21 January 2024

Introverted Archer 30

Test

30. Rational Arm Wrestling Match!


"Wha-what!? Eimu, what did you do!?"

Hmm, I never expected things to turn out like this. I never thought that this toy-like pointer gun would have the effect of "always hitting the target".

However, it seems like adventurers can enjoy it too, and it requires some decent reflexes, so I got absorbed in it. 

I had planned to score lower, honestly.

"Hey, mister, that's amazing!! It's a new record! Why not join the Galaxy Rangers!?"

Because I scored too high, the cast member approached us with enthusiasm.

The second place is 85,000 points, so my record must be quite something.

"This is just today's record, right? It's not that big of a deal..."

"No! This is the all-time record! You, sir, have the highest score ever!"

Really? Until now, 85,000 was the highest?

The stares from the other guests are uncomfortable. Thanks to the cast's praise, it's clear that I'm the first place.

In the end, I received a Galaxy Rangers ID card from the cast as a prize for ranking, with my name engraved on it.

As I walk, looking at the card with my name, Mirei sticks to my arm.

"Hey, Eimu. There's something I want you to do, relying on that arm of yours..."

Mirei has a different attitude, looking up at me with upturned eyes.

"Actually, in Destiny, there's a place called the 'Treasure Area'... and there's a place there where you can arm wrestle."

"You want me to do that? Why?"

"Go there, and you'll understand... I don't know if even you, Eimu, can do it."

Heading to the Treasure Area, we quickly found the arm wrestling venue.

"Welcome! To the 'Buster's Arena'!"

Entering, cast members in training gear greeted us with smiles.

"Here, you can arm wrestle with the iron man, Buster! If you can beat Buster, you'll receive a prize..."

The cast member brought her hands forward, revealing a brown stuffed animal.

"You'll get this, a Brownie plushie!"

That's it; that's what she wanted. She bought almost all the other Brownie goods, but this one requires winning.

"And now, the challenger is... You! The champion of this arena, Muscle King! Buster!!!"

With the cast's announcement, a muscular man with a refreshing smile stepped into the ring.

He's incredibly huge. His entire body gets wrapped in muscles like armor, and there's no unnecessary fat. It must have taken sleepless nights to get that shredded.

"How about it, Eimu? Do you think you can win?"

"No, that guy's definitely a former adventurer. I don't know his specific job, but it's frontline combat-related."

Power types are not my specialty. Moreover, that person seems to be the strongest among those I've faced.

But ordinary people also do this attraction, so he'll probably take it easy on me, right...?

"Now, the challenger makes an entrance!"

I step into the ring and stand in front of Buster.

"Hey, let's have a good match!"

Buster flashes a bright smile and places his hands on the table in the center of the ring. I follow suit, placing my elbow on the table and clasping my hands.

"Haha, you're quite strong, aren't you?"

"No, I don't think so..."

"Don't be humble. But I understand. The moment our hands touched, my muscles warned me. You shouldn't fight me."

Oh, really? Buster's smile somehow looks scary now...?

"But I won't lose. I've continued constant training and dietary restrictions to gain this strength. I'm stronger than you."

"Can you go easy on me, then?"

"No, if I reduce the output even a little, it seems I might lose. I'll go all out."

This guy isn't very considerate!

"Lady and gentlemen, Fight!"

The gong rings. At that moment, I feel a sensation like my body is spinning.

Buster is trying to slam my hand onto the table with all his might!

Dangerous! If I delay a bit more in applying force, I'll be done for!

"You withstand my 100 percent quite well! But how long can you keep that up?"

"Don't underestimate me...!!"

However, I'm not someone who gives in easily. As I apply more force, Buster's advantage gradually starts to reverse.

"Oh, Challenger! You're holding your own against the unbeatable Buster! I've never seen such an intense match!"

"Eimu, do your best!"

It hurts. My arm feels like it's going to break. But, being an Archer, I have the same strength as him!

"Why...? I should have more muscle mass, right!?"

"I think you have more muscle mass and practical experience. But you picked the wrong opponent!"

I apply more force, and Buster's hand slams onto the table.

"The winner, the Challenger!"

The cast raises my arm in victory, and the guests who were watching applaud. On the other hand, Buster and I remain silent.

"... It's a complete defeat, huh?"

"No, that was a match where either side could have won."

"No, it's a complete defeat. I'm a pro. With this hand, the show can't go on."

My hand is still tingling. Buster must be feeling the same since he's shaking his hand.

Then, Buster reaches out for a handshake with his other hand.

"I haven't gone all out in this arena for a while! I won't lose next time, so let's do it again!"

While shaking hands with Buster, I awkwardly smile.

Honestly, I don't want to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test