. 

Apparently, we had been stripped of our qualifications as adventurers and banned from entering.

I want to make it clear. We haven't done anything wrong. Despite being innocent, we're getting treated like this.

Sierra-san also seems to be clueless about the reason. She was suddenly informed by the Guild Master.

"Well, it's undoubtedly Dan's doing."

Raize asserted. I had been thinking the same thing.

"Dan's full name is Dan Orteze. In other words, the son of a lord. If he decides, he can manipulate the Adventurer's Guild with his influence."

Such a cowardly guy, Raize said in frustration, kicking the ground.

The meaning behind Dan's statement yesterday, "Make sure not to regret it.", was probably this. He threatened us with his own power.

"Al-kun, I'm really sorry. I don't seem to be able to do anything..."

"Sierra-san is not at fault. All the blame lies with Dan."

But it's troubling. I never expected him to come after us so seriously.

"Just so you know, the Orteze family is the power in this town. 

They can easily target those who oppose them. Sierra-san is just an office worker, and we can't expose her to danger."

Life. Raize and I can still fight as adventurers, but Sierra-san is just a desk worker. We can't risk her safety.

"Sierra-san, please stay away from us for now. We'll figure something out."

"But..."

"I don't want anything to happen to you, Sierra-san. We'll be fine."

"...Yeah, you're right. Thank you. If there's anything I can do, please let me know."

Sierra-san bowed to us and went back to the guild.

"So, what do we do?"

"What do we do? Our adventurer registration has been revoked, so we can't take quests, fight monsters, or sell dropped items."

The guild is a huge organization, close yet so vast. 

It oversees quests for adventurers and allocates jobs. 

Such a thing wouldn't be possible without that scale.

In other words, we're practically stuck. 

There's nothing we can do.

"Alkus, come stay at my place. I'm technically a noble. It's safer in my spacious mansion."

"No, it's fine. If we place slimes around the inn, we'll notice if enemies come."

"I told you to come and stay!! Ugh, why is this so tough..."

Tough? What are they talking about?

"Raize, your family is noble, right? Can't something be done?"

"Unfortunately, no. We're nothing compared to Dan's family. That's why my parents are so desperate to marry me and Dan."

Nobles also have their own circumstances. I don't really understand.

"Alcus, how much savings do you have? We won't be able to earn as adventurers for a while, right?"

"...About 1.2 million gil, roughly. I earned quite a bit from recent adventures, so there should be a fair amount left."

If there's about 10,000 gil a day, we can live comfortably. 

But, eventually, the funds will run short.

"Maybe you should just live with us, Alcus. I'm also technically a noble. I could hire you as my butler, you know?"

"Why are you so eager to bring me into your home?"

"W-well... you see, even someone like you is technically a party member. It would be troublesome if you starved to death or something, right?"

For some reason, Raize flapped her hands and explained awkwardly.

Anyway, it seems like we can't go back to being adventurers. 

Despite deciding to become stronger, things were going so smoothly.

But I don't want to pander to someone like Dan.

 I'll accept it for the sake of honor.

"Uwaaaaah!!!"

At that moment, a scream rang out nearby.

"What's that!?"

We ran towards the direction of the scream.

There, we found a rugged adventurer sitting on the ground.

"What happened!?"

"Ah, that..."

The adventurer, still shaken, pointed in a direction. We followed his gaze.

And we were astonished. 

What we saw there was a humanoid monster taller than the guild building.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test