15 January 2024

Introverted Archer 24

Test

24. Rational Confinement!


"Skill scroll... that rare item!?"

Skill scrolls are rarely circulated rare items in the market.

When used, they instantly acquire skills, and when combined with jobs and blessings, they can exhibit effects beyond imagination.

"Oh, right. This <Materialization> skill can turn imagined things into reality. I learned this skill and attempted to escape from this space."

"And it didn't work."

"...That's right. I became unable to move due to dehydration and realized I was going to die. Refusing death, I found myself in this form."

As Volken reminisced, his skeletal face seemed somewhat sorrowful.

"Hey, about that scroll, there seem to be 2, right?"

"Yeah, I used one, so one is left. Wait, young one, you're not thinking of using it, are you!?"

"Yeah. I'm planning to use it."

"Are you sane!? Even if you use it, it's meaningless if you can't get out!"

Volken seems to have some misunderstanding.

"I will get out. I've come this far; I won't give up on something like this. I could enter the treasure room. I have to bring back valuable items."

I opened the skill scroll and touched the surface.


――

Acquired the skill <Materialization>.

――


Alright, I've become stronger again.

"Young one... It seems you haven't given up. In that case, I will impart the secrets of <Materialization> to you!"

"Can you really do that?"

"It's possible. As I've stayed in this world, I've continued to ponder about <Materialization>!"

Volken soared through the air, snatched the arrow I had, like a bird, and appeared before me.

"Imagine. Your usual bow and arrows. Then, they will take shape!"

That's quite a vague explanation. I need to imagine the object I want to materialize clearly.

There's no harm in trying. Let's give it a shot.

Alright, close my eyes, and imagine my usual bow and arrows. Color, shape, texture. Let's explore from various angles.

"It's impossible, right? That's unavoidable. I succeeded in materialization only after dozens of failures. First, take your time—"

"...It's done."

In my hands, I held the bow and arrows I imagined.

The 2 items are enveloped in an orange aura, swaying but undoubtedly there.

"What!?!? Did you succeed on the first try!?"

"Yeah. I imagined a practical bow and arrows. It's like adding an arrangement to the ones I usually use."

"Moreover, an arrangement on the first try!?"

At that moment, the bow and arrows slowly disappeared as if the fire had gone out. Apparently, maintaining the form with my power has its limits.

"I see, practical...! What you've been saying, backed by logic, was like an equation! Just as no doubt adding 1 and 1 equals 2, your logically thought-out practical bow and arrows are an undeniable fact! That's why the materialization was successful!"

"I don't really get what you're saying... but can we consider the first stage cleared?"

"Not the first, more like the third at once!"

Volken cleared his throat and began speaking again.

"Next, shoot that arrow at the wall, damaging it!"

"But shooting an arrow that disappears immediately is pointless, right?"

"No. By enhancing precision, materialization can control mass and power! The real arrows deteriorate with each impact on the wall, but arrows made through materialization can be shot repeatedly!"

I see. So materialize a lot and shoot a lot.

Volken flew into the air and headbutted the wall a few times.

"Here! Aim for this spot!"

From there, I continued to imagine the bow and arrows. After about the fifth attempt, I finally managed to actually shoot an arrow.

However, the arrow disappeared when it hit the wall, like carbonation.

"Not yet! Draw the bow as many times as it takes!"

I aimed at the wall and shot arrows many times. At first, the arrows disappeared upon impact, but gradually, they began hitting the wall, making a sound.

"Young one... You can move your hands while doing it. Would you listen to my story?"

"What now? Keep it brief."

"While confined in this space, when my thirst reached its limit, holding the materialized bow and arrows, I pondered about a certain possibility."

The sound of arrows hitting the wall echoed rhythmically in the room.

Volken's voice seemed somewhat lifeless.

"That possibility was 'The dungeon walls cannot be broken'. Come to think of it, I've never heard of a story about breaking the dungeon walls. Even if I keep shooting the wall with the bow, I thought it might be meaningless."

"Don't say ominous things."

"Even after I died and turned into a skull, I continued to attack this point – the point you are shooting now. There was no pain in my body, but the lost heart ached. Eventually, I stopped attacking the wall without realizing it."

Looking back, Volken was gazing at the opposite wall while hunching over.

Decades of loneliness. I can't imagine. In this narrow room, Volken must have keenly felt it.

"Young one. Will you mock someone like me? Do you think you can break the dungeon walls?"

I shot an arrow and, after stretching, boldly declared,

"I can do it! I'm sure of it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test