01 January 2024

Seeker 269

Test

Chapter 269. Sahuagin (1)


"Gyagyagyagyaa! Mermaid princess~? Are you around here~? If you are, won't you give us a response~?"

From outside the cave, a coarse, mocking voice echoed.

Similar to ours and the 2 Merfolk inside, the voice carried even underwater.

Upon hearing that voice, the Merfolk princess Fermina trembled.

The Merfolk warrior, Gelark-san, glared at the entrance of the cave.

"Kuh, Sahuagin. But it seems they don't know our location. They're meticulously searching around the settlement. Princess, there's no need to go out. Let's weather this here."

"Eh, yes, Gelark..."

".......My apologies, Princess."

Gelark-san embraced Fermina, who was shivering, with the arm opposite the one holding the spear.

Fermina widened her eyes for a moment but quickly blushed and nestled against Gelark-san's chest.

Oh, it's that kind of relationship.

Not just a simple guard warrior and princess, it seems.

Kazane and Yuzuki also had faces that said, "I see."

"This really makes me want to help them."

"Agreed. Senpai, what do you think?"

"I feel the same way, but... "

As Sahuagin was outside the cave, I was undecided on whether we should prepare for a confrontation here.

The voices heard from outside weren't just one.

There seemed to be at least three Sahuagin wandering a bit away in the sea outside the cave.

The strength of Sahuagin is said to be on par with awakened humans, but...

As I was pondering about that, I heard words that couldn't be ignored.

"Heeey, if you're there, princess, answer~! Otherwise, something important to you will get hurt, you know~? Look, like this~!"

"St-stop it, what are you planning──igyaahhh! It hurts, it hurts, it hurts, it hurts, it hurts!"

"Gyagyagyagyaa! If the princess doesn't come out soon, we'll keep poking and prodding like this~!"

"Nooo! Ahhhh!"

Along with what seemed to be Sahuagin's raucous voice, there was a distressing scream from what seemed like a woman.

Fermina's face turned pale, and Gelark-san's expression turned to anger.

"Kuh...! Those bastards, can't be...!"

"G-Gelark... I..."

"Darn it, such a despicable act! Princess, please endure it. They're targeting you."

"I-I understand, but..."

"Whether the princess goes out or not, they will commit acts of cruelty. Please endure it."

Gelark-san gritted his teeth and held the spear so tightly it looked like it might break while embracing the mermaid princess in his arms.

Fermina had tears in her eyes and wore an expression that seemed on the verge of breaking.

Since we only heard the voices and couldn't see what was happening outside, we could only imagine.

But it was easy to imagine that some heinous deeds were unfolding.

"Daichi-kun."

"Senpai."

Kazane and Yuzuki looked at me.

I, too, had reached the point where I could no longer endure it.

Is there a risk in opposing these Sahuagin here?

Like I care. 

We can think about the details of the risks later.

"Fermina and Gelark-san, please continue hiding here. We'll go out."

Leaving those words for the 2 Merfolk, I swam towards the cave's exit with my companions.

As we approached the cave's entrance, the voices became somewhat closer.

I signaled my comrades to halt for a moment and spoke to my junior.

"Yuzuki, can you go ahead alone like this?"

"Huh...? W-why!? Are you telling me to become a precious sacrifice!?"

"Sorry, but that's the gist of it."

"???"

I quickly explained my thoughts.

Reluctantly, Yuzuki understood.

"Got it. Geez, you're really rough with women, Senpai."

"Sorry. I'll do anything you ask later, alright?"

"Really!? Well, can't be helped then~"

Yuzuki, in her frilly two-piece swimsuit, with her bow in hand, swam ahead.

I instructed Griffin to stay in place, and with Kazane, we hid among the rocks, moving toward the direction of the voices.

After a short swim, the scene of the tragedy came into view from a distance.

In one part of the sea, there were three Sahuagin and a Mermaid.

"Stop it, it hurts, please stop! It hurts! I don't want it anymore...!"

"Gyagyagyagyaa! That's right, scream more! If the princess is around here, she'll definitely hear it~!"

Two Sahuagin restrained the Mermaid, while another mercilessly thrust a spear into her left shoulder.

From the pierced area, red blood spread into the water like smoke.

The Sahuagin, as if tormenting the Mermaid, gouged at the wound with their spears.

Each time, the Mermaid let out a painful cry, screaming about the pain.

"This is terrible...! Unforgivable, those bastards."

Next to me, Kazane voiced her anger.

I, too, harbored a quiet and growing sense of indignation in my chest.

On the other hand, Yuzuki, who had advanced separately, exposed herself in front of the three Sahuagin.

"You damn Sahuagin, that's enough! Release that Merfolk woman!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test