25 January 2024

Introverted Archer 34

Test

34. Rational Coaching!


"Kishaaa!!"

A cat monster leaps towards them. Hina's large shield deflects the scratching attacks coming from its small body.

"Hah!"

The moment the enemy falters, Hina quickly strikes with her sword. It's a safe victory without any danger.

"Yeah, it looks like we're fine with 1st-floor monsters! You're quite strong!"

"Yes. Lately, I've been consciously going to the dungeon, and I've gotten better at defeating 1st-floor monsters, but..."

"The problem is the 2nd floor, right?"

Well, it's natural to lose confidence after the recent Kobold outbreak.

"Yeah, going beyond the floors is scary... but when you reach the next level, you can encounter the unknown. Whether it's good or bad. I think that's part of the adventurer's excitement."

"I see... Indeed, getting to know a world you didn't know about is a good thing!"

"And in my case, because a lot of people support me, I can't afford to stop!"


――

Mirai-chan! Looking forward to your rematch with the Golem!

Mirai-chan, you're cool and cute!

Hina-chan feels pure, makes me want to cheer for her!

――


Streaming and adventuring are going quite smoothly. I don't need to do anything.

Moreover, it seems unlikely that an incident like the one where Mirai got covered in blood will happen again. Maybe I was overly concerned.

Afterward, we explored the dungeon and descended to the 2nd floor.

This time, we're not using the <Observer>, so it's a fresh dungeon conquest. I wonder if other adventurers approach it with this kind of feeling.

"We're here, Hina-chan!"

"Yes!"

Hina clashes with the monster using her shield. With every attack blocked by the shield, a clanging sound echoes.

"Guaaaa!!"

While Hina's battle drags on, other monsters are drawn to the sound.

"Hina-chan, we'll handle the monsters behind, so focus on that one!"

"Understood!"

Three monsters have gathered. Mirai finally drew her two swords.

"Masked person! Help us a bit! I'll take care of the one in front!"

"Alright, I'll deal with the remaining one, then."


――

Mirai-chan's battle is coming!

Hang in there, Hina-chan!

Can the masked person really handle two at once?

――


People in the comments seem to have watched the two's battles, and I should quickly finish my part.

"<Rapid Shot>"

In no time, I released invisible arrows. They pierce through the bodies of the two monsters, instantly ending their lives.


――

Wait, what did the masked person just do?

It didn't look like they did anything, but the monsters were down. Why?

Could it be that the masked person is unexpectedly strong?

――


Being considered strong for something like this is quite belittling. I usually defeat these kinds of monsters outside the dungeon.

However, seeing the viewers surprised is more satisfying than I thought.

"Haiyah!"

At that moment, it seems Hina has defeated the monster. Mirai has also finished with hers.

"Sorry, both of you! I gathered the monsters because I took too long..."

"We're fine. More importantly, it seems we can handle 2nd-floor monsters safely!"

"Hehe... little by little, but I think I'm getting better at using the shield!"

Praised by Mirai, Hina looks happy. Even though they've only known each other not that long, it feels like the two have become like sisters.

"At this rate, can we take on 3rd-floor monsters? Shall we try going a bit further?"

"But, even on the 2nd floor, I struggled this much?"

"Of course. Paladins are jobs designed to block attacks from opponents. It's natural to struggle in a one-on-one fight. While the Paladin buys time, it's our job to attack!"

With confidence, Mirai laughs and raises the sword in her right hand high.

We proceed to the 3rd floor. Monsters are quickly found.

"Buuuuu!!"

A pig-headed humanoid monster charges towards us.

Hina leans forward with her shield, receiving the monster's charge.

"What is this... it's strong!"

"Hina-chan, focus on defense! I'll handle the attack!"

Faced with the power of the first attack from the 3rd-floor monster, Hina grits her teeth.

With each attack blocked by the shield, the monster becomes vulnerable, and this time, Mirai attacks.

"<Flame Acceleration>!"

Wrapping the twin swords in flames, she swings them at an incredible speed. Her movements gradually accelerate, and soon, the monster becomes unable to retaliate.

However, the monster's physical abilities far surpass those of a human. Despite being attacked, it swings its arm widely.

"Buuuuuu!!"

"Mirai-san, leave this to me!"

The monster's arm swings down. In an instant, Hina, in a protective stance, intercepts the attack with her shield.

"Uwah!"

The impact was strong, and Hina couldn't completely block the attack, getting pushed backward. Seeing this, the monster prepares for a follow-up.

――However, Mirai doesn't overlook it.

"Hina-chan, you saved me! Leave the rest to me!"

Mirai kicks the ground, closing in on the monster. With a flash like a whirlwind, she beheads the monster.

"Phew, we somehow won."

"I-impressive... to defeat a monster so accurately!"

Hina sits on the ground, impressed by Mirai's movements.

I offer her a hand, helping her up.

"We managed to win against the monster just now, but it seems like this is our limit. Shall we go back for today?"

As Mirai changes direction to return to the 2nd floor.

"――Wait! Both of you, be cautious! It's not over yet!"

Mirai suddenly shouts, so we quickly look in the same direction as her.

There, a demon-like monster holding the severed head of the pig monster we defeated earlier was standing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test