03 January 2024

Introverted Archer 11

Test

11. Rational Formidable Foe!


"I feel like I can easily handle any enemy right now!"

I shoot arrows relentlessly toward the lower levels.

"Ora ora ora ora!"

Even after descending the stairs, I continue firing. 

The dungeon floor quickly becomes littered with dropped items.

As I walk, picking up items, I unexpectedly come across stairs leading to the 10th floor.

"W-Wow... I found it already..."

Just a moment ago, I was scared of the monsters on the 9th floor, and now the 10th floor is right in front of me.

I'd like to keep pushing forward, but it's my good point not to get carried away.

 I never neglect my <Sixth Sense> towards the lower levels.

"Hmm... W-What is this!?"

Having seen the 10th floor, I couldn't help but be surprised.

The monsters on the 10th floor emit an unprecedented, tremendous presence.

It feels as if the presence of previous monsters is suddenly insignificant. Even though I haven't seen the actual thing yet, my heart is pounding.

The size is three meters... no, it might be even more. 

Humanoid, muscular... rather, the body seems to be made of minerals.

This is definitely a level where even a fool would stop. 

The difference in caliber from the enemies so far is overwhelming. In gaming terms, it's a boss-level.

Unless there's a well-prepared safety measure, it's better not to fight.

"Well, I'm safe, so I'll go for it anyway!"

From the stairs of the 9th floor, I shoot arrows downwards.

Fortunately, there seems to be no other presence on the 10th floor except for this one. 

So, I can attack this one without any worries.

Three arrows penetrate the enemy's body, and I land the second shot. The combo that would instantly kill monsters until now...

"...It's not working at all!?"

The presence of the enemy monster doesn't disappear. 

There might be some damage, but it's still extraordinary.

"Not yet!"

Hitting once or twice won't cause significant damage. 

In that case, I'll just keep shooting!

I shoot arrows continuously. When the fifth attack pierces the enemy's knee.

Dogoogoo!

"W-Wait, is it an earthquake!?"

No! The monster just kneeled. How can this impact be so intense just from that!?

However, I can see a chance of victory. Damage is steadily accumulating. If I just keep shooting like this...!

"Whether the arrows run out first or you die first, it's a showdown!"

Taking out all the arrows I have, I shoot one after another towards the monster.

Since the monster's posture is already collapsing, the arrows flutter aimlessly around its upper body.

However, the arrows are not knocked down by the monster, but rather steadily pierce through its body.

Certainly, I felt a response when I tried to create the fourth arrow with <Arrow Generation>. The monster collapsed on both knees, placed both hands on the ground, and began to writhe.

I can do it...! 

I'll push through like this!

Finally, I put my hands on the 10th arrow with <Arrow Generation>.

"This is the last one!"

With a feeling akin to prayer, I shoot the arrow towards the 10th floor.

Cutting through the air like a swallow, the arrow advances. 

The final blow pierces the monster's forehead—

"Guaaaahhh!"

And it becomes the finishing blow.

After the resounding tremors, a sound like an explosion seems to come from below.


――

You have reached level 14.

The skill <Sixth Sense> has transformed into <Observer>.

――



"... I won, right?"

I won. The evidence is the sudden increase of 2 levels.

However, the impact was so intense that I'm a little worried.

Confirming the absence of the monster's presence, I cautiously descend the stairs.

"…!"

The 10th floor, seen for the first time, is not a maze like the other layers, but rather a spacious area.

Throughout this vast space, massive rocks are solidified and scattered.

No... that's not it. These rocks are the very opponents I was fighting until a moment ago.

What I thought was a giant rock, upon closer inspection, looked like a robot from a robot anime.

Was I up against such a huge thing...? The fact that I defeated such a monster is increasingly losing its reality.

But I did win. In just a short period since enrollment, I finally conquered the 10th floor.

Even so, how strong is this thing in the outside world?

If I had challenged it face to face, I would have been crushed in an instant, so it must be quite powerful.

"Now, let's collect the arrows and go back... huh?"

When I tried to gather the arrows, I noticed something had fallen at my feet.

It was a silver necklace.

At first glance, it looks like a regular fashion item, but it's discolored in places, and above all, it gives off an ominous aura.

"It's probably a rare item... let's take a closer look."

Activating <Observation Eye>, I quickly understood the details.


――

Destruction's Necklace

Rarity: Super Rare

When equipped with this necklace, the accuracy of attacks is halved, but in return, the attack power is doubled.

――


"Ha, hahaha..."

I couldn't help but let out a dry laugh.

Super Rare is a grade above Rare. When selling, Super Rare items often receive a higher appraisal than Rare items.

But more than that, the reason I laughed was because of the effect.

'Accuracy is halved, but attack power is doubled'... My attacks never miss, so there's no downside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test