28 December 2023

Musou Slime 10

Test

10. I leveled Up A Lot While Sleeping


――

You have reached level 9.

You have reached level 10.

You have reached level 11.

The abilities of <Slime> have been enhanced.

――


Announcement flowing through my mind. The current situation before my eyes. I just woke up and felt like my head was about to explode.

"Calm down, calm down. Let's organize the situation for a moment..."

First, let's process the goblin skins scattered in front of me. What on earth is this?

If I think logically, these must be the remains of the goblins my clones defeated. But why are the skins neatly peeled off like this?

"Oh, the dagger—"

Then I remembered. I had placed the dagger on the rock because it was bothering me when I slept.

Upon inspection, the position of the dagger that should have been on the rock has changed. It's thrown aside, exposed, together with the skins.

Did the slimes use my dagger to strip off the skins by themselves?

Can [Autopilot] really do that? If so, I don't need to turn back into a human form and work like before!

But still, it's an incredible amount. Considering I defeated goblins for over 6 hours before and after taking a nap, even accounting for the skinning time, I've fought quite a lot.

Counting one by one, I put the skins into the pouch I brought. Since there were too many, it seemed like the sun was about to set, so I started doing it in pairs midway.

"71, 72, 73 pieces...!!"

A total of 73. Even with a conservative estimate, it means I defeated 73 goblins just for today!

Since my clones are 12, the experience points I got are 12 times. The goblins defeated are 73. In other words, the experience points I actually gained are.

—Equivalent to defeating 876 goblins.

The moment the calculation ended, I felt goosebumps all over my body.

It's getting really serious. If people want to defeat 100 goblins, they'd have to think about it for at least 5 days.

The goblin skins got organized, so the next thing was the leveling up.

If I want to understand the levels, the quickest way would be to look at my status.


――

Arx Seirant, 17 years old, male

Level 11

Skills:

<Slime>

[Mimicry]... Can transform user's own body into a Level 3 slime.

[Split]... Can split the mimicked body. Maximum is 16.

[Autopilot]... Can automatically control the split slimes.

――



First and foremost, it's the level. The level that was 8 before going to sleep is now 11. 

With Level 11, I wonder if I could be at the level of a D-rank adventurer.

The guild's ranking system is simple, starting from F-rank adventurers, and the highest rank being S-rank. 

The average level of S-rank adventurers is 39, and I've heard that Dan from the brutal blade Brutal Edge, where I used to belong, is level 40.

Still, a long way to go. It's understandable since I haven't been in combat until now, but catching up with everyone is indeed a challenging task. 

However, considering that the higher the rank, the fewer the number of people, I should be in the top 50% even in D-rank. I've come this far in two days. So let's consider it good.

Next is the change in <Slime>. This time, rather than adding new abilities, it seems that the existing abilities have become stronger. 

The mimicked slime in [Mimicry] is now Level 3. Even going from Level 1 to 2 was a considerable boost in combat power, so I can't imagine what it would be like at Level 3.

Furthermore, the number of clones that can be increased by [Split] has also increased. It may seem subtle, but it's a quite useful effect. 

Simply put, 16 times the experience points and 16 times the monsters defeated. That's too powerful.

However, the fact that I gained 3 levels in this goblin hunt suggests that the level-up in this grassland area is reaching its limit.

Should I go? Go to other dungeons. The other areas that I thought were dangerous and kept my distance from—were forests and underground dungeons. 

I hear there are treasures there that I haven't seen yet.

With my current strength, I might be able to handle it. Or rather, if I don't go, further leveling up seems unlikely.

At that moment, my stomach growled as if to say it couldn't wait any longer.

"Oh... come to think of it, I haven't had lunch."

For now, let's think about tomorrow later. Right now, let's report the quest completion to the guild and have a delicious dinner with the money earned. 

I've gathered this many goblin skins; I'm sure the reward will be substantial. I'm looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test