28 December 2023

Introverted Archer 3

Test

3. Rational Dilemma!

I haven't ventured into the second floor yet. It's not that I haven't gone, but rather that I couldn't. Beyond the second floor, the monsters become significantly stronger. 

Naturally, if I were to challenge them solo at my level, it would be instant death. So, everyone teams up and goes to the second floor. I'm an archer, so I have no choice but to conquer it solo!

But that changes today!

Using <Intuition>, I proceed, grasping the monsters and terrain around for a few minutes. Finally, I found the staircase leading to the second floor.

The dungeon's layout changes daily, so I've seen staircases before, but it's the first time I've thought of descending. It's a bit scary, though. Should I reconsider?

No, I can't. I can't let the opportunity for more efficient leveling up slip away.

I take a deep breath and firmly step down each stone of the staircase leading to the second floor.

The scenery that unfolds after descending the stairs is like a different world—

...not really. It's no different from the first floor, just an expanse of caves.

Well, yeah. Going to the second floor isn't anything special.

"Now, what kind of monsters are on the second floor...?"

Using <Intuition>, I quickly find what I'm looking for.

"Grrrr..."

25 meters ahead. At the end of a complicated path, there's a single monster.

It's only a vague sense, but it's bipedal, resembling a wolf.

"...A Kobold!"

True to its appearance, Kobolds possess the ferocity and strength akin to wolves. Their strength surpasses that of Goblins on the first floor.

With <Intuition>, I can target it from here.

However, if I don't finish it off in one blow, there's a chance it'll identify my location and retaliate.

Can I do it? At my current level?

"...Thinking about it is not rational."

Determined, I set an arrow on my bow.

I have no choice. I must become stronger than I am now!

"Go!"

With more force than usual, I release the arrow, and it cuts through the air.

A few seconds later, using <Intuition> to track the Kobold's presence, I held my breath.

The arrow hit the Kobold directly—but didn't finish it off.

"I guess it wouldn't be that easy..."

I shoot the bow again and prepare another arrow.

The Kobold is 25 meters away. It has a physical ability equal to or greater than a wolf, and the distance is nothing.

It can easily come at me from the position of the arrow. So, I have to finish it before it reaches me!

"Grrrrrr... Gah!"

The second arrow pierces the Kobold. Its body moved significantly, but it's still alive.

Ignoring the damage, the Kobold comes toward me.

This is bad... It's already nearing the corner!

If I don't finish it with the next blow, I'll be the one killed!

"Gaaaaah!"

Turning the corner, the Kobold finally appears.

It's a terrifying sight—bleeding from the head and shoulders, drooling, staring at me.

Our eyes meet. Its gaze is sharp as if trying to pierce me with a sword.

This is the first time I've felt so scared. Sweat pours from my entire body, and an unfamiliar impulse, similar to excitement, circulates within me.

But—I will be the one to win!

"Take this!"

I've already drawn the string to its fullest.

The arrow, shot straight, hits the Kobold's face, knocking its head off.

"G... Gah..."

It was the small death cry of the Kobold.

Having lost its head, the Kobold collapses to its knees and falls on the spot.

"Phew... That was close."

If my judgment had been a little late, I wouldn't know who would be standing now. I don't want such a tense battle for a while.

Being an archer is tough. In a battle like earlier, if I don't finish it off in one blow, my attack position is revealed.

What's the point of having a specialization for solo movement when it narrows the scope of battles?

 

――

You have reached level 3.

Learned skill <Arrow Generation>.

――


Oh, my level has increased.

When your level goes up, your physical abilities improve significantly. In the case of an archer, the power of each arrow shot increases.

With this, I can deal with monsters more safely!

Alright, I'll defeat a few more monsters on the second floor today!

"Huh...?"

One week later. I tilted my head as I looked at the status window.


――

Kageyama Eimu Level 9

Blessing: [Sure Hit]

Job: Archer

Skills:

<Intuition> <Observant Eye> <Arrow Generation> <Trap Crafting> <Minor Healing> <Attribute Bestowal> <Body Double> <Stealth>

――


"Something seems... like my level hasn't increased as much as I thought?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test