26 December 2023

Musou Slime 9

Test

9. Convenient! Autopilot!


From there, I didn't stop. 

I divided the 12 slimes into four groups of 3 and started to exterminate goblins. 

It's become second nature to control all 12 at once.

Coordinating with 4 slimes, I took down one goblin. 

Even the loss of one affects the efficiency of experience points and can disrupt coordination, so I stick to the motto of 'cherishing life'. 

It's incredible how the once formidable goblins are now easily defeated by me. 

It feels like a lie. Yesterday, I was risking my life in battles.

After 3 teams each defeated five goblins, we temporarily halted the operation. It was almost noon.

"Phew, even though I'm used to it, moving 12 bodies simultaneously is quite tiring."

I returned to my human form and sat on a nearby rock. 

If my predictions are correct, it's about time.


――

You have reached level 8.

The ability of <Slime> has been enhanced.

――


Oh! It's here, the awaited level-up time!

I immediately opened my status. The excitement made the fatigue disappear.


――

Arx Seirant, 17 years old, male

Level 8

Skills:

<Slime>

[Mimicry]... Can transform user's own body into a level 2 slime.

[Split]... Can split the mimicked body. Maximum is 12.

[Autopilot]... Can automatically control the split slimes.

――


Oh, there's another new ability! 

The third <Slime> ability is called [Auto-pilot]. So, does this mean I won't need to control the slimes anymore...? If that's the case, it's quite revolutionary! They can fight on their own without me having to move them!

"This is amazing! Let's try it right away!"

I transformed into the slime's appearance, [Mimicked], and divided into 12. This operation is also smooth. Now, how did it change...? At the moment, there seems to be no apparent difference.

"Squeak!"

"Squeak squeak!"

I noticed the difference immediately. 

The slimes are making sounds on their own! That didn't happen before. They were like dolls, not moving or making sounds unless I directed them.

How about that? 

My slime clones are now lined up in front of me! Amazing! 

Is this the power of [Autopilot]? Even though they're my clones, seeing them move by themselves makes them look cute! It feels like having pets!

"Everyone, go defeat the goblins!"

"Squeak!"

When I gave the command, the slimes divided into teams, and began searching for goblins. Ohhhh! These guys are amazing! They understand my instructions perfectly!

Wait, could it be that I'm not needed anymore?

Not in a self-deprecating way. If my clones can move on their own, it means goblin hunting can happen without my direct intervention. 

So, maybe I can sleep?

The clones are grouped into teams of four, and honestly, even if one is missing, it won't lose to goblins. It'll just be a bit less efficient.

Yeah, I'm not needed. I'll leave goblin hunting to the other slimes.

However, since this is the first use of [Autopilot], I can't do nothing. 

I'll keep an eye on them for a bit.

Just like when I controlled them directly, I could see the slimes' field of view. I decided to observe the battle from their perspective.

Team 1 defeated a goblin. Next, Team 3 Oh, and Team 2 found and defeated the 2ond goblin. Smooth progress.

Hmm, perfect! It seems flawless, even more so than when I controlled all 12. It looks like I can trust them with this.

While keeping an eye on everyone's perspective, I'll take a short break. Anyway, today is warm, and I'm starting to feel sleepy.

*

Ha!!

It seems I fell asleep. The sun is setting. It's already evening!

That was dangerous; I was sleeping on the battlefield in slime form! 

What was I thinking!? I could have been crushed by other monsters or adventurers! 

Miraculously, I managed to hide behind a rock, and I'm uninjured. 

Whew, that was close.

Now, I wonder if my clones have finished exterminating the goblins. It's late, and I'll return to my human form.

Hey, everyone, good job! Come back!

As I said in my mind, the clones all returned. All 11 are here. Everyone did well, even until this late!

"Now, let's see how it went..."

As I muttered, I witnessed an unbelievable sight. From the slime's perspective, I hadn't noticed the incredible situation around me.

"What, what is this!?"

At my feet, there were countless goblin skins scattered around!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test