01 January 2024

Introverted Archer 9

Test

9. Rational Date!


Afterward, we were able to safely escape from the dungeon. I, who pretended to be lost, only received a warning from the teacher, but Tatsuo got suspended.

It's annoying to have been scolded because of him, but it didn't affect my grades, so I guess it's okay.

Everything is settled. But, my heart is not at ease. Because today is the weekend. The day of the date with Hina!

I'm feeling weak. It's my first time going somewhere with a girl alone.

We decided on a meeting place in a nearby commercial facility, but I wonder if this is the right choice...?

"Sorry! Sorry for making you wait, Eimu-kun!"

After waiting for a while, Hina arrived in the expected line.

Usually dressed in a uniform, Hina is wearing casual clothes today.

She has on a white knit top, and below. I think it was called a flared skirt.

The choice of colors enhances Hina's bright atmosphere and gives off a refined impression.

"A rational choice of clothes."

"Does that mean you're complimenting me? Thank you."

Hina smiles happily. It's as if a bud is blossoming.

Since I started talking to Hina at the academy, I noticed that she attracted more attention from students than I imagined.

She's modestly speaking, beautiful. Now, in her casual clothes, she's attracting even more attention than usual.

"Hey, isn't that girl cute? Should I try talking to her?"

"Stop it. There's a guy next to her. Probably her boyfriend."

"No, no, there's no way that beautiful girl and that guy match! I mean, he clearly looks like an introvert and is dressed in clothes like a homeless person!"

Didn't that passerby say my clothes looked like homeless attire?

"So, where should we go? A cafe or just chatting somewhere—Eimu-kun, is something wrong?"

"Hina. I want you to be honest. Is my outfit strange?"

When I ask that, Hina starts to think a little.

"...Yeah, I think so. Not necessarily you, Eimu-kun, but I think people might consider that strange."

"W-What part!?"

"That outfit, you've been wearing it for a long time, right? It looks overall worn out, so it might seem dirty."

I've been wearing this outfit since middle school. Looking at it again, it does seem worn out.

"But it's still wearable... and besides, sticking to the same clothes is cheaper and rational, isn't it?"

"Sure, it might be rational in terms of cost, but... that doesn't consider the performance of the clothes, right?"

W-What!? Hina seems to be emitting a divine aura!

"For example, if there were hairs in a high-end dish, you wouldn't eat it, right? Similarly, clothes with wrinkles or stains lack a sense of cleanliness. In that sense, isn't it rational to periodically get new clothes for practicality?"

A-Amazing! What rationality! There's absolutely no room for argument!

Initially, I thought there was no trace of rationality in Hina, but I have to admit my eyes were deceiving me.

"Hina is right. So, can you help me choose clothes?"

"Okay! Let's start by going to buy some clothes!"

Choosing a commercial facility as the date location proved to be a good idea.

We arrived at a clothing store that Hina frequented.

"How about this, Eimu-kun?"

I try on the clothes Hina picked in the fitting room. Looking in the mirror, I looked like a completely different person.

"Amazing. Even though they're simple items, I suddenly look much better..."

"Eimu-kun, because the materials are good, simple shirts and pants look clean on you. My eyes are never wrong!"

After buying the clothes Hina picked, we went to a nearby cafe.

"Thanks for earlier. It's not much, but let me treat you here."

"No, if it weren't for you, Eimu-kun, I might not be here. It's mutual."

Hina sips her iced cafe latte through a straw.

"By the way... why are you so strong, Eimu-kun? Did you used to explore dungeons in the past or something?"

"No, I started entering dungeons about a month ago."

I explained how I leveled up after acquiring <Intuition>.

"So, Eimu-kun, you went from level 3 to 10 in just a week? It sounds too unreal..."

"Well, it's unbelievable for me too."

A seven-level jump in a week is not a story that makes sense under normal circumstances. If I was surprised, Hina would find it even more unbelievable.

"But, thanks to your strength, I was saved... Eimu-kun at that time was so cool. So, I believe!"

Hina is kind-hearted. She believes even what I say and enjoys our conversations.

But I'm not so irrational as to stop and rely on that. On that day, when I was surrounded by Kobolds, it was a risky bet whether I could win. In fact, if I hadn't used the Greatsword, I might have lost. To handle future dangers to myself and Hina, I need to become even stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test