28 December 2023

Musou Slime 12

Test

12. Suddenly, I'm Filthy Rich


"Are you okay?"

Before I knew it, I was in a field of flowers.

Pink, yellow, red, blue. Flowers of various colors bloomed beautifully all around.

In the middle of such a flower field, I was lying down. Beside me stood a girl.

Silver bangs that almost hid her eyes. Eyes as clear and sparkling as diamonds. The girl in a white dress looked down at me.

"Who are you?"

"Oh, come on, did you forget? ... Well, it can't be helped, I guess. It's been a long time since we met. I'm Noah."

While wearing a fleeting smile, the girl introduced herself to me. It seemed like she and I knew each other.

"Arx-san, you have a somewhat troubled look. Is something wrong?"

"... I lost. In a fight. Even though I swore I would definitely get back at them."

It was frustrating. I was irritated at myself for getting excited over level-ups.

Dan, who used his comrades as shields, was despicable. But even considering that, I had a problem—I couldn't become strong enough to win.

"...What will you do from now on, Arx-san?"

"I've realized my weaknesses with this defeat. I need to become strong not only in the form of a slime but also as a human. To do that, I have to come up with some countermeasures..."

Having said that, I became calm. Why was I telling Noah about this?

Contrary to my concerns, Noah looked at me with a gentle expression, attentively listening to my story.

I wonder why. When I talk to this girl, I strangely feel at ease. I feel my emotions calming down.

"Arx-san, you'll keep doing your best, right? In that case, I'll support you quietly from the shadows."

"I see, thank you."

"If you're ever in trouble, please rely on me anytime. I'll always be here."

By the way, where is here exactly? I felt like I was in the guild just a moment ago?

"Well, it's about time. Someone is calling for you, Arx-san."

It was then. A voice could be heard from somewhere.

"...Ar-kun! Wake up, Ar-kun!"

It was Sierra-san's voice! At the same time, my consciousness began to fade gradually.

What is this flower field? I wanted to ask Noah, but I could no longer stand.

The last thing I saw was Noah waving and smiling, sending me off.

"Ar-kun, wake up!!!"

"Yes!!"

I blinked my eyes open. Just as I was about to get up, Sierra-san's face was right in front of me!

"Wah!!"

Sierra-san and I both jerked our bodies backward simultaneously, managing to avoid colliding with our faces.

It seems I had been using Sierra-san's knee as a pillow. She had been peering at my face, and it was dangerously close to colliding if our timing was a bit off.

I shook my head to dispel any inappropriate thoughts about our lips nearly meeting – ridiculous thoughts, really.

"This place is the guild, right?"

"Yeah. It's a guild's vacant room, even though it's already past closing time."

I see, things are starting to make sense. It seems I was carried into this room and laid down after I fainted.

"Ar-kun, are you hurt anywhere? You really surprised me; I found you collapsed in front of the counter when I got back."

I'm really sorry for causing concern. I can easily imagine Sierra-san being surprised.

"Even though it's right after waking up, the guild building is closing soon. It's almost 22:00. So, here."

Sierra-san handed me a pouch. The moment I held it, a loud clink sounded, and I felt the weight in my hand.

I hurriedly opened the bag. Inside were a large number of gold coins. My hands involuntarily shook.

"Is... is it really this much!?"

"Well, you delivered a total of 73, including the quota. Use it wisely, okay?"

I barely touched yesterday's reward, only using it for meals and lodging. Even if I spent money on accommodation and meals tonight, a considerable amount should remain.

With this much money, I could buy good equipment. To become stronger, substantial investment is necessary. And I have a sufficient amount for that.

...Should I buy equipment?

"Well, it's already late today, so let's head back to the inn. I'm sleepy too."

Sierra-san yawned widely. I put the pouch in my pocket and adjusted my appearance.

"Sierra-san, I have one last question... Where is it good for a level 11 adventurer to take quests?"

Despite the sudden question, Sierra-san tilted her head in thought.

"If it's just leveling up, you might want to go to a dungeon rather than taking quests. The further you go into the dungeon, the higher the level of monsters. Intermediate and higher-level adventurers often go there."

I see, we've finally come to the dungeon. Even if I defeat goblins in the grassland area, there's probably a limit to leveling up. I need to increase the difficulty of monster battles.

The next goal is the dungeon. Let's equip ourselves and give it a try.

"Oh, by the way, Al, it's still too early for you, okay? At least wait until you're around level 7."

It seems she doesn't believe that I've leveled up yet.

"Speaking of which! Ar-kun, while you were unconscious, you kept saying 'Noah, Noah'... Who is Noah, I wonder?"

Sierra-san's eyes shone sharply. My spine froze for a moment.

Why am I being glared at!? I want to know about Noah too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test