03 January 2024

Introverted Archer 10

Test

10. Rational Power-up!


The next day. At that moment, executing the stealthy bow and arrow tactics in the dungeon as usual.

"Hmm...? Is that a dropped item?"

Sometimes, when defeating monsters, they drop items. These are known as drop items.

Among these drop items, the rare ones are called rare drops, and I can trade them at high prices.

This time, it was a bracelet.

"It seems like a rare drop because I've never seen it before, but how do you use it?"


――

Wristlet of Exorcism 

Rarity: Rare

When worn, the attacks of the wearer with this bracelet only hit monsters.

――


Hmm? Doesn't this effect seem almost meaningless? It's not a mistake in my <Observation Eye>.

Well, even if it's not useful, I can sell it, and it's good to have it in possession.

More importantly, it's time to level up. Finally found the staircase leading to the 8th floor, and today, I can hunt even stronger enemies than before!

Activating <Sixth Sense> as usual to pinpoint the monsters' locations... Oh, there they are.

"Sorry for the suddenness, but be the source of my growth!"

Just to be sure, I'll shoot two arrows. A few seconds later, the second arrow hits, and the monster breathes its last.

It seems I can manage to defeat 8th-floor monsters with just two arrows.

However, it's a bit of a hassle to shoot two arrows to bring down one enemy.

I've been growing smoothly so far, but as the enemies get stronger. So my level-up efficiency will gradually be decreased.

I need to find a way to break through this.


――

You have reached level 11.

Learned the skill <Triple>.

――


Oh, my level went up. What's the skill I acquired this time?


――

<Triple>

At the moment of releasing an arrow, it splits into three arrows.

However, the trajectories of all three arrows become independent, and the arrows other than the original disappear when they come to a stop.

――


Oh, this skill seems to have quite a peculiar trait again. 

At first glance, it appears to triple the attack power.

But since the trajectories of arrows other than the original change, it might just be deceiving. 

Moreover, those additional arrows vanish, making them useless for replenishment. 

I don't quite see the merit in using this skill.

For anyone else but me, that is.

"With [Sure Hit], even if the trajectory changes, it'll definitely hit, right?"

That means for me, it's a 3x attack power buff! This skill is handy when my firepower hits a wall!

"All right, let's give it a try!"

I aim my bow at a nearby monster and draw it with all my might. Two arrows get duplicated next to the set arrow.

"Let's call it... Triple Arrow!"

As I release the three arrows, it becomes evident that the monster succumbs a moment later.

"All right! I can now defeat 8th-floor monsters in a single blow!"

Irresistible. 

The pleasure of monsters falling with each pull of the bowstring.

Above all, the superiority of defeating formidable enemies with a seemingly insignificant skill becomes overwhelming without [Sure Hit].

I proceed to crush more 8th-floor monsters.

My hand drawing the bowstring only stops when I find the staircase leading to the 9th floor after a while.

"9th floor... Honestly, I still don't feel like losing at all."

Activating <Sixth Sense> towards the 9th floor, I sense the presence of monsters one step stronger than those below.

If I were to fight these guys, it'd be an instant death in one miss. 

I'm starting to get a bit more composed.

However, being strong also means the efficiency of leveling up is good. Retreating here isn't rational.

"...That being said, a frontal assault is scary, so maybe I'll observe with bow tactics from here."

I shoot arrows towards the 9th-floor monsters from the top of the staircase.

The three arrows hit the monster directly, but it's still not deprived of life. Alright, one more time!


――

You have reached level 12.

Learned the skill <Penetration>.

――


Oh, it looks like that did the trick just now. Another level up.

Let's see, the newly acquired skill is.


――

<Penetration>

Arrows that pierce through enemies now penetrate the enemy's body.

――



What's this? In essence, it means the arrows that got stuck in the enemy's body can now penetrate through.

I can't imagine any use for it.

Wait a moment.

"If I combine this with [Sure Hit], wouldn't it be incredibly powerful?"

I decided to test it and draw the bow again, releasing the arrow. This time, I want to see the trajectory of the arrow.

As the arrow gets released from my hand, it descends to the lower level, continues straight, and turns corners. Upon reaching the position of the target monster, the arrowhead pierces the monster's body. The crucial part comes next.

Once the arrow penetrates the monster's body, it turns around and attacks the monster again, thanks to the effect of [Sure Hit].

"As I thought... arrows that penetrate the monster's body go back towards the monster with the effect of [Sure Shot]."

It's not as powerful as the first strike. It's a double hit.

With the arrows tripling and an additional 2nd hit. 

Perhaps, did I become 5-6 times stronger just for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test