29 December 2023

Shop 19.3

Test

Chapter 19.3. The First Cleaning Tools In The Wilderness


"Processed magic stones are placed at the center, and a magic circle is drawn around it. It's to channel the correct magical power into the magical stone. The circuit is drawn to fold into this spherical tip. If someone poured magic power into it, the spell will be activated."

"Oh... How big are magical stones?"

Halogen shifts his gaze to Cherina, and the young lady nods slightly. The shopkeeper sighs and answers.

"This is a magical stone."

He takes out a small, transparent stone from his pocket. It looks like a crystal, but it's surprisingly small, about the size of a grain of rice.

"It's quite small."

"The larger and purer the magical stone, the more expensive it becomes."

What I wanted to say is that if it's this small, I'm amazed it can activate such magic, but it doesn't matter.

However, if it's this small, couldn't it have a different shape?

As I'm inspecting it closely, Cherina speaks to me.

"Akira-sama, is something on your mind?"

"No, I just had a thought..."

"If it's alright, could you share it with us?"

Hmm. Is it worth talking about?

"No, if magical stones are this small, I was wondering if it's possible to make aerial tools in the shape of cards."

"Card-shaped...?"

"Yes."

I close my eyes as if pondering. And think of "playing cards."

-Approved. The SHOP's products have increased.-

I confirm, and 'Playing Cards = 560 yen' is added, so I purchase it. It's a bit of a waste, but I couldn't just say, "It's nothing." after talking this far.

My remaining balance is 178,169 yen.

I take out the cards and arrange several of them on the table.

"Even if it's impossible to make them as thin as one card, can't we create thickness like this? I don't know how the magical circle is structured, but can't we make it by stacking multiple cards?"

"What's the advantage of that?"

"First, make all the fronts look the same. Then, write what kind of magic it is on the back. If you can't read, you can use symbols or marks, like this."

I take out the Ace of Clubs.

"Like this, everyone sees the same suit from the front, so they don't know what I'm using. And if you fan it out and hold it, you can use multiple cards."

"Akira-sama, aerial tools can't be used simultaneously. You have to activate it by direct contact with the skin, and it's only one at a time. Of course, it has a built-in feature to prevent accidental activation, but there's a possibility of it going out of control when trying to handle multiple tools at the same time."

The excitement I had so far is visibly fading.

"Then, is it possible to make only the center of the cards respond to contact?"

"What do you mean?"

"If you touch the upper, lower, left, or right sides of the card, it's okay, right? You can hold it like this."

I show 5 cards fanned out with one hand, like playing poker.

"That way, only the same suit is visible from there. I know what kind of cards I have. I draw one out like this."

I draw one and hold it with my right hand so that the thumb touches the center.

"...!"

Halogen and Cherina are in shock. It seems I surprised them to some extent.

"Well, I thought it would be convenient if it could be made like that... Oh, I can't suddenly make it, can I? Anyway, for now, the cleaning..."

"Akira-sama!"

Cherina suddenly raises her voice from her rigid state.

"Ye-yes?"

"Akira-sama... Can I buy that idea from you?"

"Huh?"

"I don't think you're aware, Akira-sama, but your idea will undoubtedly revolutionize aerial tools."

"Oh, really?"

It seems like an easy story to arrive at, but if it improves usability even a bit.

"Absolutely. I will offer you ample gratitude. However, please keep this information exclusive to this place."

"That's fine, but... if possible, I have one request."

"Yes, what is it?"

"When the card-shaped aerial tool is completed, I'd like it to be the first one you sell... at a special price, of course."

"Of course. Well then, let's start the 'negotiation.'"

Cherina smiles slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test