21 January 2024

Introverted Archer 31

Test

31. Rational Parade!


"Eimu! The parade is starting!"

In the end, we thoroughly enjoyed Destiny until evening, and now the parade was approaching. 

Mirei remained in high spirits, embracing the plush brownie she had won as a prize.

Is a parade really something to look forward to so much? Just shining lights, yet the excitement it stirs is hard to understand. 

The same goes for night scenery, often praised similarly. I don't quite grasp what's so appealing about viewing landscapes at night.

"Look! It's coming!"

Following Mirei's pointing finger, a brilliantly lit vehicle approached from the other side of the road. 

On top of it, Destiny's characters danced to the music.

"Eimu, you should wave too! They might wave back!"

Mirei waved enthusiastically at the characters like a child. Red, blue, yellow... rapidly changing lights illuminated Mirei's profile. Her eyes seemed to hold stars within them.

"I love Destiny, you know. I go at least 3 times a year."

"That often? It's not like the attractions change frequently, so why?"

"Destiny is my goal. It's entertainment that makes everyone smile, despite being different from theme parks and video streaming. So, riding Destiny's attractions or seeing guests smile cheers me up."

Looking around, guests of all ages focused on the parade. Their expressions uniformly seemed joyful.

"...Even though I say I separate work and private life, I can't help but think about work. But today was so fun; I forgot about work for a while."

"Something special...happened?"

"Don't make me say it. It's all thanks to you, Eimu."

Mirei gazed at my face. When she took her sunglasses because it was dark outside, I felt a bit nervous.

"Thanks for being with me today, Eimu. I had a great time because you were there."

"I had fun too. It was smooth because Mirei decided on the route."

"Alright! Then, this is for you at the end!"

Saying so, Mirei took a keychain from her pocket and handed it to me.

"What's this?"

"A thank-you for taking the brownie plushie. It's a keychain. You've never bought things like this, right?"

Of course, I haven't. I considered decorative items, including keychains, unnecessary due to their lack of practicality, be it rings or necklaces.

"It's small, but when you see this, you'll remember the fun memories. When you put on a keychain, everyday life becomes a bit more enjoyable."

"Is that so?"

"Got it? Since it matches mine, never lose it. Attach it to your bag or something close!"

Matching, huh? Believing in things like this once in a while isn't a bad idea.

The parade ended, and we boarded the train back. 

Initially crowded with guests leaving after the parade, it had significantly emptied when we arrived at Hoshikeioka.

"Ah! Today was fun! I recharged my energy, so it's time to resume streaming!"

"Is your injury okay now?"

"Yeah! It's mostly healed, and I can't keep lazing around forever!"

At that moment, the train announcement signaled the arrival at Hoshikeioka.

"Alright, let's disband here! I'll send you today's photos later, so make sure to check your messages!"

"Got it. Well then."

I got off at Hoshikeioka, and we dispersed.

"...Phew, today was tiring."

Recalling and putting my hand into my pocket, I found the keychain Mirei gave me.

I never thought I'd wear something as irrational as a keychain. After all, I believed items like decorations, not just keychains, including rings and necklaces, were unnecessary.

"Eimu..."

That was Mirei's voice?

"Mirei?"

No, there's no way she's here. We did part ways on the train a while ago, and there's no sign of her around.

"Eimu, help me."

Again. I definitely heard it. Mirei's voice. She was asking for help.

"What was that just now...?"

Auditory hallucination? It felt too clear to be one, though.

"...Ugh!"

And in that instant, the image that floated into my mind was Mirei collapsed, covered in blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test