08 December 2023

Bottom Tier 21

Test

Hayabusa And Sharp Strike


I was recalling my status and that of High Angel Avenger. Fortunately, I had learned the skill [Sharp Strike]. 

The conditions for learning it were having [Plunder] skill proficiency at maximum, accumulating over 700 damage through [Plunder], [Deception] skill proficiency at B or higher, and being at least level 25. 

I was sure it went something like that.

Having this skill or not could make a significant difference in how a Thief operates.

No one really dedicated themselves to this profession, and many were unaware of it. 

Even if they did know, the return on their hard work was minimal, which was why being a Thief was considered a bottom-tier profession.

"Boooooom!"

Avenger roared under his helm. 

As it swung its scepter, immediately activated its skill, and it released countless gleaming black bullets.

"Huh!?"

Ao-chan was surprised and momentarily frozen.

That was bad. 

I used my thread to move Ao-chan out of the attack range.

"Dogagagagagaaa!" 

The bullets tore through the floor and walls, leaving large marks. 

It was a close call. 

If they had hit us, there might not have been anything left.

To assess the situation, I hid behind a pillar.

"Sensei, do you still have some strength left?"

"Yeah, I still have 60% SP remaining."

"Good job."

"Hehe. I got praised."

Despite being in the middle of quite a serious battle, I couldn't help but relax for a moment.

"Minato-kun, there was something I forgot to ask. When I defeated some angel somewhere, a Flexible Hand ended up in my inventory."

"Huh?"

Flexible Hand, that's a rare item. 

The one Ao-chan had shown me was undoubtedly genuine. 

Oh, right! 

Were you trying to tell me something in RP?

"Minato-kun, what kind of item is this?"

"For some people, it's a completely useless item."

"I see..."

Seeing Ao-chan's disappointment, I continued. 

"But for us right now, it's something we can be very thankful for."

"!"


――――――――――

Flexible Hand

Does not restrict the profession of weapons. Reduces damage from weapon attacks by 50%.

――――――――――


"It allows you to wield weapons you wouldn't normally be able to."

"Hmm?"

"Sensei, with Flexible Hand, you can use this..."

I took out the Sky Axe obtained from the Arc Bison.


――――――――――

Sky Axe

Attack +68 Magic Defense +5 Agility -7

Restricted to heavy armor-related professions.

――――――――――


Even with the reduced speed, her Attack will increase by 34 if she equips it.

I handed it to Ao-chan, and she equipped it right away.

"Huh!? Heavy!?"

"But you should be able to swing it."

Ao-chan, who didn't look like she could handle it, slowly lifted the clearly unnatural and large axe. 

In terms of equipment and Ao-chan's weight, the axe seemed heavier.

"Hnngh! Hup!"

With a dull sound of the wind, she swung the axe down.

"Is this okay?"

"It's more than enough."

"Buuaaaooooooo――!"

Finally, the enemy pinpointed our location. 

The attack skill hit the hidden pillar directly, and a tremendous explosion resounded as the pillar broke and fell. 

I held Ao-chan firmly and used my thread to move quickly. 

After we left that spot, our eyes met with the enemy.

"But if I get hit before you can land a blow on the enemy, isn't this useless?"

"Yes, it has a considerable opening, and it would be a miracle for an inexperienced beginner to hit a stronger opponent even with its enhanced stats. We won't even be able to get close."

"That's no good."

"...But, sensei, I can create openings for you. I'm here to support you. Please trust me and swing that axe with all your might."

"Got it! I believe in you!"

With the help of the thread, we moved again. 

The enemy's attacks landed right behind us.

"Isn't it heavy? Are you okay?"

"It's heavy."

"You said it's not heavy earlier!"

Then why did I even ask? 

I almost lost my focus on the battle for a moment.

I widened my half-closed eyes and refocused.

"Always stay in their blind spot. That's our strategy."

I repeated the process of using the thread to move two or three times to avoid the enemy's line of sight. 

I attacked from the blind spot, just like at the beginning.

"Sensei!"

"Evolving skill, take this!"

I couldn't believe it, but that's what happened. 

Ao-chan isn't using [Heavt Curse] instead of [Dark Magic].

Following that, she extended the duration with [Modulation.

"Sensei, use that."

"Okay!"

Additionally, she uses [Slow] to the enemy. 

I used [Hayabusa] to increase my Agility. 

Many players thought this skill was for escaping or dodging.

But I had a different idea. 

I activated [Sharp Strike] on the enemy's unprotected back.

Kiin and a critical sound resonated. 

I swung the Poison sword.

<High Angel Avenger took 79 damage>

"Wow, that's a lot all at once!"

Ao-chan exclaimed in amazement. 

The enemy finally noticed me and launched a close-range area attack.

The ground we were on turned pitch black. 

It was an attack spell with numerous needle-like projectiles. 

The idea of retreating crossed my mind.

But I chose to continue my attack.

I signaled my actions, and Ao-chan raised the heavy axe with all her might. 

I activated [Deception]. 

Its effect became apparent, creating an opening before the enemy's attack.

"Uhhhhnyaaaaaa!"

Ao-chan let a strange battle cry and swung the axe with all her strength.

Thud!

"W-W-What!?"

The enemy stumbled significantly. 

Checking its HP, Ao-chan's strike had dealt 37 damage. 

The enemy's attack got canceled, and it stumbled backward.

"Just as planned!"

"Minato-kun, is this..."

"It's what you might call a big chance."

This phenomenon occurs when you deal a large amount of damage in a short time, and it's not uncommon in the game. 

However, for us, who focus on chipping away at damage little by little, we hadn't seen it happen before.

I had Ao-chan use [Sloth] to lower the defense. 

While I continued to chip away with the poison sword, I kept High Angel Avenger in a poisoned state.

"Uhhhnyaaah!"

Ao-chan swung the axe again. 

The enemy took a direct hit, losing 40 HP.

When it came to straightforward physical attacks, Ao-chan was definitely much stronger than me. 

However, creating significant openings like this and having swift mobility was essential. 

It was kind of like being a fixed turret with extremely short-range firepower.

Once the enemy recovered from its stunned state, it distanced itself from us. 

It drew something in the air with its staff, creating a magic circle that shone in black and silver. 

Then, a super-thick magic attack was unleashed, even more powerful than the pillars.

For someone like me who excelled in moving and evading, there was no way I'd get hit by an attack with such a tell. 

I immediately moved Ao-chan and myself out of the attack range and used [Hayabusa] again.

[Hayabusa] wasn't a skill for evading or running away. 

I believed it was a skill to enhance [Sharp Strike].

I closed the distance for the 3rd time, unleashed [Sharp Strike], and further reduced its HP. 

Then, I succeeded with several more hit-and-run tactics, focusing on my [Sharp Strike] and Ao-chan's physical attacks.

During this time, the poison mercilessly continued to damage one after another. 

And then...

High Angel Avenger, who had dropped his staff, started shaking and became immobilized. He slowly disappeared.

<.Shiozaki Minato gained 10,050 experience points>

<.Leveled up by 3 levels>

<.Skill [Plunder] evolved into "Thief's Expertise">

<.Skill [Deception] proficiency increased to A- >

<.Skill [Hayabusa] proficiency increased to E- >

<.Skill [Sharp Strike] proficiency increased to E->

<.Obtained the title Angel Killer]>

<.Obtained two [SP Up] skills from High Angel Avenger>


――――――――――

Shiozaki Minato

Job: Thief

Level: 28

HP: 104/104

SP: 7/69

Attack: 33+15

Defense: 20

Magic Attack: 16

Magic Defense: 16

Agility: 41+6+3

Titles: Daring Thief, Flame of Tenacity, Mirage, Poison User, Angel Killer

Skills: Thief's Expertise (E-), Deception (A-), Pyrotechnics (C+), Thief's Aesthetic Eye (C+), Hayabusa (E), Sharp Strike (E)

――――――――――

――――――――――

Thief's Expertise

Low chance of stealing items from enemies.

Simultaneously inflicts SP damage equal to the character's level on the enemy.

――――――――――

――――――――――

Angel Killer

Increases damage dealt to angelic beings by 5% when attacking them.

――――――――――

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test