29 December 2023

Shop 19.2

Test

Chapter 19.2. The First Cleaning Tools In The Wilderness


"Excuse me, I can't quite distinguish which is which... Are these all different items?"

Perhaps this is just a sample. They'll bring the real ones later.

"From your perspective, Akira-sama, from left to right, it's lighting, cleaning, wind, fire, and light sword."

I still have no idea.

"I'm sorry, but could you please tell me the effects and... the prices of each?"

"Of course. First, the lighting. This is the most produced aerial tool. It can illuminate the aerial tool itself and illuminate objects touched by the cleaning tool. However, it works only on metals; it has no effect on wood or living creatures. Merchants often use it to light up knives. The price is... well, let's say 10,000 yen."

It was a detailed explanation. I'm grateful because I was prepared to be looked at like, "Isn't this common sense?" It might be the power of Cherina-san.

"Next is the cleaning aerial tool. This one cleans nearby objects effectively. It's hard to tell in this area, but dirt, including water such as oil and mud, becomes visible as sand. The sand won't reattach, so it falls off when touched. This one is 30,000 yen."

Oh, Narnia, the inn's little girl, mentioned about 5 gold coins or so, it's considerably cheaper.

"Next is the wind. This one can generate a gentle breeze or a slightly stronger wind, but the strength varies from person to person. It's in higher demand than you might think, so the usual price is quite high, but today, it's yours for 80,000 yen."

It can generate wind? Well, if used cleverly, it could be handy. Sending wind to the stove instead of gas, ventilation for the house, or creating a small tornado-like thing could replace a vacuum cleaner. It's literally a cyclone.

"And this one is for fire. It not only replaces flint. But for some people, it can shoot fireballs. There is a separate aerial tool for fireballs, although we don't handle it. This one is 100,000 yen."

People consider it as an everlasting lighter, it might not be a bad price, but I can get a lighter for 100 yen. I really don't need it.

More importantly, is the translation correct for fireball? Does it mean shooting balls of fire? I don't need something dangerous like that. Scary.

"Lastly, the light sword. This is a very popular item. It's rare in this region and just arrived today. Since we got it, I thought I'd show it to you. It's a pure offensive technique that produces several light swords and shoots them towards the enemy. The power and the number vary from person to person, but at least one can be produced, and with practice, it has enough power to kill an ordinary person. This one is 350,000 yen."

Too much!

Enough to kill? I don't want that!

"Uh, thank you for the explanation. I'm interested in the cleaning aerial tool. I'm also interested in the wind, but today is a bit... "

I'm not interested in lighting, and flashlights or LED lanterns would be readily available. If the batteries don't run out quickly, it might not be bad.

Considering the considerable discount, I might as well buy both. I want the wind, but the price is tough.

I pick up the lighting and cleaning aerial tools and compare them closely.

"But it's troublesome that they look the same. I can't tell them apart."

"That's true. If you could tell what kind of aerial tool it is at a glance, it might be countered by the enemy."

What enemy are they talking about? And if there's a way not to be noticed, there are plenty of them.

"Is it impossible to make them look different from this shape?"

"It's not impossible, but... what for?"

"How are they made in terms of structure?"

The shopkeeper suddenly makes a stern expression.

Of course, in Japan, the clerks often answer this question, but it seems that it doesn't work in another world.

"Halogen-sama, wouldn't it be better to discuss something generally known? You can find out quickly if you look it up."

The young lady, who had been silent until now, suddenly chimed in. It's appreciated, but I didn't intend to ask her to pry it. I just asked as an extension of small talk.

"Yes, as a basic structure, we first place a magic stone in the center. It's a stone with the appropriate purity and size for the magic. Unless it's something extraordinary, people use small, low-purity stones for aerial tools. Occasionally, we find huge, high-purity magic stones. But they're not used for aerial tools."

Hmm, I see. So, you need a mysterious object called a magic stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test