08 December 2023

Bottom Tier 20

Test

High Angel Of The Sky Castle


We arrived at the entrance of a vast hall where the High Angel awaited.

Our status was in perfect condition.

"As long as we don't let our guard down, we'll be fine, sensei and me."

"Yeah! Minato-kun, please protect me."

"Of course, I'll protect you."

"So, I will protect Minato-kun."

"..."

Her unexpected statement left my eyes wide open.

It seemed even Ao-chan had grown stronger. 

This transformation of a beginner into a dependable figure was heartwarming for the experienced players.

"But I'm the teacher, and I'm older."

"But this isn't a school trip chaperone duty."

"That's okay."

"Well then, shall we go on a somewhat challenging field trip?"

When they pushed open the door, a large angelic figure materialized in a soft, ethereal form.


――――――――――

High Angel the Decayed Sky Castle Lord

Level: 33

HP: 807

SP: 444

――――――――――


With a golden ring hovering above its head, it had an expressionless face marked by several fine scars, almost like plaster. 

It had short silver hair and a somewhat androgynous appearance. 

Its pure white wings, like those of an angel, were tainted. In its hand, it held a scepter.

"AAAHHH!"

A piercing sound wave sent ripples through the vast hall. 

As previously planned, Ao-chan and I sprang into action. 

I positioned myself as the enemy's target, while Ao-chan darted for the enemy's blind spot. 

Brandishing its scepter, it cast a silver lightning spell, an attack magic skill.

The enemy's level was a solid 10 above mine, and my magic defense was thinner than my physical defense. 

As usual, I shouldn't have been able to evade it. 

I took a large sidestep, avoiding the magic. 

The silver lightning exploded on the floor, scattering tiny shards.

High Angel flapped its wings and ascended. 

The ceiling of the grand hall was high, and without anti-air attacks, like magic skills, it was challenging to chip away at this enemy's HP. 

The ceiling of the great hall is high, and without magic-based skills and other anti-aircraft attacks, it's difficult to reduce the HP of this enemy. It sometimes descends, though only for a short time.

If players were to aim for it, they would have to be very proud of their firepower to defeat this enemy.

"Faaaaaaaah!"

It triggered the same attack skill 2, or 3 times, launching attack magic from the high ceiling. 

It was almost like a heavy bomber. 

I used my Immortal Silk Thread to attach myself upward and quickly ran up the wall.

The enemy moved its scepter sideways, and four white blades appeared, each aiming for me. 

It was one of the close combat skills it used when you got too close. 

But I wasn't an easy target to catch.

I attached the thread upwards and ascended rapidly, avoiding the attack.

It became clear that the enemy had lost sight of me. 

Now was the time. 

I signaled Ao-chan, who was watching me closely.

Immediately, [Heavy Curse] and [Dissonance] were activated. 

Using the thread to descend would be faster than just freefalling.

I attached the thread to High Angel's back and closed the distance instantly. 

I activated [Plunder] and [Thief's Aesthetic Eye] simultaneously, employing the familiar pattern.

<Stole either Tarnished Feather, Magic Silver Fragment, or Potion>

<.Dealt 23 damage to High Angel>

The first attempt was a success. 

I continued to trigger it.

<Stole either Magic Silver Fragment, Potion, or Sinister Robe>

<Dealt 23 damage to High Angel>

The enemy started its attack animation, but I could go for one more attempt. 

I signaled Ao-chan again, and she used [Laziness] and [Dissonance].

Those skills slightly lowered the enemy's defense and reduced its abnormal resistance.

I continued by activating [Deception] and [Pyrotechnics].

I tried to create a significant opening in the enemy's defenses and aim for a critical with a fire-imbued poisoned blade.

<Dealt 30 fire damage to High Angel>

<High Angel is Poisoned>

<High Angel takes 12 damage from Poison>

Although it didn't result in burns, it was a job well done. 

The enemy resumed its attack, but by then, I had already moved into its blind spot. 

It seemed like I could seal this fight flawlessly.

The enemy began to swing its scepter, performing a motion for a ranged attack skill.

"Sensei!"

"Yeah!"

Since we had discussed it in advance, Ao-chan understood my cue. 

Ao-chan moved to a corner of the vast hall, which was out of range for area attacks. 

Using the thread, I quickly flew over to that spot.

"Faaaaaaah!"

The scepter emitted a flash from its tip. 

The attack spread out in a spherical shape, illuminating the grand hall with silver skills. 

During this time, continuous damage from the poison status was taking its toll.

"Is everything going smoothly?"

"Yes. Next, I'll aim for Severe Poison, maybe even a Burn."

However, [Pyrotechnics] consumed SP, so I needed to be cautious about when to use it. 

The enemy was descending slowly to the floor.

"Let's go."

"Yeah."

Based on its behavior pattern, when it descended to the floor, it was an opportunity for the player. 

It only used physical attacks with the scepter, so by being careful, we could significantly reduce its HP.

"Sensei!"

"Understood!"

[Modulation], [Lazyness], and [Dissonance] were activated on High Angel.

I dodged its scepter attacks and swiftly attacked its legs multiple times with the poisoned blade. Hoping the poison would take effect.

<Dealt 13 damage to High Angel>

<Dealt 12 damage to High Angel>

<Dealt 14 damage to High Angel>

The enemy turned its scepter and activated a type of defense skill, which reduced physical damage. 

However, that wasn't my target.

<Dealt 10 damage to High Angel>

<High Angel's Poison became Severe Poison>

<High Angel takes 24 damage from Severe Poison>

And... done. 

From that point, I aimed for moments of absolute safety to approach and continue slashing with the poisoned blade. 

As I repeatedly chipped away at its HP, my breathing became noticeably heavier.

After High Angel landed for what seemed like the umpteenth time, it convulsed unnaturally and collapsed from its knees.

<Shiozaki Minato gained 1,220 experience points>

<Level increased by 2>

<Skill proficiency for [Plunder] is now A+>

<Skill proficiency for [Deception] is now B+>

<Skill proficiency for [Thief's Aesthetic Eye] is now C+>

<Learned the skill [Sharp Strike]>

<Gained Fairy Feather and 1,200,000 Lin from High Angel>


――――――――――

Shiozaki Minato

Job: Thief

Level: 25

HP: 91/91

SP: 33/56

Attack: 28 + 15

Defense: 16

Magic Attack: 13

Magic Defense: 13

Agility: 36 + 5 + 3

Titles: Daring Thief, Flame of Tenacity, Mirage, Poison User

Skills: Plunder (A+), Deception (B+), Pyrotechnics (C+), Thief's Aesthetic Eye (C+), Hayabusa (E-), Sharp Strike (E-)

――――――――――


――――――――――

Sharp Strike

Deals damage that ignores defense based on the difference in agility.

――――――――――


Using [Thief's Aesthetic Eye], I selected to steal Magic Silver Fragment and Sinister Robe from High Angel.

After taking a deep breath and relaxing, Ao-chan suddenly exclaimed.

"Minato-kun, look!"

She pointed to the fallen High Angel. We had defeated it, so it should have disappeared, but now it was shrouded in a dark mist.

"This is bad."

"What's wrong?"

"...When you defeat a certain number of specific enemies, there's a very slight chance that the higher-level ones mutate."

"W-what do you mean?"

"It seems like we defeated too many Angels. In other words, we've been killing its underlings so much that the boss got angry."

The timing of mutation is random.

Nonetheless, our luck had taken a turn for the worse.

The black mist dissipated, and the enemy reappeared.


――――――――――

High Angel Revenger

Level: 35

HP: 666

SP: 1200

――――――――――


Its previously expressionless face was now covered by a silver helmet.

Its scepter had grown larger, with a spherical object at the tip.

On its other hand, it wielded a large shield that resembled an inverted trapezoid, adorned with religious designs.

Black lightning-like energy crackled around the enemy.

"It... it looks strong. What do we do?" 

"We have one thing to do."

And there was a way to deal with it, not without options.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test