17 January 2024

Introverted Archer 28

Test

28. Rational Match Conclusion!


"Hey, doesn't something seem off? That Mashita guy seems to be falling too much..."

"Hey, there's a hole in his armor! How flashy does he need to fall!"

"...No, why would there be a hole in the front when he's fallen on his back? Something's definitely not right."

"More importantly, Hoshikake-san is so cute. I'm definitely going to knock out that introvert!"

Amidst the voices of the spectators, Mashita stands up again. The voices are half-questioning, half-cheering.

"Why are you using some dirty trick!? Reveal your trick!"

"Are you still saying that? I'm just shooting arrows."

"Don't talk nonsense! I've never seen or heard of such a skill! What are you going to say if you weren't cheating!?"

First, defective armor, and now, am I cheating? This guy is really something.

Mashita is losing it. Perhaps he genuinely thought he could win. 

Maybe he was confident that I would either run away or surrender miserably.

"If you'll say that much, why don't you use your skill? You haven't attacked once."

"Fine! I'm coming to you! <Giga Crusher>!!"

Coming at me. but I attacked first. Well, either way.

This attack is going to hit Magushita.

"<Repel Arrow>."

A massive hammer swings down. In response, I shoot an arrow with no motion, and it collides in an upper trajectory.

Then, the arrow that hit the side of the hammer rebounds and directly strikes Magushita's abdomen.

"Ugh!!"

Mashita's hammer dances in the air. Simultaneously, he rolls on the stage, now falling face down.

"<Repel Arrow>. It's a skill that reflects the opponent's attack back at them. I manifested this one too."

"The damage you just received is the same as the power of the attack you made. Did you ever imagine that your own attack would come back to you?"

Mashita didn't understand. 

He didn't realize that the violence he displayed, the punches he threw, would eventually come back to him.

I don't have any personal grudge or direct attack from him, but among the students who were lynched and exposed, there must be flames of anger.

Magushita was too oblivious to that. 

That's why he acted like a tyrant and ended up hitting me.

"Now, Magushita. Can you understand what I'm saying from here on?"

"S-stop! Don't come!"

"Think about what you would say if you were in my position."

"-Round 2...?"

I laughed. It was because I was happy to hear the right answer from Mashita.

"Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!"

After that, the signal for the end was given by the teacher about a minute later.

Mashita completely losing his fighting spirit, huddled down, desperately protecting himself from my attacks.

As for me, I kicked him relentlessly until he surrendered. 

Of course, I made sure not to break any bones; it would make kneeling difficult.

The students watching the match were dumbfounded. 

A popular streamer, who had dominated other students, was now in this situation.

By the way, after surrendering, Mashita, still grumbling, was taken away by the teacher. 

Whether he was reflecting or not is debatable.

Anyway, the first periodic exam ended—with my victory.

"Congratulations, Eimu-kun!"

"Well, it's nothing special."

I returned to my seat next to Hina and opened the status window.


――

Kageyama Eimu Level 20

Blessing: [Sure Hit]

Job: Archer

Skills:

<Observer> <Observation Eye> <Arrow Generation> <Trap Creation> <Healing> <Dual Attribute Bestowal> <Substitution> <Stealth> <Triple Shot> <Penetration> <Arrow Enhancement> <Materialization> <Constant Speed>

――


I'm already at level 20, huh? With a level this high, I could have fought ordinarily, but it was good practice against the magic tongue, so it's fine.

After that, Hina's match also ended safely, and the after-school hours arrived.

"Sigh, for now, it's a settled matter."

While heading home, I felt a little more at ease than usual.

The test period is over. The written exams went reasonably well, and I can take a break from thinking about tests for a while.

I managed to defeat the magic tongue, and everything was resolved! There's nothing I forgot, nothing at all!

Wait, did everything really end? It feels like I'm forgetting something.

At that moment of thought, the ringtone started on my smartphone.

"Someone calling me? Well, who would!?"

That's right! There was something I forgot to do! I pressed the answer button and put the smartphone screen to my ear!

"Hello, Eimu? You're slow to respond! Reply right away when you see it!"

From the other side of the smartphone screen, I heard Mirei's loud voice.

Come to think of it, I exchanged contact information with Mirei before. It doesn't really matter since I haven't opened the app afterward.

"S-Sorry! I didn't see it!"

"Really? Well, it doesn't matter. The promise is for tomorrow! You haven't forgotten, right?"

"O-Of course not! A rational person like me wouldn't forget a promise, right?"

Saying that, I had actually completely forgotten.

The day I first met Mirei, we had a competition to see who could defeat the Golden Slime first.

And, the promise to go on a date with Mirei after the tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test