13 January 2024

Introverted Archer 22

Test

22. Rational Bewilderment Streamer!


Today, the opponent for the match has been decided, huh?

Hmm.

I don't really care.

Regardless of who the opponent is, their skill won't change. Besides, I wouldn't know their job or skills even if I heard their name.

Let's just casually face the day when it comes.

Afterward, as I lay on my desk, I would be awakened by the school bell.

When homeroom began, the teacher entered with some cards in hand.

"I'll be distributing cards with the names of the opponents for the regular exams. It's already decided, so be prepared!"

The teacher said so and distributed the cards to each student's desk. Finally, it was my turn.

A pitch-black card. On the back, my name was written, and flipping it would probably reveal the name of my opponent.

Well, I might as well take a look.

Flipping the card, it read Mashita Kyoichi.

As expected, an unfamiliar name. In the first place, I can count the students whose names I remember on one hand.

Lunchtime. I decided to ask Hina.

"Hey, Hina, do you know a student named Mashita?"

"Yeah, I know. Is Eimu-kun getting interested in Brave Stream, by any chance?"

? Why did the conversation suddenly shift to Brave Stream?

"What kind of person is Mashita?"

"What kind of? Obviously, he's a Brave Streamer."

Huh? Is the opponent this time a streamer?

Or rather, are there streamers in our academy? 

Come to think of it, since anyone can post videos on Brave Stream, it wouldn't be strange if some students were doing it out of interest.

"He's got a channel that's been growing recently, with about 10,000 subscribers. Search for Devil's Tongue, and you'll find it... but be prepared if you decide to watch."

While Mirei seemed to enjoy introducing it last time, Hina didn't seem enthusiastic this time.

I decided to search for Devil's Tongue on my phone as instructed. I found several videos. I played one of them.

"Yo! It's Evil from Devil's Tongue!"

The one speaking was a rough-looking, large man. Is this guy really in the same grade as me? It might be because of his dark clothing, but he exuded a tough atmosphere, reminiscent of the leaders in old anime.

He had about two followers. Are these guys also students?

"Now, let me explain today's plan! 'Taking down the introverts!'"

What?

"Today, I have a special guest, a friend of mine. We're going to have a one-on-one real fight. Hey, come in."

"Y-yes..."

The boy who entered the screen looked weak, and there was no sign of friendship.

"You want to get stronger, right? Then, I'll train you as a friend. Of course, whether you accept or not is up to you."

"P-please let me do it..."

What do you mean, up to him? He's probably threatening him off-screen or something.

However, 'Evil' didn't mention anything like that and grinned cruelly.

"It's decided."

The scene changed, and it became a scene where the two faced each other. The real battle was about to begin.

"Ready, fight!"

As one of the followers said that, Evil delivered a powerful right straight to the opponent's stomach.

"A-ah..."

The student who received the attack writhed in pain and sat down. At the same time, 'Evil's' followers began to laugh.

"What's with that laugh just now? Disgusting!"

"Don't just sit there, you weakling! You haven't done anything yet!"

Grabbing the trembling student's hair, 'Evil' forcefully lifted his face.

"It's only just begun. You won't get stronger like this!"

Saying so, 'Evil' swung his fist and struck the student.

At the moment the student's body flew, the video got edited with funny sound effects and subtitles.

This academy operates on meritocracy. Given its nature of nurturing adventurers to fight monsters, the atmosphere is so strong that those without strength are naturally eliminated.

However, this is going too far. It's beyond what can be accepted.

"Is it over already? Then, let's change the players."

At that moment, one of the followers stepped forward.

"Next is a real fight with Fuwa-san. It won't end until you've fought all three, okay?"

Saying so, the follower smirked and ran towards the students.

I turned off the video there.

"... It was right not to watch. I don't understand the mentality of people who find such videos interesting."

Hina seems to be burning with indignation. She clenched her fist with a pained expression.

As for me, not really. Since I already knew the outcome, I judged that there was no need to watch.

"Does the academy allow this kind of thing?"

"They definitely don't permit it. But because it's troublesome to get involved, they just turn a blind eye. Even though the content of the videos is all like that, as long as it barely avoids breaking the law, there's nothing we can do about it."

Do I have to fight against such a guy in the regular exams?

I'm feeling heavy-hearted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test