21 January 2024

Introverted Archer 29

Test

29. Rational Destiny!


The next day. Mirei and I were supposed to meet at Hoshikeioka Station.

"Eimu is late! Late, you know!"

Mirei was already there, wearing stylish clothes that looked like something a model would wear, in contrast to the last time we met. Perhaps to hide her identity as a celebrity, she had sunglasses and a black cap on, and her disguise seemed perfect.

"So, where are we going today? I think it's still too early for any shops to be open."

"Have you even read the messages? When it comes to a date, it's gotta be Destiny!"

Destiny. She's referring to the dream theme park, Destiny Land.

"So, that's why we're meeting so early?"

"Exactly. Well, let's hurry then, off we go!"

An hour on the train, and despite it being before the park's opening hours, many people were already lining up when we arrived.

"...So, how was the exam?"

"Huh? It was okay, I guess. Not great, not terrible. I think I got a rational score according to my ideals. But, if I had to pick, world history was—"

"Not that. I meant the practical part."

It was a clear victory. But, even so, I had some thoughts about it.

First, Mashita. He got defeated by me, received some light treatment in the infirmary, and now seems to be fine. 

But I haven't heard anything about him changing his attitude.

Instead, he mentioned his fight me through a livestream last night, concealing my name but saying things like 'I can't forgive those who cheat in battles', 'I am the true powerhouse,' and 'I will do something big soon'.

Frankly, it sounded like the howling of a loser. 

However, being defeated to that extent and still saying such things, maybe he didn't receive enough punishment.

And the classmates who watched the battle between Mashita and me. They also got influenced.

Due to my use of <Rapid Shot> and other non-motion attacks in that match, various speculations have arisen.

Most of them are voices suspecting cheating, similar to Mashita's. 

In addition, there were envious voices because Hina was cheering for me.

But both opinions didn't matter. 

Being swayed by others' opinions isn't rational.

I told Mirei about the content of the match, including the recent acquisition of <Materialization> and my current level.

"...Aren't you getting stronger at an incredible pace? With level 20, if you join a certain guild, you could easily make an annual income of 10 million within a few years."

"Is that so? You can earn that much?"

But, if I raise my level more, I can aim higher, and considering the recent leaps and bounds, it would be a waste to stop growing here.

"Well, I didn't need to ask, I guess. I can't imagine a student who can beat you exists in this world."

"Then, can I ask a question now? What's with that headband?"

While we were talking, Mirei had a headband with rabbit ears on her head.

"What? It's obviously a Rappy headband. The lover of Rappy. Don't you know?"

No, I know that. I'm well aware that she's wearing a headband with Destiny's mascot character, Rappy's, ears.

"...What I want to know is why you're wearing it."

"I keep work and private matters separate. Since I came to Destiny, I'll enjoy it to the fullest!"

Quite stoic. It's the opposite of me, an indoor person, on holiday.

"Oh, it's almost time to go in! I've checked the order, so leave it to me!"

Passing through the entrance gate, Mirei immediately bought and started eating popcorn and churros. She's enjoying it quite a bit.

"First up is -Galaxy Rangers-!"

Galaxy Rangers is an attraction where you ride a vehicle and use a pointer gun to aim at targets.

"And why did you choose this?"

"Because the waiting time is short. The line for Galaxy Rangers gets long in the afternoon, so going first means a shorter wait!"

Typical Mirei, a choice that prioritizes efficiency. Rational and splendid.

But this attraction was relatively new, right? 

I didn't see it when I went with my family before. 

So it's my first time riding it. I wonder if I'll do well.

"Now, every one of Galaxy Rangers, aim for a high score!"

"Okay, Eimu!? Whether we win or lose depends on our performance here. Don't slack off!"

Well, the outcome is probably already decided...?

Well, let's do our best as much as we can.

10 minutes later. The attraction ended, and we got off the ride.

"Look! The final ranking results get displayed on that board!"

So that's why they asked for our names beforehand. 

The lowest score in 10th place is 65,000 points.

"I got 32,000 points... I'm not doing well at all. What about you, Eimu?"

Hmm, maybe I overdid it after all?

In response to Mirei's question, I pointed to the top of the board.

-1st place Kagayama Eimu 99,999-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test