08 December 2023

Bottom Tier 14

Test

To Unleash True Poison Blade Potential


"Bufuaaaahhhhh!"

Arc Bison let out a roar because it spotted a new intruder.

It's intimidating when I see it in real life. 

I could understand the urge to hesitate.

"Sensei, as usual, just watch for my signal!"

Leaving those words behind, I headed straight for the enemy.

The opponent was a typical power type.

Here, I couldn't use my Immortal Sticky Thread, but with my Agility, dodging attacks shouldn't be a problem.

The enemy swung a large axe downward.

I lightly stepped and changed direction, entering the space beneath the towering Ark Bison.

I drew Arachne's poison blade and cut into the ankles and shins.

<Dealt 3 damage to Arc Bison>

Due to level differences and the enemy's high defense, I could only deal this much ordinary damage.

The enemy tried to crush me with their feet, but I easily avoided it.

I signaled to Ao-chan and had her use [Heavy Curse]. 

Immediately after confirming its activation, I used [Plunder].

It hit on the first try.

There was a chime, and I could hear the system's voice.

<Stole a Bison horn from Arc Bison, dealing 12 damage>

The enemy swung its large axe in a ground-skimming trajectory.

I leaped over it and then jumped again.

In an instant, I disappeared from the enemy's view, confirmed that [Heavy Curse] was still in effect, and used [Pyrotechnics].

Arachne Poison Blade was enveloped in green light and red flames.

"Take this!"

I struck it on the head.

The attack wasn't powerful, so the enemy didn't even scream.

<Dealt 16 fire damage to Arc Bison>

<Arc Bison is Burned>

<Arc Bison received 5 damage from Burn>

<Arc Bison is Poisoned>

<Arc Bison received 8 damage from Poison>

Alright, it worked.

"Bufuuuuu!?"

Arc Bison grimaced unpleasantly and glared at me.

The enemy attacked while effortlessly swinging its martial skills and a huge axe.

I thoroughly employed hit-and-run tactics, cutting and retreating in detail, dodging, and avoiding. 

Then, I found openings in the attacks and closed in again, cutting in detail — repeating the process. 

That's the textbook method of a thief.

I sent another signal to Ao-chan, who was watching the battle from a distance. I asked her to use [Heavy Curse] and [Modulation] to extend the duration of misfortune.

In one of the subsequent close combat encounters, I heard a sound, "Kiin," and landed a critical hit.

<Dealt 25 damage to ArC Bison>

<Arc Bison's Poison became Severe Poison>

<Arc Bison received 15 damage from Severe Poison>

<Arc Bison received 5 damage from Burn>

When I afflict an already Poisoned enemy with Poison again, it evolves into a more potent Severe Poison. 

That's a great help for Thief who struggle to deal damage.

Next, I used [Plunder]. 

It took 3 attempts to succeed.

<Stole the Sky Axe from Arc Bison, dealing 12 damage>

The Sky Axe could be disassembled for materials, or fetch a high price if sold. 

It's used by a profession type called Heavy Arms, such as frontline Heavy Knight and Shield Infantry. 

If I were one of them, I would have cried happily.

"Buoo, Buoubbou!"

I kept my distance and focused on evasion, repeatedly using [Pyrotechnics] for fire-element attacks. 

The Burn disappeared halfway, but the Severe Poison continued. 

It would persist until cured.

Ao-chan, who seemed worried, exclaimed with excitement.

"Amazing! You're perfectly locking down an opponent stronger than you alone!"

Arc Bison, suffering from status ailments and can't recover, attacked relentlessly. 

It was the motion of a creature nearing the end of its HP. 

My SP was also depleted, and I could only perform ordinary attacks. However, soon after, Arc Bison's knees trembled, and it fell, foaming at the mouth, with its eyes rolling back, motionless, and then it disappeared.

I had killed Arc Bison with Poison.

<Shiozaki Minato gained 651 experience points>

<Leveled up by 3>

<Proficiency of skill [Plunder] increased to B+>

<Proficiency of skill [Pyrotechnics] increased to D+>

<Learned the skill [Thief's Aesthetic Sense]>

<Acquired the title Poison User>

<Received an invitation to the Sky Castle and Arc Bison's large fur and 30,000 Rin from Ark Bison>


――――――――――

Shiozaki Minato

Job: Thief

Level: 15

HP: 51/51

SP: 0/30

Attack: 16 + 15

Defense: 10

Magic Attack: 7

Magic Defense: 7

Speed: 26 + 4 + 3

Titles: Daring Thief, Flame of Tenacity, Mirage, Poison User

Skills: Plunder (B+), Deception (B), Pyrotechnics (D+), Thief's Aesthetic Eye (E-)

――――――――――


――――――――――

Thief's Aesthetic Sense

Slightly increases the success rate of stealing. When successfully stealing, you can choose the item.

――――――――――


――――――――――

"Poison User"

Slightly increases the poison occurrence rate.

――――――――――

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test