28 December 2023

Sure-Hit Archer 116

Test

Operation Rescue Spirit Begins!


"Well, there's no other way to do it, huh? [Weakness Lock]"

The Mithril Golem stopped its attack, and as it slowly started moving towards me again, I activated [Weakness Lock].

I nocked the transparent arrow that appeared and drew the bowstring.

I'm aiming for the knee.

Whatever I do, the Mithril Golem can't attack from a distance, so let's first deprive it of mobility.

Well, it'll probably regenerate quickly.

Still, if I can break even one leg, it should give me an advantage.

"[Magic Arrows - Full Burst!"

I release the [Magic Arrows - Full Burst] created by spending 4500 MP.

The shot [Magic Arrows - Full Burst], while splitting, hit the right knee of the Mithril Golem directly.

When the split [Magic Arrow] hit the right knee of the Mithril Golem, they shaved away its hard Mithril body, destroying the right knee.

With the right knee destroyed, the Mithril Golem lost its balance and fell to the ground.

Although some of the arms shielded it as planned, the knee got destroyed.

"All right!"

Now, if its mobility could drop a bit.

I gaze at the Mithril Golem kneeling on the ground.

Yeah. It would be better to deal with it quickly.

The area around the knee is already swelling, returning to its original form.

Breaking the core is the best way to defeat the Mithril Golem, rather than just reducing its HP...

But how do I destroy that core?

I avoided the attacks by the four arms. So, to save the spirits, I have to get close and...

In a flash,

to the pocket.

However, the problem is still the spears growing from its body.

If I get close to saving the spirits, the spears will suddenly fly out and pierce me.

"It seems painful and hard to avoid."

Instead of avoiding it altogether, should I aim to destroy those growing spears?

Perhaps the spears growing from the Mithril Golem are only for the defense of the core.

But if that's the case, my attack power might not be enough.

Those spears are still a part of the Mithril Golem.

If only I could manage one of them somehow.

"Silphy, what do you think? Any ideas?"

If I can't think of anything, I'll have to rely on Silphy to come up with something.

I ask Silphy that way.

I don't know how much Silphy can do now, and there might be some good strategy I don't know about.

"...Sorry, Kaede. I can't think of anything..."

...Even though she says that, she looks apologetic as she shrinks her small body.

From how Silphy looks like she wants to say something, it doesn't seem like she hasn't thought of anything.

"...Silphy, tell me honestly. What did you think of?"

"...But..."

"It's okay. It's okay."

"...Okay, Kaede. The strategy I came up with is..."

To prevent Silphy from not saying what she doesn't want to say, I continue to speak gently, and after seeming to give in, Silphy slowly starts to articulate her words.

"...Ahh... I see. Certainly, for now, that seems to be the best."

After hearing Silphy's thoughts, I consider whether the plan can be executed.

Yeah. It should probably be okay.

"Okay. Let's go with that plan."

"But... Kaede, are you really okay?"

"Well, there's no other choice. ...The Mithril Golem will start moving again soon."

The Mithril Golem, whose knee I should have destroyed, had already finished regenerating and began to stand up.

"Come on, Silphy. I'm counting on you."

"I understand..."

At my words, Silphy reluctantly replied and moved behind me, as if hiding.

"...Alright. Then, here we go...!"

***

[The plan is simple. Kaede just charges at the Mithril Golem in the shortest distance possible.]

While mentally confirming Silphy's plan, I charge at the Mithril Golem. 

In response, a series of consecutive attacks from its four arms strike the path I'm advancing.

[Charge? Hey, Silphy, you saw it too. Even if I dodge the arm attacks, spears start growing, right?]

[I understand. That's why Kaede should focus only on the spears that come out.]

[Only on the spears? But then, what about the attacks from the arms?]

[Of course, you still need to dodge the attacks from the arms. But, it's okay.]

Following Silphy's instructions, I neither avoided nor defended against the attacks. Instead, I concentrate solely on the spears.

[The attacks from the arms... I'll help Kaede evade them!]

A continuous attack from the four arms is launched. If I continue like this, I'll be directly hit again. However...

"Winds!"

Before the Mithril Golem's attacks land on me, a strong wind blows from behind, pushing me forward. 

It's a forceful wind that not only helps me evade the attacks but also diverts the trajectory of the arms with the wind.

"As expected, Silphy! Perfect!"

Silphy's strategy involves manipulating wind magic from behind me. 

She forcefully avoids the attacks from the four arms, allowing me to charge at the Mithril Golem.

"Now it's simple."

"I've seen enough! [Magic Arrows]!"

Avoiding the spears growing from the Mithril Golem is all I have to do.

I've seen the spear attack, and there's no need to worry about the arm attacks.

Plus, dealing with such predictable attacks is easy.

Avoiding the extending spears from the Mithril Golem's body, I handle the unavoidable ones with [Magic Arrow], forcibly moving my body to evade them. 

Even though close combat isn't my specialty, handling this is a piece of cake!

"Whoooa!"

Dodging the spears and receiving the ones I can't avoid with [Magic Arrows], I approach the crystal where the spirits are captured.

Approaching it, just like before, it transforms its body to increase the number of spears and launches an attack from its legs.

But I pay no attention to such attacks.

I accept some minor injuries, forcefully ignoring them, and approach the Mithril Golem, avoiding fatal wounds.

"Kraeeeaaah! [Magic Arrows]!"

Finally, having approached the crystal, I create transparent arrows with [Magic Arrow] in both hands and swing them towards the crystal, avoiding the faintly visible shadow of the spirit!

"Gooooo!"

Swinging my arms, [Magic Arrows] pierce the crystal with a sound similar to shattering glass. 

Slowly, cracks start to appear on the crystal, gradually accelerating.

And...

"Whoa!?"

Blue light leaks from the cracks, and simultaneously, water begins to gush out.

To avoid being engulfed by the water, I ignore the motionless Mithril Golem and jump back, putting some distance between me and the crystal.

Although the Mithril Golem has stopped moving, it's being swept away by the water pouring out from the crystal.

This is incredible.

I evacuated as soon as the water started flowing, so the damage from the water was minimal. 

However, the Mithril Golem, which was right next to the source of the water, is completely swept away.

I don't understand the principle behind it, but the fact that the Mithril Golem is being swept away indicates that the water pressure is substantial.

By the way, Silphy is casually hovering at a higher altitude, making sure not to get involved.

Isn't that a bit unfair?

"Whoa... amazing water. Kaede, did it work out?"

"Yeah. It went well."

Answering while feeling the sensation of wet legs, including wet shoes, Silphy happily flies around.

"So, what do we do next?"

"Well, let's see... what to do..."

I look at the Mithril Golem, which can still move but is now immobile due to the water. 

Or is it unable to move regardless of the water? 

I'm not sure.

During Silphy's time, it wasn't a monster's body, and the situation wasn't like it is now. 

However, during Silphy's time, it wasn't water but a strong wind that was blowing. 

About five minutes, I think?

Hmm? Isn't this bad?

If, like during Silphy's time, it continues to release water with the force to sweep away the Mithril Golem for about 5 minutes.

Will the water stop before I drown?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test