08 December 2023

Bottom Tier 12.2

Test

Dispute With Another Party At The Guild (2)


So, they had ulterior motives. 

Amid the chaos in the guild, the Fighter unleashed his fists. 

Judging from his equipment, he was probably in level 20's. 

He seemed like the type who had made it this far thanks to his job's specs and his companions' support. 

I dodged his attacks and drew the Arachne's Poison Dagger from my holster.

"Minato-kun!"

"I'm fine, sensei."

There was a White Mage present. 

Even if I attacked seriously, he wouldn't die. 

I swung my sword and unleashed a flurry of precise slashes. 

I aimed to inflict a status condition. 

Swift, light strikes were more effective than heavy, powerful blows. 

Our speed was about equal, but this guy hadn't figured out how to utilize his Fighter abilities yet. 

So, I had the advantage. The blade emitted a dark green effect.

<.Fighter Leg received 4 damage>

<.Fighter Leg is Poisoned>

<.Martial Artist Leg received 8 damage from Poison>

My attack hit, and Reg became poisoned.

"Dammit! You're doing some annoying stuff!"

"That's the true essence of a Thief."

"Hey! Get rid of the poison!"

The Holy Knight demanded, but the White Mage shook her head.

"I haven't learned [Poison Clear] yet."

"Tch, you're useless!"

While they were arguing, Reg continued to succumb to the poison. 

His allies used the healing spell [Heal] to restore his HP, but it didn't solve the fundamental problem.

Fighter, like Thief, didn't have a high HP limit. 

Even if you healed them, their HP would quickly approach zero.

"I can only use [Heal] 4 more times!"

"W-what? No way...! H-help me! I'll die!"

Reg cried for help, but his companions seemed confused and unable to do anything.

Outsiders didn't typically intervene in guild disputes, as the onlookers only watched from a distance. 

I took an Antidote from my inventory and offered it to the Holy Knight.

"How about this for 100,000?"

"Y-You... don't mess with me! You can buy it for 150 Lin, you know!?"

"That's true. But your friend is going to die, right?"

"You're the killer!"

"You're the one who attacked me to kill me, so what's the issue now? Would you like to experience getting slashed as well?"

"Don't get cocky, you..."

The Holy Knight placed his hand on his sword.

"Thanks to my agility, I can match a Fighter's speed. But can you hit me while dodging all my precise attacks?"

"..."

"I could poison all of you. You were the ones who initiated this. No complaints, right?"

My bluff seemed to have worked, as the Holy Knight reluctantly tossed his wallet. 

Upon inspection, it contained only 40,000 Lins.

"This isn't enough."

"Please spare me. That's all our party has, and we have nothing left now. Please, help him. I mean, please help us. This is how it is."

The Holy Knight lowered his head.

"I had no idea you were this strong... I'm truly sorry for causing you trouble. So, please..."

It seemed like he'd learned his lesson, so it was probably fine. I returned his wallet without taking anything from it and used the Antidote on Reg.

"People can be deceiving, so I suggest not underestimating them... Shall we go, Sensei?"

With the altercation settled, we left the Adventurers' Guild behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test