28 December 2023

Introverted Archer 4

Test

4. Rational Bow Tactic!


What surprised me wasn't that I didn't know the reason for leveling up.

I've been diving into dungeons for the past week, on weekdays after school and weekends in the morning.

Executing the <Intuition> & [Sure Hit] no-risk bow tactic, I've been hunting monsters relentlessly, so much that I've lost count.

The most surprising thing for me? It's the pace of leveling up.

When did I become this strong?

Reaching level 9 isn't easy. I remember hearing in class that it takes about six months to reach level 10.

There's only one conceivable reason: the efficiency of the bow tactic is too high.

Hiding in the shadows and shooting arrows is enough to kill most enemies, allowing for an infinite number of battles.

If I were using a different class like a Warrior, I'd have to face opponents directly, and it wouldn't work like this.

Furthermore, solo conquests contribute to increased efficiency.

Acting stealthily alone makes it difficult for monsters to find me. I've been using the <Stealth> skill to eliminate my presence, and monsters haven't noticed me even once.

I'm currently on the 6th floor. I've become able to defeat the monsters here quite easily.

Here's how I did it.

First, use <Stealth> to eliminate my presence. With this, monsters won't notice you.

In this state, use <Intuition> to sense the monster's location.

"All right, should I go for that one next?"

I found the Muscle Orc. At first glance, he looks like a mere pig-like man, but his strength surpasses even that of a gorilla.

Use <Arrow Generation> to create an arrow. I can only produce up to 10 arrows a day at my current level, but they are a valuable supply.

Maintaining a certain distance, set the generated arrow on the bow. Pull the string tightly while whispering,

"<Attribute Enchant: Flame>"

Then, the arrow begins to take on flames. This is my other newly acquired skill, allowing me to imbue attributes such as fire, water, wind, or lightning onto arrows.

Whether I do this or not makes a significant difference in the power of a single strike. Compared to higher-level skills in other classes, it's a drop in the bucket.

And then, all at once—release!

The arrow clad in flames travels in a straight line, and a few seconds later, I hear a scream resembling that of a pig.

All right, the Muscle Orc has been defeated.

In this manner, I stealthily take down monsters with a single blow and search for the next prey.

As I get used to it, it's become just a routine. 

There's probably no one facing dungeons with this kind of feeling.

 

――

You have reached level 10.

The skill <Intuition> has evolved into <Sixth Sense>.

――


Huh...? The skill evolved?

I'd never heard that term before, but understood its meaning.

"W-What's this!? I can see. I can see it!?"

<Intuition> was a skill to sense the presence of enemies within a 25-meter radius.

But now, I can see beyond that. This isn't just 25 meters. It's 30, 40. Maybe even up to 50 meters ahead, the presence of monsters is as clear as day.

So, the skill evolved!

This is quite exciting. The expanded sensing range means an expanded range of enemies I can attack.

Moreover, with 50 meters, I can cover a significant area of the floor. Naturally, I can also locate the stairs leading to the next level.

"...Let's take a look."

I walk towards the staircase I found.

It's purely out of curiosity. But I want to see. What kind of monsters are on the 7th floor?

I gasp as I approach the stairs and use <Sixth Sense>.

"What... is this!?"

At a considerable distance, there's a particularly large presence compared to other monsters on the lower level.

It's a beast-like monster with 4 legs. Its size is so large that it would be impossible to climb these stairs, which people can ascend.

Even though I'm the one observing, my heart rate inexplicably rises. It's undoubtedly a boss class. It has an immense pressure.

"I won't be able to go down to the lower level for a while... the difference in strength is just too much."

Sighing, I'm about to return to the surface.

"...No, wait a minute?"

I notice something and turn around.

I can sense the presence. And the enemy is so huge that it can't climb the stairs. In that case—,

"If I keep attacking from here, can I win?"

As an experiment, I drew my bow and shot arrows at the 7th-floor monster without descending from the 6th-floor.

—A few seconds later.

"Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!"

I-It's an incredible roar! That must be that monster. The attacks are hitting!

If that's the case, it's simple. Let's keep shooting arrows from here!

"Hahaha! This is amazing!"

I feel like a movie villain. Unilaterally attacking an unarmed monster!

After using the arrows on hand, I replenish them with arrow generation.

After about 2 to 3 minutes of continuous shooting, I realize the monster's presence has disappeared.

"Huh? Is it over now?"

No matter how many times I confirm, the boss monster's presence on the 7th floor has vanished. Without a doubt, I defeated it.

Isn't this tactic too strong?

Ignoring the point of using a large number of arrows, it seems like I can win against stronger opponents.

Moreover, I'm on the upper level, so they can't retaliate.

With this, I've become even more efficient in leveling up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test