13 January 2024

Introverted Archer 21

Test

21. Rational Expansion Range!


Waking up early in the morning isn't rational.

You should sleep until the last possible moment in the morning, and it's essential to gain sleep time even after leaving home until homeroom begins.

After all, the time spent sleeping is the happiest time. Increasing sleep time is equivalent to increasing the amount of happiness in life. It's truly rational and to my liking.

That's how I today.

"An hour before the start of class... What am I doing, really?"

I stood in front of the dungeon early in the morning. It was to try something.

I've acquired several skills, but the one that stands out the most is the <Observer>.

It goes well with [Sure Hit], and above all, it has been reinforced multiple times.

And last night, I realized something.

The range that <Observer> can sense is a radius of 200 meters. Perhaps, it's not fixed.

Imagine a palm-sized sphere made of a fluid-like substance, like a slime.

Initially, it may be in the form of a ball, but if you tightly squeeze it, the shape will compress and may protrude between the fingers.

In this way, by applying force, it might be possible to change the range of 200 meters from a spherical shape.

Imagine a sphere with a radius of 200 meters. I extend that area thinly under the layers of the dungeon.

Now, I'm standing at the entrance of the dungeon. Enter from there, go down the stairs of the first layer, and extend the observation range to the second layer.

"Gar?"

What came into view was the detestable figure of a Kobold. I shot an arrow towards it.

And the arrow hit the kobold's head.

"It really worked..."

I managed to defeat a 2nd-floor monster without entering the dungeon.

It's still a practice, but I have indeed expanded the sensing range of <Observer>. 

With more skillful manipulation, I might be able to hit monsters in even lower layers.

"Oh, right, I learned a skill yesterday—maybe I can use that too."

I use <Observation Eye> to confirm the skill's details again.


――

<Arrow Enhancement>

Can add skills to arrows.

――


Until now, I had been adding attributes to arrows. This feels like the skill version of that.

So, using <Arrow Enhancement>, what if I add <Observer> to the arrow?

In the same manner, as before, I thrust the arrow into the wall of the second layer—

"!?"

Is this a joke!? From the second-layer wall, the sensing range has been added even more!?

Could it be the position where the arrow stuck now allows sensing in a radius of another 200 meters!?

"Then, by manipulating the radius of 200 meters that this arrow carries..."

With the same capacity as before, I manipulate the sensing range down to even lower layers. And then—

"It worked after all. I can see monsters on the 4th floor..."

Could this be quite a significant enhancement? Manipulating the sensing range down, I thrust the arrow into the dungeon wall. 

As a result, the sensing range expands again, further down—repeat.

In theory, using this method, I should be able to see all the way to the bottom layer.

Well, it's probably impossible to shoot an arrow all the way down from here. But someday, it might be possible.

"Well, let's start from here for now!"

I shoot arrows relentlessly, sweeping away monsters up to the fourth layer. With <Penetration>, even a single arrow can defeat multiple monsters until its momentum completely disappears.

The monsters within the observable range were wiped out in a few shots.

"If it ends like this, it might be worth getting up a little earlier."

However, today was definitely too early.

I'll continue defeating monsters outside the dungeon in the future, but for today, I'm still sleepy, so let's sleep at school...

"Good morning, Eimu-kun! You're early today!"

About 30 minutes earlier than usual. Hina's figure was in the classroom.

"Good morning... Hina, are you always this early?"

"It depends on the day, but I try to arrive about an hour before homeroom. It helps to review in the morning, and it sticks better."

I see, come to think of it, it's about time for the regular tests.

I'm confident in getting a decent score in the written part, but what worries me is the practical part.

"Hey, what do we do in the practical test? Is it like dungeon conquest similar to practical training?"

"Nope. We don't go to the dungeon for regular tests. It seems to have a significant impact when irregularities occur, and it's intended to measure individual abilities."

"Then, what do we do?"

"1-on-1, student-to-student duels!"

Huh, duels?

Do we have fair and square battles? 

That's what I dislike the most. 

It's important to prepare and find loopholes before the fight. 

Besides, a direct confrontation is not Archer's strong suit. 

Honestly, it's troublesome.

"And! The opponent for today's homeroom duel will be announced!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test