03 January 2024

Musou Slime 19

Test

19. I Went To The Dungeon, You Know


Back in town, as usual, I headed to the guild. The purpose, of course, was to exchange items for cash.

"Hey, Ar-kun, good job. Just finished for the day?"

"Yes, Sierra-san, you too, thank you."

Sierra was wiping the table. Her slender proportions made her look beautiful no matter what she was doing.

"What quest did you tackle today? Goblin extermination or something?"

"No, I went to the dungeon."

The moment I said it, I regretted saying too much. Sierra-san's movements froze like ice, and she suddenly grabbed my shoulder.

"What were you thinking?! Are you injured?! Did you die!?"

"No, please calm down! Besides, if I were dead, I wouldn't have made it here!"

"I see, thank goodness..."

After sighing in relief, Sierra-san hugged me.

What is she doing!?

Our bodies pressed together. Sierra-san's slender arms wrapped around my waist. At the same time, a soft sensation overwhelmed me.

"I told you not to go to the dungeon! Why did you do such a thing!"

"Haha... I'm sorry."

"Fool. Reflect on it."

Sierra-san gave me a flick on the forehead. After making a slightly sullen expression, she walked to the usual reception area.

"I was really worried. Promise not to do anything reckless again, okay?"

I'm not really being reckless, though. Sierra-san doesn't believe I've become stronger, so it probably looks like I'm taking dangerous risks.

Sierra-san sat across the counter, broaching the main topic.

"If you went into the dungeon, does that mean no quest completion report, and you came to deliver items?"

"Yes, and this time it's a bit large."

"Large? It doesn't seem that bulky from what I can see."

"No, it's all in here."

I generated a storage slime on my shoulder. A pitch-black hole appeared in the space, and the items I collected tumbled out like an avalanche.

Among them was an Iron Heart the size of a balance ball. As it hit the floor, an unpleasant sound echoed.

"Wa-wait a moment!?"

Oh no, I dropped items like this. If I drop something this big, the floor might give way.

"Why are you using <Storage>, Ar-kun!? Is it a magic item!?"

"No, it's not. I just learned it recently."

"That's strange! And this Iron Heart, it's a high-level item. You can't get it without considerable skill!"

Sierra-san was now in a panic.

I need to explain properly soon. With this much evidence in front of her, Sierra-san should believe me.

"Sierra-san, I want you to believe what I'm about to say..."

I explained the events that led to this point.

That <Slime> was a skill that increased experience efficiency. The abnormal pace at which my skill evolved. My level rose from 4 to 17 in just a few days.

Sierra listened attentively. At the end of my story, she nodded deeply.

"I see. It's hard to believe all of a sudden, but it might not be an impossible story."

"What's bothering you so much?"

"To be honest, everything is strange... But, in the first place, skills don't normally evolve."

I thought the same until my skill evolved. There were no stories of <Strong Arm> or the slimes' <Storage> changing.

For example, <Strong Arm> always increased strength by 50%, and <Storage>, while there might be some individual differences in inventory size, the numbers remained constant from birth to death.

Strength can't increase by 100% or for the number of items that can be stored to increase with level up.

"And the fact that you went up 11 levels in 3 days is already... that's not just a guild record, it's a world record..."

"You still can't believe me?"

"No, I believe you. I always felt that Ar-kun was not just an ordinary person. It's just now sinking in."

Sierra-san sighed and muttered to herself, "It's completely beyond the norm..." Nevertheless, it seemed she believed me.

"I understand that you've become stronger, Ar-kun. But, that doesn't mean you should be reckless, okay?"

"Got it, I promise."

"Okay, then. I'll cash in those items, so help me carry them."

Sierra didn't change her attitude towards me. She's consistently been kind and trusting, even when I was weak.

It's good that I confessed. Now, I might be able to consult with Sierra about my skills.

As we stood up to carry the Iron Heart together, Sierra-san focused on my waist.

"Hey, Ar-kun, did you buy that sword recently?"

"Yes, this is quite a good sword—"

Snap!

It happened the moment I drew the sword from the hilt. A nasty sound emanated from the blade, and a crack appeared.

""Ah!""

By the time I noticed, it was already too late. 

The sword broke cleanly from the base and stuck into the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test