26 December 2023

Musou Slime 7

Test

7.  The New Girl's Disappointment  [SIDE: Party]


This party is the worst.

I, Raize Maitland, joined the party on the first day and was convinced of that.

As a noble's daughter, I had no need to become an adventurer for financial reasons.

However, the skill I was born with was called <Four Great Elements>, a skill said to manifest in only 1 out of 10 thousand people—a modestly put, jackpot skill.

I wanted to use this skill to protect people, so I swore to become strong.

My parents said, "Nobles don't need to protect commoners. Commoners should die for the sake of nobles." But that's wrong. 

Those in positions of power must not be weak.

To defy such parents, I swore to become an adventurer. I thought of joining a top-notch party to hone my skills.

And yet, Brutal Edge turned out to be a major disappointment.

"Hey, Dan-sama is so cool~!"

"Yes, open your mouth! Ahh~."

I was particularly disappointed in the party leader, Dan. He's now happily feeding the female party members while grinning.

This is not a recent development. Dan and the other party members have been acting lovey-dovey all day long. There is no sense of seriousness at all.

The monsters they defeat are all weak, clearly in the realm of hobbies. There is no enthusiasm to become stronger whatsoever.

I heard that Brutal Edge is an S-class party. Moreover, the quests they take on are supposed to have a reasonable level of difficulty.

Why is such a party classified as an S-class? The answer became clear.

Dan's real name is Dan Orteze. In other words, he is the son of a lord.

I had seen him a few times through family connections. He left the impression of an unpleasant blond man, and that impression hasn't changed.

Dan is using his family connections to illegitimately raise his party's rank.

Moreover, it seems he has exaggerated his strength quite a bit. When I heard, he was level 40, but it's probably around 12.

Surrounding himself with yes-woman and raising the party's rank through dishonest means. The reason for this is that he plans to marry the princess.

Spread rumors as an adventurer, and when the time comes to find a fiancé for the princess, his name will be suggested as a candidate.

Ultimately, it's a scheme to gain power.

Frankly, it's disgusting. It makes my skin crawl.

I wanted to become strong and become an adventurer, yet the only party my parents allowed was Brutal Edge.

Looking back, it makes sense. It was probably a strategy to make me part of Dan's harem and get close to the lord.

I hate the existence of nobles. Is this what humans can become, so repulsively?

"Hey, Raize."

As I have dinner alone, Dan approaches and speaks.

"You should come over here too. You'll get used to it quickly."

"I decline. Being with you all would just lower me to the same level."

"Hey, watch how you talk. I am the party leader. I determine how you're treated."

On top of that, Dan knows that my family is of lower status. It's probably a threat that if I resist, my family will suffer.

"Come on, come. The tent is over there. The other girls are ready, so hurry up—"

"Don't touch me!"

I slapped Dan's hand as he tried to touch my shoulder. In response, Dan glared at me sharply.

"Don't get carried away!"

In an instant, Dan's powerful slap struck my cheek, and I found myself on the ground.

"Do you think you're cute or something? Do you think you'll be cherished? No way, you amateur!"

Dan's enraged kick. Despite feeling pain, I desperately stood up and glared back.

"You don't get it, so let me tell you. To me, you're nothing more than a tool. You don't have the right to refuse to be a tool. Just shut up and do what I say!"

Dan's shout echoed through the forest. The yes-woman standing behind glared at me, then approached Dan.

"Hey, Dan-sama? It's not good to ruin such a fun night. Why not forget about that girl and enjoy with us instead?"

"I can't wait, Dan-sama~!"

"Tch, fine. Raize, and keep an eye on the tent's surroundings. Don't ruin my mood."

Leaving me with those words, Dan entered the tent.

This is the worst. I feel sick. Why do I have to go through this?

I glared fiercely at the tent. Anger consumed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test