08 December 2023

Bottom Tier 6

Test

Rare Item Drop


The day after we were becoming adventurers, we arrived at a cave in the forest to take on a quest at the Adventurer's Guild.

"It's so dark and damp, and it smells weird..."

I immediately heard complaints from Ao-chan, who was behind me.

"Please bear with it."

For true adventurers, the standard route is to repeatedly complete hunting and gathering quests in the forest, level up, improve skills, and become stronger by buying equipment with the money saved. However, that's the official route for beginners who have chosen a user-friendly profession. Even if a Thief does the same thing, it takes a long time and is inefficient.

That's why we were here, taking on the unofficial quest 'Defeat the Human-Faced Spider'. That's the recommended quest for those who want to go beyond their limits and come to the cave.

For our level, this area is extremely dangerous.

"We can steal valuable items from the monsters deep inside, right?"

"You'll receive a considerable reward if you defeat them, but the goal is to steal, so let's not defeat them after our purpose is completed."

"Are we really okay...? We're not supposed to be here, right?"

"Ignoring entry into non-recommended areas can lead to serious consequences."

Beginners who get lost usually end up beaten to a pulp.

"I'm even worse than a beginner."

"Let's do our best."

"Ugh, this is so mental..."

In the deepest part of the cave is a monster called Arachne, which has a human upper body and a spider lower body. Its level is 14. We level 5, so it's not an opponent we can easily defeat.

By the time we reach it, we might be at level 10, but it's still a formidable opponent.

As we walked through the cave, a person emerged from the darkness.

"Oh, are there other adventurers here?"

"That's wrong, sensei."


――――――――――

Human-Faced Spider

Level 7

HP 21

SP 10

――――――――――


"Gyaaaaaaa! What's that? Creepy!"

"It's the quest target. We'll do it!"

Ao-chan shivered and moved behind a rock, even though we already facing a formidable foe.

I had Ao-chan use [Heavy Curse], and I attacked with my dagger. The blue blood sprayed out as I struck, and the monster's dying cries echoed.

"Gaaaaaahhhhh!"

The first attempt missed, and when I used [Plunder] repeatedly. Then a familiar sound chimed in.

"Gyaaahh!"

If successful, [Plunder] would deal damage equal to the enemy's level, but it also had a chance to fail.

<Shiozaki Minato stole Spider Silk>

That was the material I needed in large quantities for crafting armor.

The enemy went into motion.

Its attack involved spewing out threads, a move I had anticipated, so I easily evaded it.

Thanks to my equipment, my agility had increased, giving me plenty of room for evasion.

With this agility, I could probably evade attacks from even stronger enemies.

To conserve SP, I signaled to Ao-chan to stop using her support skills.

I continued to attack the Human-Faced Spider with my dagger until we finally defeated it.

<Shiozaki Minato gained 63 experience points>

<Level increased by 1>

<Obtained Immortal Spider Silk and 700 Lin from the Human-Faced Spider>

Huh? Huh huh huh?

Did a rare item just drop!?

"Yes, level up!"

Ao-chan cheered from behind.

Honestly, my level didn't matter much at this point.

"Arachne is indoors, right? Maybe we can beat it...!"

"Minato-kun, what's wrong?"

"I got a rare item drop. Look, this one."

I showed her the Immortal Spider Silk from my inventory.

Unlike regular spider silk, it had a bracelet-like shape and could be worn on the wrist, making it a convenient item.

"A rare item, huh? Oh, okay."

Her reaction was somewhat lackluster, so I equipped it and demonstrated it before her.

The white thread shot out from the wristband and attached to the wall.

"See, it's amazing, right?"

Shoo, shoo.

"...It's kind of gross."

"Huh?"

Ao-chan wrinkled her nose and frowned in disgust.

I was getting so excited about a rare item drop. But there was a stark difference in our reactions.

"It's... not like that. It's not a perverted thing!"

"I... I don't see it that way!"

She pouted in frustration.

I had heard that on the internet, people had made jokes about it being a wrist ding-dong or something, but I didn't think it would elicit such a reaction.

The attached thread couldn't be easily removed when pulled.

"If we move using this, it'll be much easier."

"Ehh... Using this for transportation?"

She seemed extremely reluctant.

"Like this...?"

"Is this really...?"

"Should we stop this form of transportation?"

"...N-No, it's fine. I don't really mind. It's not as bad as I thought... yeah."

Ao-chan seemed embarrassed.

"Maybe it's nice if you hold me a little tighter..."

"Huh? Oh, right, if we fall, it could be dangerous."

"S-Yeah, that's what I meant."

Still holding onto the blushing Ao-chan, I used the spider silk to move several meters into the cave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test