26 December 2023

Musou Slime 8

Test

8. I Optimized The Monster Extermination Process


The next morning, I left the inn with a light heart. 

Something incredible had happened. On the day I separated from the party, my income nearly tripled. 

Until then, I had only received a portion of the rewards, so they must have significantly embezzled my rewards.

Even during currency exchange, Sierra repeatedly reminded me not to 'waste money' and to 'save properly.' The money was securely in my hands.

But, since it's a rare occasion, why not have a decent breakfast?

"Let's dig in!"

Right after leaving the inn, I entered a nearby diner. Usually, I only had a piece of bread at the guild.

But now that I received a substantial reward, it wouldn't hurt to eat something better.

"I'll have toast, please!"

As soon as I placed my order, I opened my status.

――

Arx Seirant, 17 years old, male

Level 7

Skills

<Slime>

[Mimicry]... Can transform user's own body into a level 2 slime.

[Split]... Can split the mimicked body. Maximum is 12.

――

First, let's review yesterday. My skill, <Slime>, has two abilities: [Mimicry], which transforms my body into slime, and [Split] which splits the slime's body. There's a special ability to it. When I split and fight monsters, each clone gains experience equal to the number of bodies.

In other words, defeating a monster with two clones results in a double experience. As I can now split into 12 bodies, the maximum experience gain is 12 times. It's an efficient way to level up.

Yesterday, I could defeat a goblin with the help of 12 clones. This led to a level-up, changing my slime level from 1 to 2.

Today, I want to verify how strong a level 2 slime is. Even if I can't defeat a goblin one-on-one, I'd be pleased if the leveling efficiency has improved.

"Here's your toast, sorry for the wait."

Before me was piping hot toast. On top of the steamy bread were crispy bacon and a sunny-side-up egg shining like the sun.

Unable to resist, I picked it up, took a bite, and enjoyed the satisfying crunch of the bread and the rich taste of the egg yolk.

It's so delicious. Having such a good meal in the morning, being expelled from the party doesn't seem so bad.

Let's earn plenty of rewards today and have toast again tomorrow!

After finishing breakfast, I headed to the same grassy area as yesterday.

The quest I took was 'Goblin Subjugation.' It's a simple quest—defeat 10 goblins and bring back their ears.

"Well then, shall I [Mimic] again today!"

Having transformed into a slime, I split into 12 slimes, just like yesterday.

First and foremost, let's defeat the goblins for today. Where are the goblins nearby?

"Gugege!!"

Oops, while looking around, it seems they were unexpectedly close. They've noticed my presence and are running towards me.

I want to avoid reducing the number of clones by getting crushed right away! Let's start with a simultaneous attack! Everyone, let's go!

We charged at the goblins. Our slime bodies collided with the approaching goblin, delivering a collective tackle.

"Take this!"

The slime body collided with the goblin's torso. At that moment, I felt a completely different impact than yesterday.

"Gegge!?"

As if in response to the cry, the goblin's body got sent flying as if hit by a carriage. Rolling on the ground with a rumble, it stopped, no longer moving.

Huh? It's like there's no resistance at all. It seems I'm fighting a completely different monster than yesterday.

It's not that the goblin has weakened. I've become significantly stronger.

Amazing! That must be the effect of my slime level going up! Just going from 1 to 2 has a tremendous impact. I can't speak right now, but I feel like laughing unintentionally.

Let's fight a few more goblins to confirm the strength equivalent to how many slime bodies. It might be impossible one-on-one, but with 2 or 3, it should be more than enough!

I spent the next 30 minutes or so defeating several goblins. I started with 10, then reduced it to 8, 6, and so on.

Reducing the number too much takes time to defeat, and too many becomes inefficient. I aimed for the right balance.

As a result, the most efficient ratio was 4 slimes per goblin. In other words, I can handle up to 3 at once.

Now that it's settled, let's efficiently exterminate the goblins!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test