16 January 2024

Introverted Archer 25

Test

25. Rational Escape!


"Do you think it's possible... and why is that?"

"Volken's way of thinking isn't rational. Just because no one has broken through the wall doesn't mean it's absolutely impossible, right?"

"But the possibility is extremely low, isn't it...?"

"But it's not zero. Thinking rationally sometimes requires excluding possibilities. But it's not about denying possibilities; it's about believing in all possibilities and testing them."

At that moment, an arrow struck the wall, making a sharp sound. 

Then, a sound like a crack formed in the wall. A sensation never felt before.

"Besides, I have a feeling I can break through the wall. The crack in the wall that I saw before entering this room. Could that be the result of Volken's continuous attacks?"

It's not confirmation, but there's definitely a possibility.

"Was my attack... not in vain!?"

"Maybe. At least, right now, betting on that possibility is the most rational thing to do!"

As soon as he said that, Volken suddenly got up, and started attacking the wall, just like me.

"Then, I'll bet on that possibility too!"

"Good, not bad."

We continued attacking the wall alternately.

The power of the arrows gradually increased. Both accuracy and impact were incomparable to the beginning.

After about an hour, when we were tirelessly continuing our attacks,

Crack!

The loudest sound so far echoed. The next moment,

Crash!

The wall collapsed, creating a large hole in the middle.

"We did it!"

"Young man... you've finally done it!!"

We rejoiced and returned to the dungeon through the hole in the wall.

"Young man. You taught me something important. I had forgotten to believe in possibilities."

"I'm grateful for teaching me how to use <Materialization>, Master."

Being called Master, Volken seemed strangely happy. Even though he's a skull, his expression somehow came through.

"What will you do now?"

"I don't know. If I return to the surface in this form, I'll probably get feared. Well, I'll think about it from now on. I have all sorts of possibilities!"

It seems fine from the way he's talking.

"Young man, as a parting gift, let me tell you 1 more thing. <Materialization> can not only create objects but also generate skills!"

Huh? Really!? It's even more powerful than I thought!!

"However, to materialize, you need to experience it firsthand or have a strong conviction leading to materialization. The former is easier."

"Thank you. Because of you, the path to becoming stronger has opened up for me."

"Yes. First, work on becoming more proficient with <Materialization>. Well, I've told you everything you need to know. I'll part ways here."

Volken flew off and rushed down the dungeon corridor.

"Farewell, young man! Let's meet again somewhere!"

Volken's laughter echoed, even after turning the corner of the path.

"Haa, today was tough..."

After leaving the dungeon, I took a deep breath after inhaling the outside air.

After being in a confined space, the air feels delicious. Especially considering I might never have come out. The sense of liberation is circulating throughout my body.

There were troubles, but my level is rising smoothly, and I obtained the powerful skill <Materialization>.

Now it's just practicing materialization. Right now, I can only produce ordinary bows and arrows, but with practice, I might be able to add more functions.

"In any case, the future looks bright... huh?"

<Observer> detected the presence of people nearby. Three of them. They seem to be watching me from the shadows.

"Do you need something?"

I turned around and called out to the hidden group. Then, the trio that had been hiding revealed themselves.

Looking at their faces, I immediately realized.

Extravagant appearance and a large build. They are the guys I saw in the video earlier.

"You've been in the dungeon for quite a while, huh? You know who I am, right?"

The next opponent in the test—what was his name? Mashita, I think?

"You're the next test's opponent, right? It's a coincidence meeting you here."

I know it's not a coincidence. They probably came to mess with me before the next match.

"Hidetaka Kageyama. I've come to greet you. It's my first test too, and I want to show respect to my opponent."

Mashita smiled at me and reached out for a handshake.

There's no reason to refuse. I responded to his handshake, and our hands met.

—The next moment.

"Hey!!"

Mashita, with his free hand, reached into his bag, took out a PET bottle of cola, turned it upside down, and poured the liquid over my head.

"Gahaha!!"

A sweet-smelling liquid splashed on my head. At the same time, the laughter of the three echoed.

"Idiot!! Who would greet a loner like you!?"

The empty PET bottle got thrown by Mashita and hit my body, falling to the ground.

—The next moment.

"Hey!!"

Mashita, with his free hand, reached into his bag, took out a PET bottle of cola, turned it upside down, and poured the liquid over my head.

"Gahaha!!"

A sweet-smelling liquid splashed on my head. At the same time, the laughter of the three echoed.

"Idiot!! Who would greet a loner like you!?"

The empty PET bottle got thrown by Mashita and hit my body, falling to the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test